“Odd room layout - Great response by GM to complaint”

La Quinta Inn Jupiter
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Jupiter
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I looked at two rooms and spent one night at this hotel.

The front desk staff was very good. I'm an elite member so could get a free upgrade room, I received the room key and went to check the room out before bringing in my luggage. Glad I did. The 2 room king room - well was odd. and there was some maintenance issues (AC unit didn't seem to be working) When you walked into the room a sitting area with a desk was to the left, and it was very dark. Then there was a narrow hall and then the room opened up again with the bed & TV and window. The hall is created due to the bathroom being in the middle, the vanity is in the "hall" area. And the entrance to the bathroom is by the bed.

So since the AC wasn't working I reported the problem to the front desk and checked into room 100 instead on the first floor. AC was working great in this room, has a microwave and fridge with small freezer compartment and coffee maker, hair dryer. I noticed that this room had most of the same furniture as the 2nd floor suite but this room was well worn. This room did have new carpet. The bed is on the firm side, but plenty of pillows.

This room also had a strange layout. when you entered there was a good 15 feet of "hall" with the sink in that narrow area. The entrance to the bathroom was by the bed. There was not much floorspace left. There is a small closet. A large desk. I like that the lamp by the bed has an outlet so you can plug in your phone easily.

FYI on the fridge - when I first entered the room I checked the freezer compartment and it was working. later when I was unpacking and putting things in the fridge I was concerned as it was now dripping and there was no dial to make it colder. But in the AM everything was frozen fine - it just must have been on a brief defrost cycle.

I did notice some maintenence issues, and housekeeping issues, some of which were almost amusing - how can a hotel bathroom not have a toilet paper holder? But a final straw was a cold shower the next morning. There was hot water in the sink but not in the tub. I reported the issues that AM when I checked out. The front desk staff was concerned and would have refunded my bill but I had used free points for the stay. He gave me the GM's card and encouraged me to contact him.

A week later I did finally write an email, not expecting much but outlining the problems I had with the room. Much to my suprise the GM called me personally to talk about the situation and to let me know the steps he had taken to fix it. I was very impressed with his honesty and with the steps he took to make it right for me. Well done!!!

So I will have to take him up on the offer to come back for a stay sometime.

The breakfast was good. The hotel has lots of parking. Its non smoking hotel so the smokers do sit out front by the entrance. It is dog friendly and has bags and trash cans located in the parking lot. There is not a lot of grass by the hotel but if you go out front there is an area near the bridge which is great.

The hotel is right behind a shopping area with an italian place and a wine bar. So you can walk to dinner if you want. If the hotel was just a few stories taller the upper rooms would be able to see the intercoastal waterway. Only a mile or so from the Jupiter light house, close to the beach and dog beach.

So I will go back and give it another try sometime. If you have problems do let them know since they will try to fix it.

Room Tip: Room 100 was by the back door so easy in/out with dogs. It was next to the laundry room but I never...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Flatcoatfun

Reviewed 11 July 2013

This hotel is close to everything. The dog beach is just 5 minutes away. The free breakfast was good too - especially the make your own waffles. The staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be the room air conditioner was too close to the bed and too loud. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel has great access to the beaches as well as local shopping. Very reasonable for the location. The only problem I had was my phone in my room didn't work. The front desk had placed a maintenance request to replace it, however, no one came. The next evening, I told the front desk again, and the clerk told me to go back to my room and bring the phone down. Then, she gave me another phone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I travel to Florida teice a year and choose to stay here everytime we come in the summer! The rooms are very clean, the staff is very nice and helping, the breakfast is delicous, the location is great, and its a really good price. I am very happy with this hotel and have seen progress throughout the years. I will continue to come with my family here for a long time to come. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank caseywilson445
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Usually I enjoy my stays at the La Quinta, but I was disappointed with management response and handling of a situation. I checked in on Thursday, enticed by the pictures of the beautiful pool and the pet friendliness. All I wanted was to lie by the pool in record high temperatures and relax for a couple days while my house is being tented. After checking in and moving everything to my room, I learned from another customer that the pool would be out of order for 48 hours. No one bothered to tell me this at the time I checked in, or when I made my reservation. I was offered a ten percent discount for this "inconvenience, which felt a bit patronizing given that I did not get what was advertised and what I had in mind at the time I booked the room. When I went down to the front desk on Saturday morning to speak to management about the possibility of giving me an extra day (or even a substantial discount on an extra day) so that I could enjoy the pool, she rudely dismissed my expression of disappointment about the pool being unusable during the stay and tried to tell me it was okay to use yesterday. If this was true, customers had no way of knowing. A sign posted at the elevator stating that the pool was out of order remained there all day. I usually don't write reviews, but felt compelled to voice my concerns. This hotel is far from fully booked. It wouldn't have taken much to make me happy, but ten percent feels like the standard Triple A discount, not the discount you give a customer whose stay was interrupted by a major hotel feature being unusable.

Room Tip: Check that the pool is working before you book your stay
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Spent my birthday in Jupiter and enjoyed the La Quinta Inn. The weather was beautiful, restaurants were excellent with fresh seafood and friendly servers. The best part was they kept my laptop locked up in the office after I had left it in the room. I picked it up a week later after they called me promptly. Kudos to the honest staff and the manager for keeping a great inn and caring about their customers. Thank you, I'll be back. Your grateful friend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaelalan
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Clean comfortable and very nice. Pool was like bath water, very warm :-) Stacey was a fantastic front desk person, always smiles and helpful as was all the front desk staff, i just didnt get all their names. Stayed here a week and will do it again when I'm back in town.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank me a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jupiter
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
#1 of 10 in Jupiter
Comfort Inn & Suites Jupiter
Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter
Best Western Intracoastal Inn
Hampton Inn Jupiter/Juno Beach
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gardens Hotel & Suites & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gar...
#7 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens

Been to La Quinta Inn Jupiter? Share your experiences!