“Amazing Experience!”
Review of Kayak Amelia

Kayak Amelia
Ranked #4 of 57 Tours in Amelia Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the natural side of the Amelia Island / Jacksonville area with guided ecotours on kayaks, Segways and paddle boards. Or create your own adventure and rental kayaks from our location in Talbot Island State Park.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Definitely one of the most beautiful experiences I've ever had. I've been kayaking before in Mexico, but definitely not with such a great guide and in such a beautiful place. We went to Loftons Creek due to the weather, but I really enjoyed the trip! 100% recomendable!

2  Thank Maria Eugenia F

Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was a beautiful day here in Jax so we decided to pack up some snacks and head out for a kayaking adventure. This family of four had never been kayaking before so we didn't know what to expect, we had a blast! We were greeted in the office with a smile and given clear directions on where to go and what to do/not do. Once we were in the water it was really easy to learn and just a relaxing way to spend time with the kids, who are normally connected to their electronics. We paddled out a little over 3 miles to the sandbars to explore, stretch our legs, and have a snack. Throughout the trip we saw plenty of jumping fish and jellyfish. On the way back we spotted a shark and a small alligator, very exciting! They went about their business and quickly disappeared. Can't wait to do it again!

Our tips -
*pack the sunscreen & bug repellent
*bring plenty of drinking water & pack a lunch or snacks
*go early when the weather is cooler
*bring a camera
*wear a swimsuit so you can enjoy some time in the water by the sandbars
*even in the kayak things can get wet so plan for that
*hats are a plus
*they have a hose to wash off with so bring a towel and change of shoes/clothes if needed
*relax and have fun!

4  Thank Shawna G
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Kayak Amelia is located on Little Talbot Island, an undeveloped barrier island just south of Amelia Island and north of Jacksonville. We live on Amelia Island, a 10 minute drive away, and I have worked in tourism for over 20 years. When asked where I take my family, Kayak Amelia is always at the top of my list. We make a point to kayak as part of every "Staycation". We pack a lunch and kayak through serene saltwater marshes, coastal sand dunes and maritime forests. Sooo relaxing! Our final destination is the beach, an almost always nearly deserted five mile stretch of white sand...spectacular! A true Florida wildlife experience. This is a family owned business, and the owners are wonderful people, dedicated and generous members of our community, the salt of the earth-no pun intended! Don't miss out on a most memorable experience and one that represents in spades the beauty of this part of the country. (...oh, and don't forget your camera.)

2  Thank 3irishvikings
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had a blast coasting along the inlet on my guided tour. The guide is very knowledgeable and was patient with patrons allowing us to slow down and admire the beauty of our surroundings (and take tons of pictures). The beach break was extraordinary as we were lucky to see, touch and hold a number of different animals native to the area. I would definitely recommend this adventure to others.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I took my daughter and granddaughter on the sunset meditation paddle. Let me just say ahhhhh! It was amazing the best ever. The sunset looked like a painting placed there just for us. Peaceful,relaxing and soothing to my soul.