I looked at two rooms and spent one night at this hotel.
The front desk staff was very good. I'm an elite member so could get a free upgrade room, I received the room key and went to check the room out before bringing in my luggage. Glad I did. The 2 room king room - well was odd. and there was some maintenance issues (AC unit didn't seem to be working) When you walked into the room a sitting area with a desk was to the left, and it was very dark. Then there was a narrow hall and then the room opened up again with the bed & TV and window. The hall is created due to the bathroom being in the middle, the vanity is in the "hall" area. And the entrance to the bathroom is by the bed.
So since the AC wasn't working I reported the problem to the front desk and checked into room 100 instead on the first floor. AC was working great in this room, has a microwave and fridge with small freezer compartment and coffee maker, hair dryer. I noticed that this room had most of the same furniture as the 2nd floor suite but this room was well worn. This room did have new carpet. The bed is on the firm side, but plenty of pillows.
This room also had a strange layout. when you entered there was a good 15 feet of "hall" with the sink in that narrow area. The entrance to the bathroom was by the bed. There was not much floorspace left. There is a small closet. A large desk. I like that the lamp by the bed has an outlet so you can plug in your phone easily.
FYI on the fridge - when I first entered the room I checked the freezer compartment and it was working. later when I was unpacking and putting things in the fridge I was concerned as it was now dripping and there was no dial to make it colder. But in the AM everything was frozen fine - it just must have been on a brief defrost cycle.
I did notice some maintenence issues, and housekeeping issues, some of which were almost amusing - how can a hotel bathroom not have a toilet paper holder? But a final straw was a cold shower the next morning. There was hot water in the sink but not in the tub. I reported the issues that AM when I checked out. The front desk staff was concerned and would have refunded my bill but I had used free points for the stay. He gave me the GM's card and encouraged me to contact him.
A week later I did finally write an email, not expecting much but outlining the problems I had with the room. Much to my suprise the GM called me personally to talk about the situation and to let me know the steps he had taken to fix it. I was very impressed with his honesty and with the steps he took to make it right for me. Well done!!!
So I will have to take him up on the offer to come back for a stay sometime.
The breakfast was good. The hotel has lots of parking. Its non smoking hotel so the smokers do sit out front by the entrance. It is dog friendly and has bags and trash cans located in the parking lot. There is not a lot of grass by the hotel but if you go out front there is an area near the bridge which is great.
The hotel is right behind a shopping area with an italian place and a wine bar. So you can walk to dinner if you want. If the hotel was just a few stories taller the upper rooms would be able to see the intercoastal waterway. Only a mile or so from the Jupiter light house, close to the beach and dog beach.
So I will go back and give it another try sometime. If you have problems do let them know since they will try to fix it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure you will enjoy the central location of the La Quinta Inn Jupiter. The property is conveniently situated only 20 miles from Palm Beach International Airport and minutes from the beautiful Atlantic Ocean Beachfront. We are conveniently located near many of Palm Beach Counties extraordinary attractions. Roger Dean Stadium, Juno Beach Pier, Jonathon Dickenson State Park, Historic Jupiter Lighthouse and public beaches are all easily accessible from this hotel. It's not hard to tee up a great game of golf at one of several area courses. Shopping and many dining options are also available nearby. For our business or education travelers, FAU, the Scripps Research Institute, FPL or any of the Jupiter Tequesta companies are nearby. Escape from the ordinary and make La Quinta Inn your hotel of choice when visiting Jupiter Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your La Quinta Inn Jupiter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Jupiter
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Jupiter Hotel Jupiter
- La Quinta Hotel Jupiter
- La Quinta Jupiter
- Jupiter La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn Jupiter Florida