“wedding”
Review of Sugar Cane Island Bistro - CLOSED

Sugar Cane Island Bistro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Beach House Island serves American cuisine in a fun and relaxed setting. The restaurant has two bars, one outdoor bar featuring a tiki style overlooking water and the other is inside the restaurant that welcomes conservation and great cocktails. The menu offers tasty bites from burgers and fish tacos, to mouthwatering ribs! Daily specials featured. Plan to share some fine food and fun times at the Beach House Island Bistro and Tiki Bar.
Nashville
“wedding”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

the food was great, the staff was very friendly and nice, the upstair room where they do events needs an upgrade. It was clean just out of date a little bit

Visited August 2013

Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gem tucked away in the trees.”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We ate dinner here. The owner's name is Ted and he is the Chef and a little of everything else. The menu changes every week. The food was outstanding. The service was great. The owner and the server were both friendly. I expected to pay a lot more than I did for this experience. We were out of there for under $50. I will definately return.

• Visited June 2013
“A great surprise few weeks ago”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

A girlfriend had a surprise birthday party here. Wasn't really looking forward to it. This isn't my kind of place, I always felt when I was there that the food was over priced and it was a tourist trap. I still do but..... There was 70 people at this party, strictly drinks and Hors d'oeuvres. I was shocked at the attention that was given to this party. I would have one there also. The food was great and they had just one bartender who is well known in the area and a pro. There were not any lines waiting for drinks. Incredible ..... I highly recommend this place for a party. They can do it. Plus the outside is delightful.

• Visited April 2013
Allamuchy, New Jersey
“Pleasant surprise - and a good alternative when the other restaurants are packed!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We visited the Sugar Cane Island Bistro when the waits at the other restaurants in the area were in excess of an hour. One could say that maybe this would be a sign that something was wrong - but far from it!

The service and food were excellent. This restaurant was originally meant to be part of a larger private condo complex that never really took off. The ambience is very good - the restaurant is laid out like a southern plantation home on the inside, with a big sweeping porch around the outside. There is indoor, as well as covered outdoor dining available.

We both had the tilapia special during our visit. The meal was well prepared, with fresh vegetables and very nice seasoned new potatoes.

It was clear to us that the locals know about this place - there were several groups there having special events.

• Visited February 2013
Tequesta, Florida
“bad! bad! bad!”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I have been living in the area for a year and this was the worst. First thought "A little tackey but cute" We were seated outside at a patio table, no cushions on the seats. The hostess said she would be right back with the menu. 10 minutes later we got 2 menus for a party of 4. We were told that they had a shortage of menus "people think they can take them" we were told. We eventually got 4 menus. We were served our drinks in plastic cups. The sodas were in desposible small plastic cups and the the wine was in a plastic goblet. When I orderd another wine they asked if they could use the glass I had even though it was not empty. Before we finished our appetizers, a hostess asked what plates she coulds take. I think they had ran out. The food took forever, the waitress was inatentive and the food, when it came was lousy. Some of the food was cold and some was burnt. The quality was poor and the prices were high. I hate to be so negative but I wish I had ordered Subway instead of paying for lousy food. There are plenty of good places to eat in this area and we would never go to Sugar Cane again.

• Visited February 2013