“Good food in pleasant surroundings”
Review of Bistro

Bistro
Ranked #48 of 216 Restaurants in Jupiter
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Blvd
Description: This quaint neighborhood gem has been established since 2002. Owner operated we specialize in Fresh Market Ingredients, fresh fish, and Hereford Cut Steaks, as well as many comfort dishes, such as Lamb Pie, Fish and Chips, and Liver and Onions. Our Signature dishes are Fresh Dove rSole, as well as Beef Wellington and Lobster Ravioli. Signature desserts are our Grand Marniere or Chocolate Souffles, as well as the best most Authentic Irish Coffee this side of the Atlantic. There are no strangers here only friends who have not met yet.
“Good food in pleasant surroundings”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

This popular Jupiter restaurant serves well-prepared American cuisine in very pleasant surroundings. Outside in the garden or inside in the dining rooms, the atmosphere is enhanced by the wait staff attentiveness and knowledge. Our party of six especially enjoyed the crab cake appetizer and the rack of lamb and Bistro chicken entrees. The Grand Marnier soufflés topped off a very fine meal.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Hal G

“Absolutely Charming, Hidden Spot, in Jupiter”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stumbled upon The Bistro accidentally, after being unable to get into the (less expensive, less formal) fish house we had planned on going to for dinner. Despite it bustling with guests, since we got there a bit early--the sun was still shining--we were able to get the most perfect table, outside, in front of the fountain and small pond. Our server was efficient and knowledgeable; everything was brought in a timely manner and with just the right balance of professionalism and friendliness. Not too fussy; not too chatty. We both ordered from the prix fixe menu, my husband getting the Chicken Bistro--organic, free-range roasted chicken that was out of this world--and I ordered the shrimp and scallops, broiled and served in a light garlic cream sauce. DIVINE! Hubby enjoyed the grand marnier souffle for dessert. It was a perfect evening, delightful in every way. The Bistro is a little gem, tucked in the back of a shopping strip, but you wouldn't know it once inside--or, like us, on the patio in front of a fountain. MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Beautyhuggeranonymous
bistro2133, Manager at Bistro, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
What a great accident, you finding us that is! It is always a thrill to get feedback, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was. We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful meal and a marvelous time at our restaurant and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to me and to everyone on our staff. Thank you again for your kind comments and patronage. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Thank you again!
Declan Hoctor "Proprietor"
Louisa, Virginia, USA
“Rained Out”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

As a downpour came, our group was escorted to a table under cover where we barely escaped it. The food here is always good and the service as well.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Bob C
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go for the Ambience...”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Arriving at the little strip mall on a March Saturday night, we noticed the parking lot to be quite full, and it became obvious that everyone was dining at The Bistro, so that appeared to be a good sign. If you're looking for the host/hostess station when you walk in the front of the restaurant, you'll be confused, as it is in the back, but you'll have a lovely walk through the outdoor patio, replete with pool and small fountain, palm trees and mini-lights. It is quite charming and you will forget you are in a strip mall.

The place was packed with a well-heeled all-white septuagenarian crowd, bedecked in khakis, boat shoes, polo shirts and the occasional blazer. We were seated relatively quickly in the patio area.

The menu is rather high-priced, but I suspected that the kitchen was up to the task of delivering the goods, based on the fact that it seemed immensely popular.

Now I must preface my food review with the fact that I am a very adventurous eater, and enjoy all manner of cuisine and odd delicacies, but this night, owing to the fact I had been eating seafood with regularity, I decided to go the proletariat route. I ordered the hamburger. I figured for $16 it would be a tremendous hamburger, juicy, delicious and sizable. I was wrong.

After placing our simple order (my burger, my wife's crab cakes and caprese salad,) we waited. and waited. And waited.

I understood the fact that the kitchen must resemble a war zone on crowded nights like this, but still... a hamburger and an appetizer took 55 minutes to arrive. And the burger was a huge disappointment. Instead of a "cooked to temperature" request of rare-to-medium rare, it was past medium. But the worst part was the fact that it certainly looked, felt and tasted like a Sysco Foods frozen patty, served on a stiff bun with a side of tepid fries. I've had better burgers at Burger King. I figured I must have insulted the kitchen by ordering a burger when there are such wonderful things on the menu (lobster ravioli, grouper en paupilotte, etc.) but still, sometimes you just want a burger. This is not the place to have it.

On the plus side, my wife's crab cakes were small yet tasty. Yet still, not close to the best I've had (or made.)

When asked how everything was, I politely told our server what I thought of the burger as well as the wait time. She was appropriately apologetic, and after communicating with her senior officer, she offered free dessert as consolation. As it was already late, I opted to take a "mini bundt" chocolate cake back to the hotel with me. The waitress advised that it was usually served warm with ice cream, so I asked for just the cake. Later, having my late night snack of chocolate bundt cake, I realized why they serve it warm with ice cream. Again, it looked, felt and tasted like a pre-prepared frozen cake topped with the waxy chocolate fudge that comes from buckets. Warmed in the microwave and topped with melting ice cream, I'm sure this is a dessert that most people would be happy with. But it is only mediocre.

Now, I understand that this is a limited review based on one poorly executed dish, and I will say that the place is charming and a lovely place to dine. Just don't order the hamburger.

Cheers,

Mike

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Mike K
Juno Beach, Florida
“Irish need not apply”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Parked in front of the restaurant at 5:15. Three tables were occupied out of about seventy.
We were turned away by the host with the explanation they were booked solid and we did not
have reservations. Went next door to Buonasera Ristorante. Had a great meal with exceptional
service. Upon leaving we noticed that about ten tables of the seventy were occupied. Assume
there were a lot of no shows or a swarm of people came in, ate and got home in time for Wheel
of Fortune. Would like to thank the pretentious host for turning us on to the Buonasera. We have
eaten at the Bistro in the past with and without reservations. The food was good but not exceptional. I hope they remember to dust the cobwebs off the empty seats.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Jack H
bistro2133, Owner at Bistro, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Jack H
I am sorry to hear you were turned away at 5.15pm. Truthfully there is no excuse for that. We can always seat people at 5.15pm for dinner no matter how busy the rest of the night is with the possible exception of St Patricks Day. Please call me directly on your next visit or ask for me personally. I would like to apologize in person. It would be helpful if you could describe the host who turned you away so I can ensure this does not happen again. Once again mu sincere apologies. My direct line is 561-373-7723 Declan Hoctor "Proprietor"

Been to Bistro? Share your experiences!