“Waste of time!”

Cara Mia Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Cara Mia Charter fishing operates fishing charters out of Dockside Marina Marathon Florida. Offshore, reef and wreck fishing. Extended trips available.
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

The boat engine was down so we had to take another smaller boat. There was not enough seating for 6 of us. I don't even know what to say. I'm so disappointed. We saw fish 2 times. Got dolphine on the line twice. Nothing else! We went out 30 miles rode around trying to find the fish at what felt like full throttle getting beat to death by the waves and still nothing. Then to top it off when we got back all the captian had to say was we rarely strike out. Nothing else and left. We wasted the entire day spent 800.00 dollars and that's all you have to say. The first mate John was at least apologetic and wanted to make it up to us. All I can say is never again, we will not be back and don't waste your time and money.

2  Thank JillCHC
Robert C, Manager at Cara Mia Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thanks for choosing to fish with Cara Mia Charters and thanks for taking the time to write a review. We`re sorry we were not able to meet your expectaions on the day your family fished with us. Sometimes the fish simply don`t want to bite or we fail to find the critters-- it is a big ocean out there. I guess that is why they call it fishing and not catching. The truth is, it takes as much work and expense for a charter crew to catch fish as it does to go out and get "Skunked" and believe me, it`s a whole lot more fun and just plain good for business to come back to the dock with a load of fish and happy customers. In this business no one hates not catching fish more than the Captain and Mate. In this case we worked hard to line up another boat (at a reduced price) when ours developed engine problems the night before, so we could get this family out fishing instead of just letting them down.Something not all charter operations would do.It is unfortunate it was not a good fishing day. Cara Mia Charters, has a great reputation and a long list of repeat customers as you can see from our other Trip Advisor, reviews. If you fish with us, we will work as hard as we can against mother nature (the fish) to provide you with a great Florida Keys, fishing experience. We hope this customer will give us another chance to give them a more favourable fishing experience

Capt Bob Crockett

There are newer reviews for Cara Mia Fishing Charters

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Our group of four had a really incredible time with Capt Bob and his fishing mate Nickie. Capt Bob put us on the fish and Nickie got them in the boat. We ended up with 2 tuna, 2 really nice Mahi
(the biggest one was a 24 lb Bull) which really wiped the angler out before it was finally landed. Then Bob put us on a school of small but mostly legal Mahi and we probably spent a hour bringing them in with three anglers hooked up at a time. In the end, we had about 7 that were legal to keep and released about the same number. It was a riot. We will definitely be back to fish with Capt Bob again. We were on the 38' Blackfin which is a fine boat and extremely comfortable with plenty of room to get out of the sun.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Growing up in the Midwest, I was really unsure as to what a deep sea fishing charter was going to consist of. I had planned a trip to the keys with a few friends and we had the intention of spending our time on the water as much as possible. I've been drunk on a beach before but we were aiming completely different vacation experience.
At the bottom of this review page I'm asked if there is an image that I would like to share. Unfortunately I don't, but if I were to convey an emotion I must say it was a lot like Bass fishing in the Midwest. Except you're in paradise. On an AWESOME boat. Catching AWESOME fish. In the middle of the ocean. IN PARADISE.
If Capt. Bob lives this sublime lifestyle very day, I'm not sure how much longer I can live in Illinois.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

If your looking for a very personal captain who will put you on fish, Captain Bob, first mate Chris and the Cara Mia are the ticket. We had a great time caught 4 Mackeral 1 was 40", a grouper, 35 yellow tail and a number of other species I can't recall the names. A great time on a great boat with a super phenomenal captain!!! We'll be back to fish on the Cara Mia!! Thank you for a very special day!!!

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Capt Bob and 1st Mate Bruce were awesome with my kids aged 16 and 10. Helped them get comfortable with their rods and were hilarious to talk to. Kids caught over 25 fish, had non stop action all morning. The boat is beautiful and really comfortable. It was a terrific experience.