“Tom Yum - Yummy!”

Good for: Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Groups, Child-friendly
Palmerton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Tom Yum - Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Some of the best Tom Yum soup I have every had. The shrimp pad thai was excellent. Was staying at a hotel nearby and did takeout. We love to have a sit down meal in the future.

Visited August 2014

“The best Thai food I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I couldn't find this kind of Thai Restaurant around here. The food was fabulous, the service was very good and I definitely recommend this place!!

• Visited August 2014
Arkansas
“Very good Thai food for the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Thai food is one of our favorites, and this place does not disappoint. It is better than average, but not perfect. Service was marginal, maybe even a bit angry, but we ascribed that to being late in the day. Pad Thai was good, not great. Noticeably over cooked and a bit bland, but still better than most. Massaman curry was very good, but the rest of our dinners just average. I am giving it 4 stars simply because we have not found anything better within 30 mins.

• Visited July 2014
Jupiter, Florida
“Sad Customers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Went there twice. The food is very good and after our first dinner we spoke to the owner and commented how happy we were with the food. Although the waitress who waited on us the first visit wasn't very friendly we overlooked that matter. Yesterday, we returned for lunch. The owner was not present. We had the same waitress. The kitchen closes at 2:30. We arrived at 2:00. We placed our order and told the waitress we weren't in a hurry and she reminded us that the kitchen closes at 2:30 and looked at her watch. The website says 3:00. Really!!!. Our food came out and it was very good. My wife asked for some extra peanuts for her Pad Thai and the waitress made a disgusted face. We asked for a cloth napkin and she told us the napkins were for dinner. Are you kidding me??? There were two other female customers who happened to be of Asian decent and our waitress seemed very happy to treat them much different than she treated us. She made us feel like she was doing us a favor to wait on us. If you don't like being a waitress get another job. It's all about customer satisfaction and return customers. Maybe if our eyes were slanted we would have been treated differently. If she doesn't like Americans she should leave and go back to wherever she comes from. Although the food was very good, we will never go back. I usually leave 20% gratuity but I only left 10% and was sorry I left that. She didn't deserve a nickel. Koon Manee in Jupiter on Alt A1A got better reviews so we will try that when we want Thai food again. It's very sad.

Visited July 2014
6 Thank NativeNewYorker1951
West Palm Beach, Florida
“great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

The food was fabulous as usual. The staff very pleasant, service impeccable, and a nice atmosphere! What more can I ask for ?

Visited May 2014

Been to Sala Thai? Share your experiences!