“Amazing”
Review of Kayak Amelia

Kayak Amelia
Ranked #4 of 53 Tours in Amelia Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the natural side of the Amelia Island / Jacksonville area with guided ecotours on kayaks, Segways and paddle boards. Or create your own adventure and rental kayaks from our location in Talbot Island State Park.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I took my daughter and granddaughter on the sunset meditation paddle. Let me just say ahhhhh! It was amazing the best ever. The sunset looked like a painting placed there just for us. Peaceful,relaxing and soothing to my soul.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Mother's Day Kayak Adventure”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have lived on Amelia Island for 11 years and finally took the time to enjoy a Kayak rental with our 2 daughters for a Mother's Day treat, and we had a fantastic time. Paddled north on Simpson Creek, had a picnic lunch on the sandbar and explored and paddled back to the docks. What a beautiful area and Kayak Amelia staff were friendly, helpful and made the entire experience perfect. We would do it again in a heartbeat!

Fernandina Beach, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic Kayak Tour! Warning--It's Addictive.”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My wife got me a kayak tour from Amelia Kayak for my birthday, because she knew that it was something I had spoken often about.
I am hooked! It was an amazing experience, and the guide, Mike H, was a pleasure to be around. He is a trained and certified naturalist, has been doing this for years, and had a story to tell around every bend of the water, regarding history, nature, and any random stuff that came to mind.
This is something a person can do alone or with friends and family. It's a good physical outing, but won't wear you down to exhaustion. The folks you meet are terrific, and, if you are like me, are now in the market to own a kayak!
Plus..and I cannot stress this enough...you get to eat Ray's cookies.
This is a good thing, I promise.

Jody H, Owner at Kayak Amelia, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
I'm so glad you had a good time on the kayak tour. There is another company that just opened with the name Amelia Kayak we are Kayak Amelia but I know you were with us because you mentioned Ray's cookies. I will let him know you enjoyed his baking. Hope to see you again.
Orange Park, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Segway Eco-Tour - Uniquely Fun Experience”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My family of four, recently took the Segway Eco-Tour to Kingsley Plantation. What a fantastic time! If you can stand, you can operate the off-road Segway. Donna and Nick were our terrific guides and shared leading our group of 6 along the trail to, and then back from Kingsley Plantation. During the tour, you will be provided an ear piece to hear the tour guides discuss flora and fauna along the way. Prior to heading out, safety and operation skills are tested for good measure. No crash 'em up derby, no rubbin' is racing, just a lovely meander of follow the leader down the trail. If you're lucky, and can prove your Segway driving skills, on the return trip from Kingsley Plantation, your governor will be adjusted allowing you to zoom along a bit faster. At the end of the tour, you are given about 10 minutes to zip around an open field testing the limits of the Segway which was quite peppy and can turn on a dime in place! My 14 and 20yr old sons LOVED this family outing! Would absolutely consider doing again when family or friends visit from out-of-town.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank JeanAlan
Forest, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Segway WOW”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Having stumbled across this attraction while perusing the Amelia Island website under tours, I can honestly say that it was one of the most fun things that we have done in a long time. Our guide, Nick, was so knowledgeable and informative that it was impossible not to learn something along the way. The segways truly are easy to learn and maneuver and the sites along the trail are beautiful.

Visited April 2014