From the moment I stepped into the lobby (which was having new carpet installed) the staff WAS VERY SNIDE AND NOT VERY HELPFUL. No one wanted to make a clear answer, but instead each question was answered after they went behind a door, and then seconds later had the answer. When checking in TWO different reservations were found in my name. The first was over a $100.00 more then the correct rate, YET, not until I PRODUCED proof of the much lower rate were they even interested in helping me, even though the confirmation numbers matched. Their reaction was similar to "that is what the computer is telling me, so we bow to the computer".
I handed over my charge card, they ran a key, and I went off to the room. Found a VERY LOUD humidifer running in the room. THE HEATER WAS ON FULL BLAST, and very real evidence that someone had used the bathroom and left a gift in the toilet. First time I have seen an obvious plunger in ANY hotel in the world next to the toilet.
I left the hotel and went off to my meetings. Upon entering my room, I found that the heater was ONCE AGAIN on FULL BLAST. I like it cold in my room, yes, my house is chilly also. I turned off the HEATER AGAIN, and after opening the window, and cranking up the cold AC, called downstairs to report the incident. They asked if anything had been taken and I said, nothing to take because I had not yet brought in my suitcase. NOTHING (no maint. person, no security person, etc) happened after that.
THEN I turned on the TV. ALL THE HIGH PITCHED TREBLE was coming out of ONE SPEAKER, the right speaker. Tried to adjust via the remote, MENU button was deactivated. Called back downstairs. Someone would check on the TV in the morning. He offered to move me to another room, but after looking at that other room, and yes, the heater was on, though not full blast, I decided my room was better and stayed put. Remote's batteries eventually died about 30 minutes later. Called downstairs for replacements and they said they were on the way, NEVER arrived.
I went down to the business center to print a couple of maps, and finding the same snooty green half-eye wearing front desk clerk who made a VERY LOUD point of mispronouncing my last name (AFTER BEING TOLD SEVERAL TIMES AT CHECK IN HOW IT IS PRONOUNCED!), explained that the printers used a special type of paper, and that they were currently out of it. I asked him if he would print something out on his office computer, he would but it would cost me $1.50 per impression. I asked him for some blank copy paper. He handed me a stack of maybe 12 sheets or so. I put them into the printer, and clicked the print button. he maps printed just fine.
Next morning, headed downstairs at 7am to grab some food, WAS NOT OUT YET! Had 5 minutes to spare, and had to leave at 7:05am HUNGRY!!!
When I returned to the room at 9pm, YES, NINE PM, not only was AC turned OFF, the TV was fully disconnected from the wall, and cable plug. Went in to the bathroom, and the special marker (quick spritz of my cologne) I leave on all towels that I place on the floor (to make sure they are being changed daily), and YES, I change my towels at my house daily STILL HAD MY SCENT ON THEM. The front desk was not at all happy when I called down for more sets of towels. After getting everything plugged in, the sound sucked even worse then the night before, now instead of full treble out of the right speaker, it was now full bass out of the left speaker. I called downstairs and after asking if the tv had been worked on and they were not sure, I told them what was going on. No remedy was offered.
Like many hotels, they reminded me that there was an alarm clock in the room when I requested a wake-up call. The in-room alarm clock did not go off when requested, the wake up call came through without a hitch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Jupiter offer 110 rooms including Free Wi-Fi, Continental hot breakfast, exercise room, heated outdoor pool & whirlpool, we are pet friendly, express check-out, complimentary onsite parking and personalized service from a trained staff to meet your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter Hotel Jupiter
- Fairfield Inn And Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter
- Fairfield Inn Jupiter
- Fairfield Jupiter
- Jupiter Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter Florida