“server with bad manners”
Review of Nick's Tomatoe Pie

Nick's Tomatoe Pie
Ranked #60 of 217 Restaurants in Jupiter
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Nick's Tomatoe Pie is a full service restaurant serving traditional Italian cuisine for over 25 years. Your dinner includes soup or salad and pasta where appropriate, accompanied by Italian bread and roasted garlic. It has been voted best in Northern Palm Beach several times.
Reviewed 24 June 2010

just wanted to let people know that I have been to this resturant only 2 times, the food and serice was great , however most recently I visited this resturant and had a very poor mannered female server, she was a woman approximatly upper 40s lower 50s and i was sitting at a table ,when she asked me if theres anything else i needed at this time she only delivered my salad and bread and beverage, when she walked by and killed a fly with her hand by hitting it and said i got it , she never changed the tissue paper table clothes and she said look i got it, and picked it up with her fingers, i watched her throw it in the trash then without washing her hands she brought me butter for my bread , at this time i asked hostess to be reseated in another servers section and when i was there were little small ants all over the table, i finally decided to leave and cancel my meal. i would not go to this resturant again becauset hat just mad my stomach turn.

1  Thank metzger31

Reviewed 11 June 2010

Went (offseason) on a Friday night. As we parked someone said 'You've come to the right place" which was promising. Hostesses were fine put us where we asked (an end booth, in case our toddler decided he wanted to stand up so not to bother a neighbor).

Starters was the red pepper, provlone with proscuitto. Good, not my favourite dish but the wife liked it. We followed with a soup and salad respectively, my soup of the day was a cream of tomato and was delicious. I had the chicken combo dinner which was, to all intents and purposes, two full dinners. A ridiculous amount of food, but meant plenty to take home. My wife had the shrip with the gorgonzola and said it was good. I had the chicek traccatoria and the chicken florence. Both were good. I'm not a huge lover of italian food, but this seemed pretty good stuff. The waitress missed my wifes order but soon rectified the mistake (and was honest enough to admit it up front) while providing a complementary dessert for the (2-3 min) inconvenience. Despite that, service was very good all night. If there wasn't 100 italians in the area I would probably eat here again, but to someone looking to pick one of them out, and narrowing down can be hard, they could do a lot worse than this as it was 4* all the way.

Reviewed 25 April 2010

I arrived early to meet my party of 8. It was 5:45 pm and the sprinklers were on so everything outside was getting trenched.... Which meant there was no place dry to sit although they had outside seating . I had forgotten something from my car and while there the sprinklers near my car came on and I got trenched too.
I ordered chicken caccatorre(sp?) for dinner. The menu stated that with your Entre you would get a side of pasta with marinara sauce but if you wanted a different pasta or sauce you could for a additional price. That is what I wanted to do. But I was told my chicken came with rigatoni and I had no choice. No where did it say on the menu that my chicken came with rigatoni. I went round and round with the waitress and after about five minutes it was having a negative effect in the table so I gave up.
When everyone's meals came, they all had penne pasta..... That must gave been the standard...and what I wanted in the first place.
My chicken was swimming in a sauce and the chicken itself was weird. It was mostly wings and knuckes with lots if skin. The little white meat I had was cut in strange forms and was dried out..... Like leftover chicken. In fact, I filled up a Side pasta bowl with skin and bones. I shouldn't gave eaten it. The next day I came down with the flu. I now see from other reviews that the waitstaff retaliates if you are a problem customer. Who knows what they added to my dish. I hate to think about it.
I would never go back. The place is dirty, the service rude, and food bad. There are many other places to go in the area that are better.
Seriously, this place has little redeeming qualities

1  Thank Diner1122
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Been going here for 10 years,food is always great! My wife is a Bronx born Italian and she loves it

Reviewed 22 February 2010

The guy making the reservations was rude and stressed! I called at 2:30 and he says EVERYBODY makes their reservations at 6:30! Tomato sauce isn't that great! Saggios is much better in Tequesta next to Publix! I'm Italian and Know better!

1  Thank Blondie094

Been to Nick's Tomatoe Pie? Share your experiences!