The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami
Hotel Urbano(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$137
  • Pool
Fortune House Hotel Suites(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$168
  • Restaurant
US$263
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
Atton Brickell Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$158
HotelsClick
US$1,008
US$848
2,183 results
All reviewsfamily poolthe cantinaadult poolthe mexican restaurantclub levelrum barsouth beachzero entrywinn dixieocean fronthotel groundsturn down servicean umbrellapool servicelong weekendper dayoceanfront room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Brought my mom here for her 60th birthday. Staff was gracious upon check-in and presented her with two tropical-inspired candles as a gift (nice touch). The smell would become ubiquitous throughout our stay at the resort. Check-in was seamless, although it would have been nice to have been offered a glass of champagne (as many other hotels of this class do).

Room was well-appointed and clean. Real star was the bathroom, cavernous with separate shower and soaking tub and water closet. Marble everywhere. Great towels and robes. Pressure in shower was very high, which made showering a tad uncomfortable (especially after spending the day in the sun) but overall a joy to get ready in the amenity-soaked bathroom.

Staff was courteous and friendly throughout the stay, especially the doormen and valet staff. Always a kind word while getting our car or welcoming us back. Friendly without being intrusive or overbearing.

This is a family-intensive resort, so we welcomed the quieter pace of the adult pool. Towel service is adequate. Thought it was a little ghetto to serve poolside fare in plastic takeout containers but i get that they don't want china and glassware at the pool, where most people are barefoot. would like to see the property invest in some high-quality non-breakable dinnerware and glassware.

One caveat/slight drawback: this place can get expensive (outside of room rate). parking is obscene at $30/day and the b'fast brunch in the Cioppino restaurant is super expensive for what you get. Any hotel with rooms at rates of $799/night has no business charging for internet. Also, spa treatments are very good but the most expensive i've ever seen outside of NYC. However, the gym is well-equipped and stocked with clean towels, waters and very new equipment. i was able to stay on my workout schedule with no problem.

We ate most of our meals at Miami restaurants, but the few snacks we did have (at the oceanside bar) were good.

Overall, this was a great stay and accomplished exactly what i wanted for my mom: a beautiful place in which to relax and enjoy some pampering and luxury as she crossed this important life milestone. I will definitely stay at this property again, although next time i'll request a room on a higher floor.

• Stayed: June 2009
2  Thank joeyjoey73
Reviewed 17 July 2009

We just returned from a wonderful stay at the Ritz. We left on July 2nd and stayed for three nights. Every expectation was surpassed, we felt pampered and the staff really made us feel that it was their pleasure to serve our family! Our room was upgraded to a suite (we had three teen children ) which we did not expect, at all. Our favorite employee was Ahmet from Turkey. He was part of the Pool Staff and welcomed our family every day by name!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Stayed for 3 nights in a club room leading into the July 4th weekend.

This is a very, very nice hotel. It rates right up there. Place is spotless, with attention to detail and excellent customer service. We were greeted very nicely, our luggage taken care of and offered a cold glass of lemonade or punch on the way to our room.

Room was small - but immaculate and cleaned well every day. We had the 'bay' view but calling it that was a bit of a stretch (we overlooked the front parking lot, Miami skyline way in the distance). Made use of the spa twice and have no complaints except I recommend you skip the hot stone therapy (not worth the price, stones not very hot). Massages are excellent though, my wife had one too. Change room was also equipped with steam room and hot tub, both well maintained. Best service in a spa I have ever received.

Food was fantastic. Ate at the mexican restaurant twice and also ordered from room service. I only wish I could eat like that every day. The guacamole is to die for.

Pool is great in that they have two of them - and one is for adults only. I only found service lacking if you went to the beach after 4 pm - at which point they ignored you or no longer supplied towels (they told you where to get them, and even that information wasn't correct). A little frustrating.

My only real 'complaint' as it were is the prices. Valet is $30.00 per day (no other option). Everything costs too much, and I guess you expect that at the Ritz, but when they add an automatic 18% gratutity on top of everything and then leave a blank line for more, well that's just not right. So expect that going in. At least the service lives up to it, it is truly excellent. Someone wrote in another posting that the staff always had their hands out for a tip, and although we tipped regularly, I did not get the vibe at any time that it was demanded of us.

Overall, yes, I would return. The location is not ideal if you're looking to shop or eat at other locations besides the hotel, there's nothing within walking distance. You have to drive and even then you're driving into Miami. We drove into south beach each day - so rent a car if you're coming here. Otherwise you'll pay quite a fortune in cabs. But...if you truly wanted a getaway, Key Biscayne is a great option. To cap it all off, they had a beautiful 4th of July fireworks display on our last night, the best such show I've ever seen.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BuddyMalloy
Reviewed 7 July 2009

I spent a week in South Florida leading up to the 4th of July, starting at the Westin in Hollywood and then ending at the Ritz Carlton in Key Biscayne. The staff of the Ritz Carlton are its greatest asset. Everyone went out of their way to be pleasant and helpful. (At the Westin they are nice but you have to ask for what you want as opposed to having people just figure it out like they do at the Ritz Carlton.)

The decor of the hotel is traditional, comfortable and in good condition. The hotel grounds are lovely, as is the beach.

We stayed in club level, and got a very good price that no doubt had to do with the time of year. I really liked having access to drinks and excellent food and snacks for most of the day, without having to sit and wait in a restaurant. This is a big plus for people with kids.

We arrived on June 30 and the place was great up till about mid-day July 3. The hotel was close to fully booked over the holiday weekend. There are two pools, one for family and one for adults. The family pool was so overcrowded and noisy that it was literally too unpleasant to sit or swim there on the 4th. The beach likewise was very crowded, although the staff in both locations seemed to be able to set up lounges for everyone. My husband said that the gym was too crowded that day as well. Therefore, although I'd definitely come back here, I wouldn't do it over a major holiday.

I did not use the spa, but did take a tour of it and found that it was very beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2009

If you are going to stay on Key Biscayne, this is the place to stay. For those of you unfamiliar with Key Biscayne, it is an island off Miami that will remind you of Florida in the 1970s, quiet, calm and simple. So if you are looking for a Miami Beach type experience with bright lights and late night dancing, this is not the place to be. What Key Biscayne and the Ritz can offer is quiet luxury on a beautiful beach, amazing views and constant attention and pampering. The Spa is wonderful (with separate men’s/women’s steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs) and the gym is well equipped and maintained. The hotel has two pools; one is for adults only (a blessing) with drinks served poolside. The rooms are very nice and comfortable with the main tower rooms offering a kitichenette as well. My only critcisim is they need to provide towels that are more inline with Ritz standards and the shampoo and soap amenitites are "stinky".

The Ritz is also very close (walking distance) to some nice little restaurants. I would recommend La Boulangerie for lunch and El Gran Inka (Peruvaian) for dinner. If you are willing to walk a little further or have a car travel west to La Carreta (Cuban).
Carreta (Cuban).

Stay here. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple