“Best photographer ever!”

Ranked #15 of 17 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Hollywood, Florida
“Best photographer ever!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Yes! The one who took the pictures from the hotel! The ones you see on travel pages!

Let me say that I paid $218 for one night stay. The location is really good. From the outside, the place looks pretty nice. Nothing to worry about.
The front desk looked nice, until I heard that the continental breakfast is served there. I was trying to find out how could that be possible in such a tiny space.
Never mind. I will never know because I didn't woke up that early.
The staff was really helpful. They gave me my key and I went to the room.
The room, what can I say. At first it looked a little depressing. But for one night it was ok. Nice TV, a fridge, microwave, hairdryer. So, for one night. It was ok.
I went to open the window. The breeze was really nice outside. And when I went to open it...well. you can see it on the pictures. Dirt all over.
Then, some other details (as the holes on the bathroom wall where a previous shower curtain rod was), painting details, etc. Details that shows you the lack of interest from the owners on make your stay better. Or at least to make a good impression. How much does it cost to cover a couple of holes in the wall with plaster?
The private beach is not a beach actually. The swimming pool is average or less.
Overall, a place to stay for one night but not paying more than 100 bucks.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pitbull954

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Polish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We chose the Bayside Inn on the basis that it was a good deal in an area which is ridiculously over-priced. We paid about $160 plus taxes per night, which is twice what this place is worth. It is a very average, motel style place with OK rooms. They were fairly clean but very noisy. We were kept awake the first night by the person snoring next door and if anyone decides to run a tap or flush the loo then you have no chance of getting any sleep - the walls are paper thin.
The private 'beach' is tiny but the dock is nice to sit out on and watch the boats. We did not use the pool as it was full of screaming kids but the outside area was certainly OK.
Breakfast was very limited but fine - toast, juice and pastries.
The one bonus to this place was that the staff were very nice and helpful. I needed to print some things out and their printer was not working, so the staff member on duty let me use his computer for as long as I needed.
We were really disappointed with Key Largo in general. It is dirty, over-priced and tacky.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HonorX
Sparta, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I first vacationed here in 2010 and fell in love with the place. We've since went back in 2011 and plan to go back this year as well. The hotel is easy to find and conveniently located nears all the restaurants and shops. The rooms are very clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. The hotel has it's own private beach, private dock, that's great for fishing, and a nice pool. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Compliementary breakfast is served. I would reccommend this hotel for everyone--couples and families alike. The value for this hotel is excellent.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I will never stay here again! Needed the Internet and after 3 days of complaining the rude manager reset the router. and even then the Internet kept going down!! Staff was rude. Hotel was old and dirty. Pool was very small and crowded. No beach.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Flbeachvisitor
abesil, General Manager at Bayside Inn Key Largo, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us here at Bayside Inn. We do apologize for any issues encountered with our free WiFi offering. From time to time, websites such as Skype can absorb most of our bandwith and cause other users to have slower or no service. We are in the process of upgrading our system to allow quicker service and capability. We do hope you will allow us another opportunity to prove our product to you.

Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Key Largo hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We checked in with my husband and 17 year old daughter. We walked in our room, that had been said it was cleaned, with hairs all over the sink. Termites have eaten away the wood. Not to mention, they had white sheet that weren't so white after all! They were full of hair and dirt. The windows were full of mold and rust. I understand it is hot and humid in this state, but I have stayed at other hotels in this area and they manage to keep their windows and rooms clean. I do not recommend this place. The pictures online are posed. The so called "beach" is a pier with sand on it. Over all it was a horrible experience we left right away. Didn't even stay for an hour. We went to cancel the reservations, while the lady at the front desk laughted at us. We just thought the room was dirty, but turns out the service sucks, too.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank lettnerk
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We initially booked for one night and liked it so much we extended to two nights! This place was so relaxing. The hotel staff were very friendly and served a continental breakfast (pastries were delicious!). The rooms were fantastic with top quality facilities and they were spotless. You can swim in the pool or sea and watch the most beautiful sunset.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Stoughton, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed our first night in the Keys at the Bayside Inn after a long day of traveling. We had a simple hotel room with a king size bed and the bed was amazingly comfortable! The room was very clean as was the shower/bathroom. The hotel staff was very friendly when checking in and out & they served a very nice continental breakfast in the morning. The pool wasn' t big but perfect for a relaxing swim and there were plenty of comfortable lounge chairs. The beach area isn't much -it definately looks better in the website pictures than in person, but some of the guests were in the water and were snorkeling around. The sand is not soft at all and even though there's a volleyball net, you'd want to be really careful when playing and not diving for balls. Amazing place to watch the sunset! It was very relaxing to sit out by the water and enjoy the quiet, but I'm sure once Snooks bar next door re-opens it won't be so quiet. Although I think it will be nice to have the restaurant/bar right there by the hotel. We stayed at the Bayside again on our last night in the Keys after having gone down to the middle Keys and Key West. We were excited to get back to the most comfortable beds of all the places we stayed!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple