We are frequent travelers having been all over the world including The Americas, Europe, Africa and ASIA: the Ritz Carlton in Key Biscayne
It seems like the general manager is absent or inept because the staff is uncoordinated and badly trained if at all. I come from Los Angeles, and I am staying there with my mother who lives here in Miami and my aunt who is visiting from Italy.
First, the breakfast buffet is sub-par: it looks very small, limited offering and non professional chefs, it could be compared to the "buffet" you find when you go on a college trip to a dinky hotel. Obviously the prices are RITZ CARLTON's prices.
The pool area looks very messy, not very inviting.
We went outside to ask for a taxi and the valet asked us where we needed to go, we said to an island location within Key Biscayne and there it started the UNUSUAL haggling: this valet comes and tells my mother who is in her sixties, with a tone I would not use with my teenage niece, that there is no way we can find a taxi unless we go outside of the island because taxi drivers do not want to drive inside the island. On the other hand... because he was a "good hearted" guy MAYBE he could see if SOMEHOW he could find us a cab... It was clear we had to pay him something so he could do us this FAVOR. Unbelievable! We were so shocked about this type of blackmailing in a $500/night LUXURY hotel that we left on foot. While we were leaving a taxi cab was approaching the hotel and we stopped it, he immediately took us to the location where we wanted to go to.
The overall impression of this very expensive hotel is that there is very little, if any, supervision and training of the hotel staff. Not worth staying here at all.
There are plenty of equally high-end, newer and better run hotels all over Miami. For instance, my cousin and her husband are staying at the Betsy in Miami Beach: centrally located, great service, wonderful room, plenty of restaurants all around, white beach...
In summary this hotel needs to have much more involved management to prevent this CHEAP and TAWDRY activity that my family was UNFORTUNATELY exposed to.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami Hotel Key Biscayne
- Key Biscayne Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Key Biscayne
- Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne
- The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami Florida