“Best Diving in the Keys. Safe. Fun. Experienced. Small Groups.”

Silent World Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Our uncrowded boats carry a maximum of 12 or 18 scuba divers, giving you a more relaxed and personal experience. Professional Guides and Instructors can provide a full range of recreational and technical services.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Spent a week with these guys (plus a little sojourn to KW for a look at the Vandenberg) diving Key Largos wrecks and reefs. Our primary guide was Andrew who also officiated my dive buddy's AOW course. Intact wrecks like Speigel, Duane, Bibb, and lots of wreckage/reef combo dives. Fish and life galore.

This is a tight group of people dedicated to making their dive center the best in Key Largo. They've taken over from the previous owners and since that time have not had a single bad review (all previous reviews less than 4 stars were under different management).

They are comfortable with advanced tech dives as well as new-to-scuba people. High end re-breathing deco divers one day and snorkelers the next day and everybody walked off the boat at the end of the day with smiles and stories.

They know all the wrecks and reefs inside and out. Andrew (Potter) is an excellent instructor and whatever level you're going for sport or tech, he's probably rated to teach it.

Safe. Safe. Safe. These guys don't fool around with safety issues and are constantly watching divers before and after and following the bubble trails in between.

My dive buddy and I never felt uncomfortable or worried about the crew. Very organized, friendly, answered all our dumb questions as if we were the first ones to ever ask. "What's that ship? What's that thing in the water? Where are the sharks? Where are those guys going? Why can't I bring a banana on the boat?" All rented equipment in top shape. They'll unravel the mysteries of some newbie's uber complicated computer system before he can do it himself.

When my kids are old enough. I'll bring them here for their first dives.

Ryan

1  Thank Ryan D
Silent W, Manager at Silent World Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thanks for the review - we all had a great time tasking you out to the reefs and wrecks. I've recovered my hard drive so the photos of minnows at the Benwood will be with you soon.

Come back again for your rescue class or just to enjoy more dives - we've got the underwater scooters in now as well so some real fun dives on the way

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just back from a week diving the Florida Keys. Ended up doing 12 dives with the awesome team from Silent World - including 6 on Spiegel Grove and a fantastic day on the Bibb and Duane. Finally decided to officially get my AOW certs done - you have to in order to dive the deeper wrecks with any reputable dive company on the Keys - and I can't imaging going down there and not diving these. Sure there are some great reef dives - we did a couple - but the wrecks are amazing. A few are over 500' and were intentionally sunk as artificial reefs and were prepped for diving - all kinds of great swim throughs - very safe if you are properly trained and know what you are doing. My instructor Andrew was fantastic and led us on a number of the dives. My buddy and I planned out our own dives and felt entirely confident going on our own (Note - most dive companies I saw in the Keys don't have people leading the dives, unless you arrange for this and most charge extra for this. Most of the people we dove with were diving on their own - another reason all the places I talked to required wreck divers to have their AOW certs). I got my Enriched Air cert too while down there and very glad that I did. Longer no deco dives and felt a lot less tired at the end of a day of diving. Absolutely recommend Silent World for anyone looking to dive the wrecks and get your advanced certs.

2  Thank David H
Silent W, General Manager at Silent World Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Hello David!

Thank you very much for your Awesome review! We are very blessed to be able to call those wrecks home for our advanced divers. Crazy how quickly the current can go from strong in the morning to not even there in the afternoon. How about Snorkeling with the Dolphins on the Spiegel Grove?!?!

Everyone here at Silent World really enjoyed having you guys here for training and to take you out to multiple different dive sites and wrecks. I am very glad you enjoyed having Andrew as your instructor. He is very passionate about diving and enjoyed finishing up your AOW training, as well as introducing the two of you to Nitrox!. What is the next step for dive training going to be for you now?

Once again, tahnk you for your excellent review and we can't wait to have you back for more dives on these wrecks!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We brought six divers from all over the US to Key Largo to dive with Silent World and not only did they meet our expectations but they wildly exceeded them. It is wonderful to find a shop that will take a mixed group of technical and recreational divers out to the deep wrecks like the USS Spiegel Grove. The boats are uncrowded and the team is very personable, friendly, and knowledgeable. If you are going to be in the keys diving there isn't a better shop to dive with.

John

1  Thank John L

Thanks for your kind words and awesome review John! Right On! It was a pleasure for all of us to have you guys back again for a weekend of deep wreck diving! Warmer then where you will be diving now? haha Next time you come down we can do a real nice dive on the SG or possibly a deeper wreck?! Thanks again for your review and we look forward to setting up another charter for you guys!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have dive with others centers in Key Largo before, but since last year we are only using Silent World. The used to have a biggest Store now is a small place but the important isn't the store is the staff. The guys there starting with Andrew are the best people you can find to go out and Dive. And finally after dives you are just a few steps from the best bar in Key Largo The Shipwreck's with the most cold beer and best fish you can find after a good day of diving ! Go and for sure you'll be happy :)

Thank you for your great review Sebastian! The Silent World Crew here all enjoyed having you and your family on board! Keep putting your new Nitrox certification to good use and we all look forward to you coming back again soon to dive and visit the wrecks!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had the pleasure of diving with the wonderful staff at Silent World this recent weekend. The shop ranks among the most impressive I've worked with in terms of quality of service, attention to safety and clear competence. If you're looking for a top-notch, straight to the point dive charter, you need look no further.

Thank you Jason for your awesome Review! It was a pleasure having you and the group diving with us all weekend! Can't wait to have you all back for some more fun and more dives! Now that you are a Florida resident we expect you to return soon! :) Thanks again!