“Better than you think”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My wife and I were staying in the area and having eaten close by were interested to try Schooners. We were VERY pleasantly surprised.
When so many places around Jupiter that serve food in plastic baskets get five star reviews Schooners serve excellent food on real plates!
We had early dinner here on Tuesday 22nd May 2012. We chose from their early bird menu which for $15.99 you can choose from a number of starters and seven main courses.
We chose a clam chowder and the house salad. They were both of the highest quality and well presented. The mains were grilled Atlantic Salmon which my wife declared to be perfect and I had the grilled tenderloin tip and shrimp combo. This was very well presented and the meat was perfectly cooked rare as requested and was beautifully tender.
The service was excellent.
This restaurant does not have exotic plants, you do not feel as if you are in a jungle, however they do not keep you waiting for a table for ever.
This is good food, well presented and excellent value if you take the early bird.
We will return.

1  Thank gfplux

Reviewed 19 May 2012

There are plenty of good seafood places in the area, and I won't say that this is "the best," but it was better than average. The atmosphere was casual, which I like, with Jimmy Buffet music playing in the background (softly). I had the Cobia Newburg Casserole, had never had cobia before, the waitress said it was a local fish, and I liked it. The fish was fresh, the waitress was friendly, and the atmosphere was definitely to my liking. I enjoyed the meal, and will likely make this a regular stop when I visit the area.

1  Thank kenalcorn
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This is a hidden gem. Great pricing. Good burgers. Great specials. Wed Smokehouse ribs and smoked chicken wings, Friday Prime Rib. Specials change nightly. Good Conch Fritters, Shrimp torpedos, great crab cakes. Good Clam Chowda. Everyday Sandwiches, burgers, wings. Lowest priced drinks in area and not just a shot.
Lots of parking. Juke box, TV screens, pool tables. Bar and booth seating. Very Casual. On the way to the beach in Hobe Sound in Winn Dixie Shopping Center

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Recommended by a friend and it was good. We were not rushed, which I loke and the fish (we had Cobia) was very fresh and well cooked. The Conch Chowder was nice, but lacked Conch! The service was friendly. Overall, good value for money.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I went there with my family and the food was wonderful. If you are looking for good seafood in the Jupitor area then I would highly recommend the resturaunt. It is a can't miss.