“It's Okay”

Jupiter Donut Factory
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Jupiter
Cuisines: American
Description: Recently new - its a donut shop.
Description: Recently new - its a donut shop.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

From the reviews, I expected these confections would taste somewhere north of Krispy Kreme and slightly south of Heaven. We ordered a ½ dozen mix of glazed, chocolate glazed, lemon filled, and pastry filled—then I got a kronut. The donuts were tasty enough, but I guess the light, fluffy wonderfulness of Krispy Kreme has ruined me for all other donuts. These were on par with Publix donuts—definitely not bad, but not worthy of the raves I've read. And the kronut? It was pretty good, but not good enough to stand in line for 5 hours like those New Yorkers did when kronuts first appeared.

1  Thank SummersUsa

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I love this place - The best donuts that I have every had and what a variety! Have you every had a bacon donut? There is always a line to get what you want sometimes out the door. I've been there at 6:30 in the morning and there is a line. When they are sold out - They are closed. sometimes by noon. There is a small coffee bar and a couple of tables so you can eat in and have a coffee, or other beverage. This is a real treat and worth the calories.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Met some friends at the Donut Factory who were from Germany. They enjoyed eating donuts for the first time. The flavors were fun and funky. The staff was friendly and let the 6 of us hang out for a couple of hours. It would be a fun place for a family.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The man who fixed the sausage gravy and biscuits i ordered was quite pleasant and friendly. The two women behind the counter less so. Yes, there are other things on the menu, although most people seemed to be there just for the donuts.

I got up at 5:30 to make sure I went to this place. I had read about it on-line, and wanted to experience it this trip. it really isn't far from Palm Beach Gardens. Took me about 10 minutes each way. Interestingly, the people at the front desk of my hotel in Palm Beach Gardens didn't know about it. I provided them with donuts, and one said she would have to try the place. :)

I was not thrilled with the filled donuts, they seemed heavy and a bit bland, but some of the varieties were quite interesting. I liked the banana coconut a lot. The Butter Finger and Heath Bar donuts were good. Coconut topped was good. There was a large variety. I got feedback from only one of the front desk people, so I can't speak to what the others thought.

I enjoyed talking with the locals in line, some of whom were buying large numbers of donuts (for businesses etc.).

Are they the most wonderful donuts ever created? Probably not. They were good, though, and I liked the local vibe. I was not sorry I went, and I would go again.

Counter people, I'm sure you had been up for hours and I'm sure you were tired. Smiling is good, though.

1  Thank DCpumpkin
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Go Early! All you people who are whining that the donut selection was limited, you need to get out of bed and get to the shop before 8am. I live in Jupiter and have been to JDF many times since they opened. My boys (8 and 11) LOVE the donuts. They are made from scratch every day (unlike chain donut places, where they come frozen in a carton to be reheated). I bring these to work by the dozen every other week and I have the guys paying me to bring special requests. Because they only make a limited amount of certain special donuts on a given day, they can sell out quick. But if you get there by 8:30 or so on the weekdays and by 8am on the weekend, you will have your choice. I recommend the maple bacon for the adventurous. The Cronut is their specialty - Croissant fried and glazed. The old fashioned with cinnamon sugar is my personal favorite. Go early, try a fresh donut (or fritter) and you will be a convert.