Retro Works. But Forget the Breakfast.
Its web site says “the Jupiter Waterfront Inn recalls the best of Old Floridian inns,” and that’s a fair comment. It is clean, well maintained and time-warpy. It shares the retro structural bones of 1950s coastal motels. In back, the inn’s two stucco-sided floors wrap around three sides of the obligatory heated pool, leaving the fourth open for the obligatory views of some sea, in this case a semi-industrial stretch of the inter-coastal waterway. You wouldn’t swim there.
At night, the outside path to my first-floor room, No. 110, was dim and a bit dingy. But the room itself was spacious and fresh. King-bedded rooms more suitable for a lone traveler were all taken, so this was a double with two queen-size beds. It was quiet, attractively furnished and equipped, with a refrigerator, wide desk, ample sofa, 42-inch, flat screen TV, and Wi-Fi. At the far end it opened upon a patio far enough back from the pool to allow for some privacy. It was serene enough for reading and breakfast, which I brought from the lobby.
Parking can be difficult. On busy nights, like one when I returned at 11, the inn’s lot was full. I settled for a patch of the grass shoulder off the highway. The inn has no elevator or fitness center and except for the pool, nothing for kids. The lobby is inviting and sunny. Guests get breakfast there. But there’s little room to sit, and the breakfast itself, albeit free, was stingy.
With few special features, the inn is what it is, and was. Functionally, retro still works. I can imagine staying again for a night or two. But I’d pack a picnic breakfast and ask for a second-floor, king-bedded room and a balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beautiful Intracoastal Waterway with views across the water to Jupiter Island's nature conservancy, our newly renovated gem of an inn will embrace you with spacious rooms and gracious hospitality. We offer you the best of the Old Florida experience, offering visitors an array of natural pleasures - the beautiful blue sea, white sandy beaches, plentiful fishing and diving grounds, majestic bird and animal life, fun boating and idyllic sunny days spent beachcombing, relaxing and enjoying friends and family! Add to this all the excitement of the nearby Jupiter and Palm Beach attractions - world class golf courses, spring training baseball, motorsports, fishing tournaments, art festivals, a wide range of nightlife, elegant shopping for everything under the sun, and a dazzling selection of restaurants to satisfy your culinary cravings! It’s why the Palm Beaches are known for “The Best of Everything."The beautiful ambiance uniquely found at the Jupiter Waterfront Inn is thoughtfully combined with modern hotel accommodations and technological features to meet all your vacation needs. You'll enjoy the comfort found in our 38 water view suites, 10 with Jacuzzis, all with 42" flat screen tvs, wireless internet and refrigerator. You'll feel yourself relax completely on our sundeck with large, heated pool and spa overlooking a spectacular view of the Intracoastal and our 240-foot fishing pier. Our peaceful and friendly setting provide you the perfect base to enjoy the best of our area! Intimate enough to feel warm and inviting, spacious enough to offer a sense of privacy and loaded with features you don't find in many inns this size, our best feature is the fabulous view you enjoy from the comfort of your room! From the brilliance of the morning's dawn, to the interest provided by boats and birds gliding by, to the rich colors and sheer beauty of the evening sky, this ever-changing panorama is yours.All of our accommodations provide for your conveniences and comforts. Enjoy a full day exploring the area or soaking up the sun on the beach, then settle into one of our spacious guest rooms for the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Jupiter Waterfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jupiter Waterfront Hotel Jupiter
- Jupiter Waterfront Inn Florida