“Once again this location is perfect and very relaxing”

Hampton Inn Key Largo
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Key Largo
Clermont, FL
“Once again this location is perfect and very relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was not my first time staying at this location. I figured I would write another review when I realized that I went out of my way by staying at this location as I was diving in Islamorada each morning. I could have easily stayed at Dove Creek, Postcard Inn, Hilton, Holiday Inn, etc to get me closer. However, this Hampton Inn really makes me feel at home. The staff here is wonderful and will do anything for you. Shanqual, Lucy, etc were wonderful in assisting any of my needs.

What I like best about this location is the ability to walk out to the tiki at night and relax watching the sun set each day. Then walk to my nice quiet room and hit the bed to be ready for another 5:00am wakeup for a wonderful day of diving. They serve a very nice breakfast at 6:00am but usually out earlier for those of us in a rush. The gym is excellent. They also have a very nice beach for kayaking. The Hotel does have Kayak rentals on location. You can get SUP from down the road Florida Bay Outfitters and they will deliver to your location. The paddling from this location is much better than Pennekemp. Just 1 mile away from the beach is probably one of the most beautiful locations to paddle I have ever seen. If you are making a stop in Key Largo, do not pass by this hotel. None of the others come close to this location.

Also about security, this hotel has 24 hour security. It is also located next door to the police department. This is a very safe location. I left gear in my truck. Others even leave their boats in parking lot with no worries.

Room Tip: If diving like I was, request a first floor room by the parking lot. You can back your vehicle rig...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank rtorres21
KeysBound0316, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Key Largo, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us again and with others. We are ecstatic to hear you enjoyed your stay with us for the second time. Shanquell and Lucy are great assets to our Hampton Team and demonstrates our spirit of “Hamptonality.” Thanks again for your wonderful review of our property and we hope to see you soon!
Lucienne Oracius

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Finnish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I'm a Hilton guy, so we went with what we knew for a first time to the Keys. The Hampton didn't disappoint. Quiet, simple, friendly staff, and good breakfast. We'd go back. Really nothing else to say, but apparently I have to write 200 characters for this review to work.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mattkubi
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and with others. We
are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon!
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We often stay at Hampton Inns as you can be pretty sure of a good stay, and overall this was a good hotel. The upsides are the location, size of room, great private beach area - where we snorkelled with fish and a manatee that visited us before we left (as we had gone to the beach at 7am for a last swim) which was great. the lizards who seem to reside there are also amazing. the staff are friendly and helpful. Downside was the tiny ants in the room and the bathroom is a bit small if you have two lots of wash kits. the lift broke once but was fixed in a short time. there are only two floors - personally I would recommend a second floor not overlooking the pool as I think it would be noisy if you had a room overlooking the pool, but that's just me wanting quiet! Wifi is complimentary but very slow. Breakfast was okay, but I've certainly had better in other Hampton Inns - it's a bit limited and squashed into a small area which gets very crowded - one toaster for everyone to share is not enough! Beds are comfy, housekeeping is good and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are away from the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
aim for great experiences during any stay with us, all of your suggestions are taken into great consideration.We do hope your next visit at Hampton Inn Key Largo will be outstanding, we are in working progress everyday to the property see you soon!
Best Wishes
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Went to stay this past weekend and booked 3 rooms for 2 nights each. Woke up to a call asking when my party was leaving, only to be told after that we had only been booked for 1 night. Then the front desk manager (not a manager actually) Marc basically told me that if I didn't vacate he would call the police - all after HIS staff messed up the reservation! NEVER staying here again, nor would I ever recommend it to anyone.

We ended up scrambling to find rooms for the next hour while we packed up all our stuff, and eventually got 3 rooms down the street at the Holiday Inn - which had better facilities AND was cheaper! Save yourself now before you book.

Room Tip: Be sure to confirm the amount of room nights you are booked for, even if the staff leads you to beli...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank AdamH9517
KeysBound0316, General Manager at Hampton Inn Key Largo, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the unfortunate experience you had. When you checked in, you checked in for one night for all 3 rooms. Since check out time is 11:00am the following morning, our housekeeping team notified the front desk your 3 rooms had not checked out yet. Mark the manager on duty called to see if you needed a later check out. Once you notified the front desk you where not checking out, Mark made every attempt to accommodate your group with the 2 rooms we had available that evening. I sincerely apologize you wanted to stay an extra night but we did not have the 3 rooms available being that we where almost at full occupancy with only 2 rooms left.

Kind regards,
Christina Gilbert
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were a family of 4 visiting Key Largo for the first time. Hampton Inn reviews on trip advisor (which we depend on a lot) were good. The pictures posted on line were also good. So we travelled from Ontario to Key Largo. The hotel was everything we expected it to be. Spacious, clean, friendly staff, the room was well designed, contemporary design and most of all big enough for a famiy of 4. They have beach front (not very big) but secluded enough for hotel guests. Breakfast was excellent, different choices provided daily, and included in the room rate. It is a family style hotel and highly recommended. Also they are in close proximity to John Pennekamp state park which we visited. The only area for improvement (which I mentioned to the front desk) is that they invest in a commercial toaster as the line up in the breakfast area was only for toasting bread and bagels. They had a toaster with 2 slices which could not possibly cope with the hotel guests.

1 Thank Castelin0
aim to provide the best service and accommodations in the hospitality industry and
are pleased we met our goal! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and will take the breakfast area suggestions into great consideration.Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I have just returned home from a week long stay in the Hampton Inn Key Largo. I cannot praise this hotel high enough! The rooms are more than adequate and the breakfast is of a very reasonable standard given the cost of our stay. There is a lovely little man made beach and each day we saw a visiting manatee which attracted a lot of attention. The iguanas that appeared each morning in the car park were also a main attraction. One day we counted 13 and they were quite happy to get their photographs taken!!

Having said all the above, the real bonus is the quality of staff employed at this hotel. They were all without exception understanding and wanted to help people as much as they could. This included the reception staff, chambermaids and especially the lovely woman who worked in the dining area at breakfast time. She was left alone to cope with hotel guests on the day we left, Saturday 12th July, but did everything without complaint and a huge smile!! The hotel management can be proud of their staff without a shadow of doubt!!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to people wishing to stay in Key Largo. It represents outstanding value for what you receive and is considerably cheaper than other hotels in the area. It's unlikely we will return to Key Largo as there are so many other places in the world we wish to visit. However, if we decided to return the Hampton Inn is where we would want to stay!!

1 Thank IAN080651
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with others. Our Housekeeping
Team works extremely hard to ensure are cleanliness standards are maintained.
Our employee’s love to ensure our guests are happy and are having a memorable
experience. .Thanks again for your wonderful review and hopefully next time you can
stay with us a even longer.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Woke up this morning to little tiny ants or bugs crawling all over our room!! Yuck! We were going to stay here in 2 days again but we quickly cancelled our next reservation and reserved in another city. Pool was nice, beach area was TINY and had jellyfish. The only reason I gave it 2 stars vs one is the front desk staff was extremely friendly upon check in and check out. We exercised the 100% hampton guarantee and it was done gracefully.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amanda M
KeysBound0316, General Manager at Hampton Inn Key Largo, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
We want to once again apologize for the unpleasant experience you had. We are working closely with a local pest control company to rectify any ant issues and appreciate that you quickly brought this to our attention so we could help rectify it. We hope we can invite you back for a much more enjoyable stay.

Kind regards,
Coconut Palm Inn
#2 of 19 in Key Largo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,234 reviews
Playa Largo Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection

Been to Hampton Inn Key Largo? Share your experiences!