“Extremely Expense For Mediocre Treatments”

Spa at Amelia Island Plantation
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spa and Salon at Amelia Island Plantation is dedicated to our guests and our environment. We are committed to "Clean and Green" organic and fair trade products. We work with local vendors whenever possible to protect the revenue for our community and region. Most of our products are from "family-owned" businesses who take pride in their formulas as well as their dedication to protecting the environment. In addition, we select our products carefully to ensure that each one is free from harmful chemicals, artificial ingredients and preservatives. Our spa is pleased to offer a relaxation area and garden, perfect for before and after your treatments. Enjoy our vast array of herbal teas and organic citrus water, then relax and revive with our men's and women's spa treatments, including couple massages, facials, steam showers, signature Seaside Sensory Journey and Plantation Blossom Rituals. Our full-service salon offers haircuts, hairstyling, makeup application, bridal party appointments, manicures, pedicures, and child and teen services. Yoga classes are available through our spa, hosted in the "spa tree house."
Baltimore, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Extremely Expense For Mediocre Treatments”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My daughter and I both had massages in the afternoon and the feeling of relaxation did not last long. The person who gave me a reflexology massage did not know what he was doing, no firm pressure on the feet. The staff are not quiet in the resting room they talk at normal levels which ruins any post-massage atmosphere.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank teabird45

Memphis, Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Manicure overpriced”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The spa had a very relaxing atmosphere. I only had a manicure, which was very overpriced compared to prices of other services. The manicure was good. Checking out took over 15 minutes because of the person in front of me.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank CarolMemphis4
Manchester, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“a little bit of heaven...”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Plan ahead and book a spa experience. Well worth the price for such pampering. You deserve it!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank bevboyd
houston
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“perfect”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

everything was so nice such a treat liked the products used and the method (i had a facial) would highly reccommend

Visited March 2012
Connecticut, USA
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“A nice oasis by the ocean”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

When we have relatives visiting, we generally treat them to the Spa at the Amelia Island Plantation. I've been to many upscale spas and facility-wise, this certainly rates up there with the best of them. Beautiful decoration and it's built around a tropical courtyard so the views while you're waiting for your aesthetician or masseuse/masseur are Zen-like and beautiful.

The attendants are all lovely and very solicitous of your needs. The only complaint with the place are the aestheticians themselves.

I realize that this is the South and it's Southern hospitality and all but I've learned the hard way not to ask ANYTHING about the person giving me the massage or facial. I have been "treated" to a litany of personal woes -- the masseuse's pending divorce, the son in prison, the sister dying of some rare tropical disease, the late-night car wreck, but wait, there's more....! while trying to relax with a massage.

My advice is breathe deeply, smile a Buddha-like smile, and under no circumstances, ask anyone how they are.

Visited December 2011