“The hotel staff isnt trained properly. A staff lied about policy and I lost my $ and hotel stay”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Jupiter
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel staff isnt trained properly. A staff lied about policy and I lost my $ and hotel stay.
This hotel is family owned based and isn't professional. This can happen to you and to dont stay here or you can lose your money get a crappy room and experience laziness of staff.

Here was my experience that pissed me off and would piss any one off especially if you are visiting florida..................

So I was flying to florida to stay at this hotel Comfort Inn & Suites Jupiter
6752 West Indiantown Road, Jupiter, FL 33477 in march 2014. My flight got cancelled due to bad weather. I didnt book my hotel through the actual hotel but a 3rd party website (hotwire.) In my past Ive booked many hotels and if I CANT make it to my hotel Im usually (most of the time) granted a credit or part of my deposit by speaking to the hotel manager or the 3rd party company and Im always helped especially being a loyal customer something Is always worked out in my favor as i travel alot and provide alot of business for hotels.

So ive stayed at this hotel 2x in both experiences the staff was slow, my room key wouldnt work i would have to travel from my room back to front desk with all my luggage alone and im a girl so this is a major inconvenience especially after traveling all day, and when I complained about a/c not working and the fridge in my room making noise and dripping water or condensation making carpet wet around it is so low maintenance and non observant. But the worst of the 3 incidences why i would never stay here again is bcuz of my march 2014 booking when I had my hotel booked through hotwire my flight cancelled to come to fl due to bad weather and when i called the hotel for a credit the employee i spoke to said sure when would i like the credit to be used for i choose a date a mth later - one thing i didnt get to do was write down the person i spoke to name for proof as this was not their policy and the staff i spoke to who told me this lied and there was no proof and they made me lose my money $200 + when i couldve spoke to hotwire my bank to help me out and when i spoke to the manager of the hotel they tried to tell me their staff is trained and they didnt tell me any such thing and they dont record conversations so theres no proof and nothing they could do when if they didnt lie to me I couldve got help else where at the time. The gm carl is rude and uncaring about his customers the manager i bet is the one i spoke to and tried to act like he didnt say anything and even if they couldnt provide me with a credit or money back they need to train their customers better - family owned place and very unprofessional - slow, dirty place, and uncaring for their customers. you guys deserve to be shut down and not be running a hotel until you are trained to be.

ps: lastly because the last time i stayed at this hotel and complained they gave me the dirtiest room and it even had a roach in room and if you dont bring shoes to walk around in room your feet can be black from dirt or whatever scum is on the floor. please read reviews if you can before doing anything because if i did more it would so help me out to avoid issues like what this hotel caused and cost me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank sara g
comfortinnjupiter, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Jupiter, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Guest never stayed at hotel ! pictures taken at hotel are not even this hotel we do not even have that color carpet in our hotel. Hotel will peruse legal action!

Comfort Inn Jupiter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were quite pleased with the quality of our stay at this property. Staff were very friendly at check-in, and the room was great. We had a problem with our HVAC which was taken care of promptly. Breakfast was very good, too - and the location is convenient to Jupiter events and activities. Wi-fi was nice and fast, too. Prices seemed steep even for high season.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
comfortinnjupiter, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Jupiter, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
David,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a great review! We really appreciate your business and we here at Comfort Inn & Suites Jupiter would like to thank your for choosing our hotel to stay at during your time here in Jupiter. We strive for perfection and great customer service and we are glad to have met your needs and a memorable stay!. We can not wait to have you back with us again!

-Comfort Inn Jupiter
Union
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here the 21st of March. Checking in the clerk was friendly & polite, bed comfortable. That's the only good things I can say. The walls were paper thin. The shower didn't work correctly. The shower drain was clogged. The room was VERY sparsely decorated. Didn't get any sleep because it was so noisy. Didn't try the breakfast. We just wanted out of there. Handed the key cards to the clerk in the morning, they didn't even look up or ask how our stay was...probably didn't want to know.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Diana D
comfortinnjupiter, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Jupiter, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Diana,

Thank you for your feed back. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and I can assure you that your feed back is very important to us. We are rated the # 3 hotel in Jupiter and we take our customer feed back very seriously. Thank you for staying with us during your stay in Jupiter.

-Comfort Inn Jupiter
Westfield, Indiana
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel has a great location (with several restaurants within walking distance). There's no manager's reception (i.e. free alcohol), no balconies, no hot tub. The fitness center was a joke with 3 machines. I was walked in on twice by housekeeping even with my Do Not Disturb sign up. Other than all that, it really was a fine stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
comfortinnjupiter, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Jupiter, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I too wish we were able to serve alcohol but it is not allowed in our brand standards. We hope to see you again soon!

Valrico, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

The room we were in was freshly painted. So there was a paint odor. The windows were filthy, but there was construction going on next door. Also this is a pet friendly hotel and if you have pet allergies they don't have rooms where the pets have not stayed.

It was a one night stay, but I left with swollen eyes and totally congested.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

We only use Johnson and Johnson chemicals such as Mr. Clean, Tide, Spic and Span, and Fabreeze. We chose these chemicals as they are hypoallergenic, we pay more but feel its worth it. I only allow pets in three rooms on the first floor by the exit door, so the majority of our hotel is pet free.

Rolla, Missouri
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband & I stayed here for 5 days & went to the Cardinals Spring training games. We both really enjoyed our stay! This hotel is very clean & comfortable. The staff is so friendly & helpful, which was a big help because we had never been to Jupiter before. The bedding & pillows are very clean & comfy & they have a very nice breakfast buffet. There are a number of restaurants close by. Our favorite was Duffy's, which is just across the street. We look forward to visiting again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable!
1 Thank GarynLil

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed here on the way to a cruise out of Miami and on the way back. We had baseball tickets for the return trip. This hotel is about an hour from the Port of Miami and you do not have to pay the Miami prices. We found it a good place to stay. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was a full hot breakfast. The pool is outside but we did not use it. The only problem we had was on the return trip. We got to the hotel about 1:00 PM and were told our room was not ready. They said it would be about 20 or 30 minutes, we finally got a room about 3:00 PM. I realize we got there early but why tell us 20/30 minutes and make us wait 2 hours? If they had told us 3:00 PM all would have been OK. After a week on a cruise we really did not want to do too much on the return.

561-745-7997
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jupiter
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
#8 of 10 in Jupiter
Best Western Intracoastal Inn
Courtyard Palm Beach Jupiter
Hampton Inn Jupiter/Juno Beach

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Jupiter? Share your experiences!