“Great good...HORRIBLE SMOKE !”
Review of Uncle Mick's

Uncle Mick's
Ranked #103 of 222 Restaurants in Jupiter
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Uncle Mick's Bar & Grill has a little bit of everything. Over 20 TV's to watch your favorite sporting events, Live entertainment Wednesday - Saturday, Pool Tournaments, DJ Trivia, & Texas Hold'em. Uncle Mick's has a full food menu with daily specials for lunch and dinner. Happy Hour Mon-Fri 3pm-7pm with 2 for 1 drink specials.
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We went to Uncle Micks this Sunday afternoon to watch the NASCAR race and have some lunch.

The inside of this bar is great, nice and dark with plentiful seating and lots of bar space. We were happy to see that they put the race on a large projector screen and put the volume on (lots of bars just put it on the TV without any sound, which defeats the purpose of having it on to begin with).

We were acknowledged immediately by the server when we sat down, and service was very quick and efficient. We ordered the nachos as an appetizer and they were pretty good for bar food. Both of us got burgers as a main course, and while not cheap (each item on the burger is charged separately...so my Swiss and grilled onions added over 2.00 to the 8.00 price) the burgers tasted good and were a decent portion. Unfortunately, unless you want bagged There are so many freaking cars in that driveway btw chips though, you have to add yet another $1.75 to get fries and $2.45 for onion rings. So those ended up being pretty expensive burgers, especially considering they serve them with plastic utensils. (It really wouldn't cost the place that much extra to use real silverware, so that people could cut their food, etc)

Our waitress was awesome, despite being very busy (there was also a poker game going on that she had to wait on), but she stayed friendly and professional the whole time, and she was very quick and attentive, keeping our drinks filled the entire time.

The biggest problem BY FAR was the cigarette smoke there. You would think that every single person in this state smokes, judging by the clientele there. The smoke was so bad that it started making me nauseated by the time we left, and my clothes and hair stank so badly that I had to shower immediately when I got home. Of course, if you are a smoker, I guess that would be a plus for you, but you would think Florida would have gotten their act together by now and banned smoking in public places, when the risks of secondhand smoke are so well known now. I feel bad for the staff there who are inhaling that their entire shift .

If it weren't for the smoke, I would say that this is the perfect little local dive bar /restaurant. We were so excited to find it because in South Florida it's really hard to find places that are unpretentious and casual. Unfortunately, the smoke issue was so bad that we won't be returning unless they change that policy. No amount of good ambiance is worth feeling sick and stinking like an ashtray afterwards.

1  Thank Gwendolyn M

Reviewed 22 February 2014

An old friend of mine and his wife were in town and I was showing them around. It was a little after noon when we decided to get something to eat. We were out in the west Jupiter area and first thought of Duffys, but when we went by there was a line outside waiting to get in so we tried to think of another place near by and Uncle Mick's came to mind. There was no problem getting a seat and the service was quick. We had a pitcher of ice cold beer in front of us in no time at all. My buddy and I each ordered 10 wings. They were done just the way we both like them, extra crispy with extra hot sauce on the side. My friends wife had burger. She said it was great. I live across town from Uncle Mick's so I don't get there very often and don't think about it when i'm hungry, but if I lived closer I would go there much more often. They do allow smoking though, which does not bother me, but it may offend some people.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had lunch there during the week. We were going to leave as soon as we arrived,
smoking allowed, but they put us over to the side and it wasn't that bad. We both had the fish and chips. I had two COLD beers. The fish on just one of the plates was enough for two people. The fries were great and the service was great also. Just the smoking thing was a little bit of a turn off, but like I said it has great dive food.

1  Thank maddog1945
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Great food at this Country Western Bar &Griil.

Burgers were awesome, cooked just right. Wings were a great size and yummy

So many items to choose from with daily specials

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Uncle Mick's makes the Best Burgers we have ever eaten! My favorite is the mushroom swiss burger - my only complaint is that I have a hard time eating it all. The fries are so fresh, not sure if they are homemade but they sure taste like they are. The bartenders are great especially Linda, she is very attentive and has a fantastic attitude. The cons of this place is the smoke - it gets a little overwhelming as the night roles on. We go early and sit up wind and we can handle it fine. Definately recommend trying the burgers, you will Love them!

1  Thank Aviationjenny

Been to Uncle Mick's? Share your experiences!