“Really Fun Round at Crandon”

Crandon Golf at Key Biscayne
More attraction details
Owner description: Stretching 7,180 yards from the middle tees, this 18-hole course has a U.S.G.A. rating of 75.4 and slope rating of 129.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I went to Crandon for a round of golf while my wife was at a convention in Miami. It was a busy day and while I was on time, I asked to be deferred to a later tee time just to enjoy being at the course and warm weather, use the short game practice area, etc. I was accommodated without issue and was told I would be playing with a twosome. However, when I arrived at the starter booth I was informed that the twosome was no longer to join me so I was sent off as a single. The course was really fun to play, lots of variety and challenge and it was in very good condition. Crandon reminded me of Torrey Pines - not in layout but as a high-end and high-price municipal course. I also must give honourable mention to my caddie, Dave from Boston. He was very professional and friendly, worked really hard in all aspects of his job and really added value to my day at Crandon. Playing a fine course as a single on a beautiful afternoon with an engaging and helpful caddie - what could be better? To top it off, the pro shop staff gave me an excellent steer to the Rusty Pelican for a solo dinner, the perfect ending to a great day! I hope to have the opportunity to return.

1  Thank BobandNic
in 17 reviews
"wildlife"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Beautiful Golf course with wonderful Miami view. Great service and nice landscape. Nice clubhouse and good food.

1  Thank Travelproette
Matthew P, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Crandon Golf at Key Biscayne, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Crandon Golf. And thank you for the compliments. We are so very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your round at Crandon. Happy golfing!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Ranked third hardest public course.
Very good conditions and since they have added the Caddie requirement I no longer have a complaint about slow play!!!

Not a course that high handicaps will play well, but scenic views from bay holes, North America's Salt Water Lagoons, Salt Water Crocodiles, Iguanas, and more nature makes this course AN EXPERIENCE...

Please play fast!!!!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is a great facility very close to downtown Miami where it is easy to lose yourself in a few hours of peace over 18 holes. It provides a fair challenge, nothing too tricky and the clubhouse and shop are excellent, with very helpful and friendly staff (I turned up and was able to buy or hire everything I needed, having brought nothing over from Scotland). For those who like buggies, these seem to be perfectly good, offering tips and restrictions on when to move forward. Personally, I hate buggies and my only niggle of the day was that I could not enjoy my walk round the course in the traditional fashion, since the buggies are compulsory.

1  Thank Lachlan S
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The Staff was great to deal with even the caddy (Rob).... I booked this golf course with Golf NOW... and GOLF NOW screwed it up and then lied about it and blamed the Golf course. I was told that it was for a foursome and then it turned out to be a threesome. I was a single golfer and wanted to play this course again so booking it through golf now sounded like a good idea...not so fast. The course did everything they could to make sure I played. The manager stepped up and made things right

As for the course it is a challenging course and CAN be even better with some of the views but it was had to see through some of the trees that lined the Biscayne bay. The Carts are in good shape. Course was also in good shape. And Caddy (Rob) was great with marking the ball. The club house snack bar was the only reason I did not give it 5 ***** stars. They were out of bottles of Water, out of Gator Aid and a few other things. Then when I had to wait as long as I did for a cup of Ice.... I left......

Jerry Ehrlich from the Great City of Philadelphia