We were here four nights for a business trip before headin to the Bahamas. I wish we would have stayed here therest of our trip. From the moment we walked in and were handed a glass of champagne, the service was great.
At check in, we were able to upgrade to an ocean view suite. The room was large, with a nice bathroom, and most importantly, very clean.
The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. There are two pools, one for families and one for adults only (very nice since there are a ton of kids here). There is a nice stretch beach with drink service. It is nice that it is not crowded in with other hotels so you are not crowded on the beach. The only complaint here is a $20 per day charge for an umbrella or $50 per day for a two person beach lounge. Really? At least they don't charge for the chairs.
As one of us was there for meetings, we did not have a car and we're somewhat captive. There are a few different resterants and the food was good at all of them. We also had room service and the food was quick and hot. That said, it is a resort and food and drinks do add up quickly, so if possible, plan ahead and bring or stop and pick up snacks, water, and beverages.
My only complaint was the addition of 18% gratuity to everything. While service in the resteraunt swaps for the most part good, it was not great. Generally speaking, in the US when gratuity is added, service goes down. I also don't like that it was added when a grab a bottle of wine at thebarto bring to my room. I tip when I do that, but not 18%. Yes they say that you can change it, but I travel enough to know that when you stay at one place for several days, you don't want to upset anyone.
If it wasn't for the automatic gratuity and not so stellar service at the resteraunts, this would be 5 stars. We will be back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami Hotel Key Biscayne
- Key Biscayne Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Key Biscayne
- Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne
- The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami Florida