“Good Value!”

Hampton Inn Key Largo
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My wife and I spent a long weekend at the Hampton Inn, Key Largo in May ’12 and were very impressed with the property and the staff. There is a nice smaller beach with plenty of chairs and shade and like the rest of the property it was very well maintained. There is also a nice clean smaller pool. One of the other added bonuses are the manatees that are in the water by the property. Someone spotted a “foreign creature” in the water, luckily I read the other reviews and figured it was a manatee so I got a bottle of fresh water and slowly pored it into the water. The manatee was attracted by the sound of fresh water and came right up for a drink! After the experience we parked out selves back in the beach and the manatee seemed to make its way to the water by the beach. I waded into the water waist deep and the manatee came right up to me to check me out and it let me touch its back. A couple of other people came into the water and it also swam up to check them out. Very cool!
The rooms were similar to other Hampton Inns; clean and well appointed. The breakfast was better than average for a Hampton. There are waffles, fruit, pastries and a couple of warm selections and a nice large area to eat. Overall it was a great property, a fantastic staff and an excellent value. I highly recommend staying at this Hampton.

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground level room with a view of the pool. It had a nice little patio.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OscarLedgewood

Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

We visited here on our way back from the keys.
We had a voucher and got a room for $109.
At this price it's very good value. They have a lovely little beach area at the back and a nice pool. They did hesitate to give us the coupon rate but that felt like a strategy. Lovely room and lovely beach area. Great for a stopover

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Location is perfect. Pennekamp is less than a mile away and the hotel is on the waterfront. But the rooms are small and a little gloomy. I booked a rollaway but it took some gymnastics to fit it in. Still you have to expect this sometimes. Disappointment was that the hotel did little to exploit it's location. To bar at night was terrible. No atmosphere at all. I can only rate it average for that. Staff were friendly and service fine.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I have traveled the keys for years and stayed at many different hotels and they were all expensive ($200+) But when I made my reservations at the Hampton Inn & suites I was surprised at the rate choices I had and the selection of rooms (views,beds). When we arrived are room was not ready yet (12:00pm) which was understandable. I wanted a room on the second floor facing the pool. So the young lady at the desk took my number and said she would call me when it was done,my wife said yeah right they will probably call us at 3:00pm. The young lady said to relax and enjoy the grounds. So we walked around and looked at the very large breakfast area where we met Norma who was in charge of breakfast she welcomed us an ask where we were from and just took a sincere interest in making us feel welcome. Well it was about an hour and half later she called but said she was sorry but the room we discussed was not available because the people who were in it did not leave so we could not very well kick them out. So we talked about location and we came up with a winner that was to my satisfaction. The evening was great with a beautiful sunset which laid the track for our relaxing stay. I believe that first impressions are very important to making or breaking a vacation stay. If the place you choose to spend your nights doesn't relax you your day will be spent worrying about it. Just want to say thank you Christina Gilbert (manager) for having such a friendly and competent staff. Our stay could not have been better.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My family of 5 stayed here for 3 days/nights beginning July 19th. We had two rooms. Arrived late at night (note: all you travelers from Miami airport -- nothing is open except the Waffle House for something to eat after 10 pm, so stop around Miami if your crew is hungry). Check-in was easy and we awoke to a beautiful landscape. The little beach is so cool, and yes we were lucky enough to be visited by a juvenile manatee on our first day. Everybody loved on him and he was such a beautiful creature and character. Althought the Hampton has beautiful surroundings and the rooms are clean and quite acceptable, it's the staff that makes this place truly a great place to stay. They were so friendly, helpful, and accommodating during our stay, and that includes not only the front desk but the breakfast, maintenance, and housecleaning staff as well. We split our stay between here and the Hilton Resort, and I will be posting a review of it as well along with the restaurants that we visited. Be sure to try Hobos and Sharkeys!

Room Tip: Go for the ground floor on the garden side
2  Thank buzzcat5
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn for two nights while in Key Largo for a friend's wedding. This is by far the nicest Hampton Inn I've stayed in - it seemed like a mini resort than a typical Hampton Inn. The private beach, tiki bar, and heated pool were all fantastic amenities. In the mornings, there was a great variety of both hot and cold breakfast foods available. The bed was comfortable, bathroom clean, and the mini fridge and microwave were quite useful to us when we had after-snorkeling snack cravings.

The hotel's location is very close to the John Pennekamp State Park and some great restaurants.

One tip: Make sure to wear mosquito repellant if you're outdoors when the sun goes down! I was bitten by two mosquitoes while walking from my car to the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room that was on the first floor and faced the parking lot. It was convenient when loading...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We loved the room very tropical. The beach was quiet and secluded