3,803 results
All reviews mango small beach beach area manatee bay the breakfast area garden view free breakfast fish house front desk staff great place to stay first floor nice pool man made beach fitness center watch the sunset john pennekamp state park heated pool
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Rooms clean, but very strong smell, as though the cleaning personnel sprayed an entire bottle of Febreeze in the room. Yeck!! We tried two rooms in one building, both of which absolutely reeked. I would have felt like I was sleeping in a cleaning-supply store-room. The third room, in a different building, was tolerable.
The check-in person was helpful in finding us an acceptable-smelling room, but didn't mention the bay view at the back of the hotel. We would have missed this entirely if we hadn't been moved into the third room, number 146, which was just a couple of doors from the back end of the hotel complex. The parrot by the tiki hut overlooking the bay was friendly and kind of a novelty, but the mosquitos are ferocious. Bring some serious bug spray if you are planning to step outside the back door in late afternoon/early evening. I'm not exaggerating!
With laws mandating signs that are unobtrusive, it can be difficult to spot restaurants and hotels and attractions from the road. No worries about finding this Hampton Inn, though. There is a very tall concrete tower right next to the hotel, so it is easy to find the location, regardless of where you are on the island.
The breakfast is included in the price of the room, as it always is at Hampton Inns, and there were some inflatable kayaks which appeared to be for guest use, but given the availability of hotels with nicer pools and better amenities, etc., I will stay elsewhere on my next trip to the Keys. This is written by someone who generally likes Hampton Inns and Doubletrees. Although we didn't use it, this Hampton did have a nice-looking fitness center.

Room Tip: Hotel is on a long, narrow lot. Back of the hotel is on a quiet bay.
1  Thank travelingcaroline
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Just got back from a 5 night stay at this hotel (Apr. 15-20) & can say NOTHING bad about it. Spacious rooms, beautiful well kept grounds & friendly helpful staff make this place one I will definately return to. A lovely beach that manatee visit daily was a major treat for us. They have a really nice tikki bar on the beach. Don (the bartender) & his parrot Mango were so friendly & entertaining. Breakfast every morning was always hot & fresh as well as 24hr coffee. I highly recommend this hotel & cannot wait to return myself!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Tammy S
Reviewed 24 April 2012

For once it was exacly what they sold on internet. The room , the view, the pool and even a better breakfast!

Room Tip: Second floor balcony is more private.
4  Thank lagrande111
Reviewed 21 April 2012

great stay here for a few days. I liked the large rooms, the fact it has a small private beach and a nice pool area. The rooms were clean and fresh. A bonus was the manatees close to the beach which would come up and feed from your hands. They also change your bed linen daily which is nice. There are a couple of reasonable restaurants within walking distance, and a few more a short drive. Helpful staff on reception who were more than willing to print out my on line check in forms for me.

My only gripe? The rooms that are indicated as a garden view, actually look over the car park, which is misleading.

Room Tip: The rooms that are indicated as a garden view, actually look over the car park, which is misleading.
1  Thank buzzer1955
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Ive stayed at this hotel several times as a start to my Florida Keys vacation. It is always a great start and I return each year. The room decor gets you into the "Keys" state of mind. The staff are always helpful. Great breakfast bar as well.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends