“Excellent Food, Fabulous Service ...Best Filet Mignon I ever ate!”
Review of Verandah

Verandah
Reserve with OpenTable
Verandah is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 162 Restaurants in Amelia Island
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Overlooking the tranquil Racquet Park tennis facility, diners view the natural canopy of live oak trees from their table at the Verandah restaurant, specializing in southern inspired fare and fresh traditional seafood. Bringing the bounty of the local Atlantic Ocean and neighboring farmers directly to plates of members and guests, the Verandah features an array of the areas freshest seafood in an inviting, family-friendly setting. Take a seat in the bar for the perfect place to end your day or begin your evening with a selection from our approachable list of wines. Gather at the Verandah for happy hour after a day of professional instruction on our acclaimed Har-Tru clay tennis courts or before sitting down to the bounty of the sea in our dining room.
Woodstock, Georgia
“Excellent Food, Fabulous Service ...Best Filet Mignon I ever ate!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were in Amelia Island for a Ladies Vacation. We wanted to go out for a "nice" dinner and chose Verandah. We were sooooo glad we did. Our waitress was Tesa and she was fabulous! So was the hostess! (I'm sorry I did not get her name) We started with the fried green tomatoes and deviled eggs; then corn chowder soup. We each then had a filet with seafood (crab cake or lobster). All the food was fabulous!!! We ended up having dessert packed up to have later in our condo. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited May 2014

“Really enjoyed our meal”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I recently ate at the Verandah while staying at the Omni over Memorial Day weekend. (I recommend reservations- We made ours for 2 when we made our hotel reservations). The hostess was friendly and we were seated as soon as we arrived. Our waiter was attentive throughout the night and even helped us decide between two dinner choices (he recommended the carbonara and it was sinfully good!) The table next to us shared the same waiter and they had issues with some part of their mean and unfortunately made a small scene when leaving. While I cannot speak to their issues-because I honestly tried to just ignore the situation- I can say that we did not have any problems. And after the unhappy couple left, our waiter, a completely different waiter, and one of the managers came by to make sure we were happy with everything from our evening. I'm sure they did this because we were literally sharing the backside of a booth with the unhappy couple and could have easily been displeased with the event. But as I said earlier, we thoroughly enjoyed our evening and I appreciated their effects to make sure we were please with everything.
Pricing was a tad bit high for the food but it's probably one of the more upscale restaurants on the resort....therefore you pay for the ambiance and very attentive wait staff and I am quite alright for that.
It was easy to get back and forth between the hotel and the restaurant as we just called the shuttle to drop us off and the restaurant called when we were ready to return-again, that was much appreciated.
We really enjoyed our dinner and if we return, will certainly eat there again!

Visited May 2014
Suwanee, Georgia
“Came up Short”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We recently ate at the Verandah and while we would probably return it did not quite meet our expectations. For someone who is not a guest of the hotel finding where to park was a bit of a challenge and we did not see any valet available.
We had asked for a quiet romantic table since we were celebrating an anniversary and while the table was by a window it hardly was off in a quiet corner.
The food was excellent! For the main course, my husband had the grouper and I probably had the best filet I've had in years - done to perfection.
The service, however, was spotty. When we were being served, the staff was excellent, but at times it felt like long periods of time between being checked on. We were seated between two large groups which I think tended to be the focus of our wait staff.
Because the food was excellent we would tryThe Verandah again but certainly for a restaurant of that $ level we would have higher expectations for being served.

“Great date night”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Resort at Amelia Island. Although a little pricey, we decided to give Verandah a try. What an amazing experience!

The food and wine choices were phenomenal. We started with the fried crab cakes, which came out nice and hot. My husband got the grouper and I got the seafood carbonara, which was a mix of shrimp and andouille in a bed of creamy pasta. Best. Meal. Ever. The mud pie for dessert and generous wine servings just sealed the deal.

A huge shout out to our waiter, Nick, who was incredibly attentive and polite.

I can't wait to have an excuse to return.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Fabulous seafood! ”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for fresh seafood this is a great place! We had the grouper, shrimp, raw oysters, & all were fabulous! I agree that the ambiance is a little flat at night but the food & service trump that! This is a fun place for couples & families.