“Go To Scuba-DO for your PADI Dive Certification!!!”
Review of Scuba-Do Dive Company - CLOSED

Scuba-Do Dive Company
More attraction details
Owner description: 10 Divers Max! FREE dive guide! Doing it right, for over 20 years! Our boats are certified by the coast guard to carry 14 divers, but we cut off at 10 divers. We are the only operator in Key Largo that runs below their certification limit! Our crew of instructors and captains are all full time professionals who work hard to show you the safest more fun time diving our wonderful reefs and wrecks. At Scuba-Do, it's all about YOU!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Achieving my dive certification has been a goal of mine for about 5 years. This year i finally had the time and courage to commit to the eLearning and costs associated. I did my preliminary research on dive companies and certification process. After reading several reviews and phone conversations i chose Scuba-DO, and i could not recommend any outfit better than this company!!! At first arriving to the shop i was finally graced with Caroline's presence. Always pleasant and knowledgeable on the phone i was excited to meet her in person, she instructed me over to the dock to meet Brent- Dive Instructor to sign some paper work, quick assessment review, and pick out my equipment. After meeting Brent i knew i was in good hands. Moving this review along to whats important is after being over-confident after passing the pool assessment i completely panicked once jumping into the ocean on Dive 1. Brent was extremely patient, resourceful, and knowledgeable in trying to keep me calm. After several attempts diving to the bottom to pass the certification i had given up. When we resurfaced Captain Skyler assisted me onto the boat and talked me through the anxiety, shared stories, and related with my concerns. Ultimately the message of diving is to relax and enjoy the experience. You are in the KEYS!

Once the other divers surfaced we were onto our next dive however i knew i was done for the day. Completely disappointed in myself and quitting i bonded with Brent and the Captain (Skylar). They made me feel as if i was of their family and coached me through the techniques to be able to process the skills as second nature. We laughed, joked, and established the trust within them to do anything. Although i did not do much more diving that day, i felt completely safe and secure to do it the next day.

Word to the wise...do NOT drink cocktails the night before your certification, although you probably already know that!!!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were relatively inexperienced swimmers and decided to go for discover scuba. Our instructor Brent did a sensational job with training session. We dived with Diego and Brent and they both made sure that we enjoyed the dive to the fullest. I'll suggest to go for this breathtaking experience at least once and that to with SCUBA-DO DIVE CO. because they did a splendid job in making us enjoy each and every bit of it.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Scuba-Do dives are small with 8-10 divers, and always guided. They allow you to dive without the guide, so long as you have a buddy. With this size, they can visit sites that are less crowded and give you more personable service. They had access to nice changing rooms with hot showers, and allowed us to store our gear in a lockup overnight. The crews are professional and love their work.

Safety is first - we went on a weekend with very bad weather and strong winds so the captain called off the afternoon dive (this was the right thing to do). USAir maintenance problems caused us to miss out on a Spiegel Grove dive. But it's not going anywhere and we'll be back to dive with Scuba-Do again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Small boat (<10 people), excellent guide and boat captain. I was in town on business, rented all my gear, everything was a breeze and I throughly enjoyed the experience. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My 11 year old son and I recently dove with Scuba-Do dive center. I could not have asked for a better experience than we got. From Caroline, at the dive shop to Brent, our dive guide. Everyone went out of their way to ensure everything go smoothly for us. My son, being a new diver, was very nervous, but Brent was excellent with him and made him feel super comfortable in the water. The fact that they only have 10 divers on the boat makes the trip so much more comfortable. Plenty of room on the boat that way. Also, putting your stuff on at the back of the boat makes getting in the water so easy. Definitely diving with Scuba-Do again the next time we come down to Key Largo. Thanks everyone for a great trip!!