Villas of Amelia Island Plantation
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
Summer Beach Resort(Amelia Island)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Surf Beach Motel(Fernandina Beach)
Beachside Motel(Fernandina Beach)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Amelia Island(Fernandina Beach)
1,243 results
All reviewsomni resortsunrise cafeturtle dunesfernandina beachmain hotelbedroom villabeautiful resortnature centerocean viewmain pooltennis courtsfamily vacationshuttle servicebeach accessspring breakfull kitchenamenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014

the amenities and the activities of the Omni Plantation are perfect for a family getaway of all ages. We have come here for 5 years in a row. Our family never seems to get tired of the place. We love it!!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Be aware that the website is misleading as far as the information omitted on golf course view "villas". These are basically 4 stories standard condos with a tiny balcony. Ours specifically had no view except of thick trees. They may in some condos provide a view but they are not on the course itself.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I paid Ritz Carlton prices for a Motel 6 experience. In mid April I took my wife for 2 nights to the Villas of Amelia Island Plantation to celebrate her successful recovery from breast cancer surgery and radiation. I was willing to pay up. Two nights came in just under $600 (including taxes and resort fees). We were told the best room they could give us was not at the Omni Hotel itself but something called the Tennis Villa. It turned out that the "Villa" was about a mile away along side the main road that traverses Amelia Island from north to south. We had privileges at the main hotel swimming pool but that meant getting in the car and driving forever at 15 mph to the parking lot a quarter mile from the pool. Guess what if you needed to go back to your "villa" for some personal care necessities. Right! You might need a change of clothes by the time you get there. Let's give you a heads up about the "Villa". Our first night there we discovered that housekeeping does not provide toilet paper. We had to make creative use of the newspaper we brought with us. No help from the front desk at 4:00 am. The room was mildewy and had thread bare carpet. The TV was at least 25 years old and needed two remotes to operate,...one to turn it on and one to change channels. And channels were limited with nothing but the basics. No HBO or other premium channels. The balcony (we had a second floor room) was covered in leaves. I bet it had not been cleaned since the fall. There is a small pool but the only towels were the two that they gave you to shower with. But you don't want to use the pool anyway unless you like ear infections or something worse. The bottom of the pool was covered in leaves and debris which means it hadn't been cleaned in a long time which suggets that chemical balancing did not happen. I would not take the chance and with my wife's immune system depressed that was a no brainer.
We got there around 5:30 in the afternoon and it was dark by the time we settled into the room. The front desk seemed friendly but there was nothing they were willing to do to upgrade our experience. Maybe they are not empowered and instead just told to be agreeable but do nothing. That's when we learned that if we did not check out by 11:00 am on checkout day we would be charged another $75 late check out fee. So we stayed about 42 hours from check-in to check out at a "Villa" that was three stories tall and must have had more than 40 rooms but we never saw more than 5 cars in the parking lot. Sweet!

In summary, be informed. I did book my room through Hotwire which promises 4 Star luxary at 2 Star prices. Don't trust Hotwire either. I wish I had booked the Ritz Carlton Amelia. I would have had the quality I expected and the courtesy of a late check out without penalty. I've stayed on Amelia Island before but I will never use the Omni resorts again. I overpaid and they way, way, way underdelivered.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a good room,...but avoid the tennis villa at all costs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bridgeguy
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel was gorgeous, but we almost didn't find a room. We made every effort to find a room, and Getaroom.com was the only third party that could find one for us. The resort was great, a few bumps along the road ---bell hop put our luggage in the wrong room (although the bell hop was so kind it did not matter as much), guest services was not the least bit helpful regarding attempts to find the bags, and the front desk had trouble with room arrangements and communicating previous commitments made to us to other staff members. Aside from these minor frustrating events, the resort was beautiful, the staff was friendly, and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have 2 young kids and felt this resort was perfect for us. The villa provided a larger 2 BR, 2 BA living space with kitchen so we could have some meals in our place if we wanted. The resort was beautiful and had plenty to keep us busy. The food and drinks at the resort can be expensive but all very good! The pools and beach access were very convenient and well kept. We highly suggest renting the golf cart for your stay. It helped us transport the kids around the resort and also provided some fun for them! Overall our vacation was awesome. We will definitely go back!