“Not bad for one night”

Ranked #15 of 17 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not bad for one night”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We booked this hotel for one night for our drive down to Key West. Our flight landed in Miami around 11:00 and we did not feel like driving the whole way to Key West. I booked through Hotels.com and for $92. Since we were arriving late our keys were waiting for us in the night drop. The hotel is dated but our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The only issue was the a/c was turned on full blast and the temp in the room was about 60 degrees. We crashed and were back on the road 8 hours later. As I said, not bad for one night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

My BIL and I went down to do some diving and our dive shop had this hotel on their list with a $90/nt rate. I called a few days prior to confirm and they were nice and as promised, our keys were in the night drop bc of late arrival. I agree with a few previous reviews that it's stuck in the 80s decor and is very dated. The room was fire the most part cleaned every day or so I thought. Noticed a hair on the shower wall before the first shower and I left it there to see if it would be cleaned, it was not. It turns out that all they did was make the beds, not sure if they changed the sheets but noticed that the bathroom was never cleaned during our stay. As a previous hotel mgr, I know what to look for in rooms and the hotel. It has a lot of potential if they spent $ to renovate it and have housekeepers actually clean. I saw them out every day but it must have been a trick. The trash cans and general cleanliness of the floors, stairs and other stuff was not tended to. Gave the girl at the desk a headsup about the bathroom and did not seem to care. The one redeeming quality was the shushi nami restaurant next to it. Awesome and got 10% off for staying. I will pay a little more to stay somewhere cleaner, etc

I

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Divemazter

Travellers are raving about these Key Largo hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

First impressions of Bayside Inn was not good. The elevator was dirty and I felt needed a good clean. When we arrived at our room it had a nasty smell which I do not know what it was, just unpleasant. The towels were paper thin and breakfast was very disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Helen H
Treasure Island, Florida, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

For about $100 a night I don't expect a lot from a motel/hotel but what I do expect is cleanliness. That is something we did not get at this place! I could deal with the threadbare bedspread and towels and the dingy and nicked up walls and furniture but the dirtiness was unacceptable! From the exterior of the building to the elevator, to the stairwells and railings, to the room itself, everything is filthy!

Room Tip: The best tip I can give on choosing a room is to go a couple miles down US 1 and stay at the Hilton...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kay S
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have stayed in a lot of different hotels, motel chains, bed and breakfast inns, resorts, etc. Bayside Inn Key Largo was absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. Fortunately we were only there one night. The rooms were pure filth (I am normally okay with slightly unkept rooms). The continental breakfast was a joke. I won't go on about the place. Pay $20 more and stay somewhere else!

3 Thank marriedinvegas
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Bayside Inn just hosted our daughters wedding and i have to simply say they were amazing. Ayo, Jill and the rest of the staff were not only patient, they just let us have fun. The hotel is private and the sunset view is amazing. And if you want to enjoy the outdoors just walk next door to Snook's and enjoy it. Thank you again for a great weekend!

Room Tip: Great Key Largo spot
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MamaG6unit
New Orleans
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed 2 nights. Room was clean, although a bit small by current standards. Room was somewhat dark -- inadequate lighting, both natural and lamps. The a/c in the room sounded like surf on a beach. Staff friendly and accomodating. Beach and pool area were clean, but pier needed repair. Non-guests apparently are permitted to use the beach area, particularly to bring their own food and drinks to listen to the band at the adjacent Snooks restaurant & bar. The continental breakfast was ok, but the only seating was outside and inadequate. Beautiful sunsets easily viewed brom beach and pool area. Close to some of the area attractions.