“Pretty Darn Good!”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Rooney's the Gastropub features Organic, locally grown ingredients as much as possible. Please visit us daily for our specials which vary in accordance to what is in season. We support Local as much as possible.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

A very strange location but great food and service, excellent selection and very fresh! Well worth the visit.
Loved the authentic Irish feel and fit out, not the typical try at being Irish, it feels authentic inside.
Go for it!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Came here before the Cardinals / Braves preseason game. Would have been better off eating at the stadium for the money. Thought an Irish Pub would be a safe bet foodwise but I was wrong. I should have been suspicious when I saw the head chef's name of this Irish place is "Juan". If you are only drinking it has a decent pub feel. If you are hungry look elsewhere.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

After enjoying a Detroit Tigers vs St. Louis Cardinals spring training game at Roger Dean Stadium, we walked over to Rooney's for dinner. I think Rooney's needs a total make over from staff to decor. Maybe it is supposed to look like a stale Irish Pub but I have been to nicer, better appealing Irish pubs. The menu prices were higher than average and I wouldn't mind it as long as the portions were good, which they were not. The waitress was poorly organized and not well mannered. I hate being called 'Honey' when I don't know the person. We were a party of 14 and we all asked prior to ordering for separate check arrangements since we took up two tables. She said no problem and took our orders. Later, she brought one bill out and said, "Everyone should figure out what the had and pay accordingly." Some of our party left cash while others used a credit card. I think she tried to 'play' the last two couples left at the table (me) when she said she was short $9 on a the tab of $300. We know what was paid out by our friends and we questioned her. She was claiming our friends who had left earlier shorted her. When my buddy asked to speak to the manager, she quickly changed her tune and said, 'Oh, you don't have to do that. I will just cover the difference.' If she was truly shorted, she brought it on herself by lumping two tables with 14 meals into one tab. Personally, I think she was playing us.

I understand that Mr. Rooney owns a number of ventures both in Florida and Pittsburgh. I would the quality of service and food is better there because I was very disappointed this time. BTW...we have eaten here in other years. It was better then.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We went to Rooney's specifically to watch the Steelers game on 12/29. Since Jupiter is in Miami territory our game could only be viewed at a bar or similar location.

Service was intermittent, but we enjoyed the food, although the adult chicken strips were extremely spicy. Good prices on their specials. The 9-year old loved the children's chicken strips.

All TVs had the Steelers game, so we enjoyed cheering with like-minded fans!

1  Thank Buckeyegal1234
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We had a terrible food/service experience a few weeks ago but decided to go back since we have long been Rooney's believers between Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and Jupiter Florida. Food quality and service were good right up to several weeks ago.

Our latest experience included no topping on the usually wonderful potato soup. The food runner brought the soup and literally trotted away before we could ask him where the crumbled bacon and cheese topping was. We waited awhile, my wife took a telephone call and finished it and still we waited for someone to pass by. Eventually our entre came and I asked our server if they change the presentation of the soup and before she could answer, the food runner overheard our questions and stated, oh yeah, I forgot that". I responded with we would enjoy if he could bring it to the table. Regretfully he walked away and we didn't see him again until we left. As side notes, it was not busy and our server was a very pleasant young lady, but obviously undertrained and inexperienced.