“At least the Starbucks in front of the hotel has warm food.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Jupiter
Near Orlando, Fl.
“At least the Starbucks in front of the hotel has warm food.”
Reviewed 18 February 2009

From the moment I stepped into the lobby (which was having new carpet installed) the staff WAS VERY SNIDE AND NOT VERY HELPFUL. No one wanted to make a clear answer, but instead each question was answered after they went behind a door, and then seconds later had the answer. When checking in TWO different reservations were found in my name. The first was over a $100.00 more then the correct rate, YET, not until I PRODUCED proof of the much lower rate were they even interested in helping me, even though the confirmation numbers matched. Their reaction was similar to "that is what the computer is telling me, so we bow to the computer".

I handed over my charge card, they ran a key, and I went off to the room. Found a VERY LOUD humidifer running in the room. THE HEATER WAS ON FULL BLAST, and very real evidence that someone had used the bathroom and left a gift in the toilet. First time I have seen an obvious plunger in ANY hotel in the world next to the toilet.

I left the hotel and went off to my meetings. Upon entering my room, I found that the heater was ONCE AGAIN on FULL BLAST. I like it cold in my room, yes, my house is chilly also. I turned off the HEATER AGAIN, and after opening the window, and cranking up the cold AC, called downstairs to report the incident. They asked if anything had been taken and I said, nothing to take because I had not yet brought in my suitcase. NOTHING (no maint. person, no security person, etc) happened after that.

THEN I turned on the TV. ALL THE HIGH PITCHED TREBLE was coming out of ONE SPEAKER, the right speaker. Tried to adjust via the remote, MENU button was deactivated. Called back downstairs. Someone would check on the TV in the morning. He offered to move me to another room, but after looking at that other room, and yes, the heater was on, though not full blast, I decided my room was better and stayed put. Remote's batteries eventually died about 30 minutes later. Called downstairs for replacements and they said they were on the way, NEVER arrived.

I went down to the business center to print a couple of maps, and finding the same snooty green half-eye wearing front desk clerk who made a VERY LOUD point of mispronouncing my last name (AFTER BEING TOLD SEVERAL TIMES AT CHECK IN HOW IT IS PRONOUNCED!), explained that the printers used a special type of paper, and that they were currently out of it. I asked him if he would print something out on his office computer, he would but it would cost me $1.50 per impression. I asked him for some blank copy paper. He handed me a stack of maybe 12 sheets or so. I put them into the printer, and clicked the print button. he maps printed just fine.

Next morning, headed downstairs at 7am to grab some food, WAS NOT OUT YET! Had 5 minutes to spare, and had to leave at 7:05am HUNGRY!!!

When I returned to the room at 9pm, YES, NINE PM, not only was AC turned OFF, the TV was fully disconnected from the wall, and cable plug. Went in to the bathroom, and the special marker (quick spritz of my cologne) I leave on all towels that I place on the floor (to make sure they are being changed daily), and YES, I change my towels at my house daily STILL HAD MY SCENT ON THEM. The front desk was not at all happy when I called down for more sets of towels. After getting everything plugged in, the sound sucked even worse then the night before, now instead of full treble out of the right speaker, it was now full bass out of the left speaker. I called downstairs and after asking if the tv had been worked on and they were not sure, I told them what was going on. No remedy was offered.

Like many hotels, they reminded me that there was an alarm clock in the room when I requested a wake-up call. The in-room alarm clock did not go off when requested, the wake up call came through without a hitch.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank Mark L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 11 December 2008

Well I'm usually partial to Marriott because I seldom have a bad experience with them. The Jupiter Fairfield Inn was clean and the staff was friendly. For example, the airline lost a bag from the flight and the front desk staff called us once to say it was on the way and again when it arrived. There is free wireless and a computer in the lobby (printing). When we stayed there, there was construction in progress so it was a little noisy in the daytime but most of it was complete and at least the place is all renovated with new materials. We didn't use the small pool & hottub but that appeard pretty clean too. It's true, there IS a noisy dehumidifier in the room (never seen that before) but it's a new electronic model and I'm sure it's useful in the summertime with the FL climate. You can always turn it off. The room decor was a bit sparse but, again, better than gaudy and dirty like some hotels. Had no problems parking near the front enterence. There is a burger king/KFC right next door and a small shopping ctr with an Applebees and Windixie across the street. I'd say this was a good place to stay if you have a car and don't care to drive a bit to the beach areas.

• Liked — Clean and helpful/friendly staff.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank ecsurfer
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 28 May 2008

Great stay. Clean rooms. Walking distance to shops and restauarants. Very friendly staff! The Executive Suites were comfortable and spacious with a mini refrigerator and microwave.

• Liked — Executive Suites
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank princessdebbie
Louisiana
Reviewed 28 July 2007

AC and in room dehumitifer were very loud. Maid service was slow and not great. Just did not enjoy the stay.

• Liked — Used points, so we did not have to pay
  • Disliked — Waisted our points
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Pelagus
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 June 2007

We encountered a lot of what others listed did...

- Minor League b-ball team (although they gave us no issues)
- no smoking (good for us)
- minimal extras (of course, as stated by others, no significant extras were expected)
- small (but clean) rooms
- ok beds, ok room, ok location
- generally helpful staff

Pretty much what we expected. We have since found better accommodations in town for subsequent stays, but this one served its purpose.

• Stayed June 2005, travelled with family
Texas
Reviewed 24 May 2007

We booked a week at this hotel last June because of location and close proximity to relatives that we were visiting. The hotel is in need of renovation. The lobby and breakfast area are dingy and dark.
The larger issue was that the hotel was primarily occupied by a baseball team (farm team for a major league) of young men that appeared to be 18-25 in age. The receptionist told us that the team rents out a good portion of the hotel every year at that time for tournaments. These young men took over the entire hotel. My daughters could not even walk through the lobby, go to the pool, have breakfast without these guys hooting, whistling, and leering at them. After the second night we moved to another hotel in the Marriott chain.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — The dingy lobby/breakfast area and the baseball team that took over the hotel
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
2 Thank fltexan5
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2007

The hotel is very nice, just 2 minutes walk to the beach were you can fine some nice restaurants.
It is very clean and breakfast it's included: the food selection is very good.
The gym is small but it is OK. The pool has a beautiful view and the rooms are very nice. The employees are very nice and friendly.
It was a good experience.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gourmetaddiction
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jupiter
Jupiter Waterfront Inn
La Quinta Inn Jupiter
La Quinta Inn Jupiter
#8 of 10 in Jupiter
Hampton Inn Jupiter/Juno Beach

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites West Palm Beach Jupiter? Share your experiences!