“Clean, comfy, friendly staff, fun marina location.”

Courtyard Key Largo
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
reading, pa
“Clean, comfy, friendly staff, fun marina location.”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We found this hotel to be everything you'd want in a Marriott. Well appointed, clean, and comfortable. Enjoyed the marina view from our balcony as well as the live music coming from a property behind the hotel. Room was quiet when we went to sleep. Enjoyed our stay and woul return. Located on the northern part of key largo but in the heart of what we were needing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank initfrfn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We live in Tampa, and frequently take road trips in Florida. This was our first (and probably last) stay at the Courtyard in Key Largo. I am a Marriott rewards Platinum Elite member, and out of all their properties, the Courtyard is my least favorite. We picked this one because it was a good stopping point on a road trip to Key West. We stayed one night, and it was just OK. A plus is the rooms have balconies. We had a corner room with an wrap around extended balcony, it provided extra room outside. The major downside to the corner room (or at least our room) was that it was right next to the housekeeping closet. This door was constantly opened and closed long into the evening hours. As others have pointed out, the rooms are in need of an upgrade. We had a hard time getting hot water, we could only get cold and lukewarm. The breakfast was just OK.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TampaFLA
Michigan
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed one night at the hotel. We found the staff to be friendly, the rooms clean & the bistro food to be good. My kids enjoyed the pool while we enjoyed the hot tub. Loved walking around the marina. It was a great pit stop on our way to Key West.

Room Tip: Ask for a marina side view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Junegirl25
huntington, wv
Reviewed 29 March 2012

this hotel is right at a marina, so we could walk to our dive and fishing boats. there were also numerous restaurants within an easy walk. the hotel was very clean, the room large; nice porch, big refrigerator.

Room Tip: get a room with view of marina; otherwise, you'll just look out at a highway. (though it's...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The hotel itself is just okay. It is in need of a bit of an upgrade when it comes to the rooms, however the balconies were very nice. We had a room that overlooked the marina, which was very nice. Location was decent, as there were a couple local restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: Try to get a 'wrap-around' balcony that overlooks the marina.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Samantha F
BC, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We experienced a very unfortunate incident the first night we were here which colored my review of our four night stay. In my original booking, months earlier, I had asked for a top floor room facing the parking lot since I am a light sleeper and we had travelled 15 hours to get there. So - we were put right next to the room of the so-called chaperones of one of three school groups (Grade 6?) at the hotel. These kids were out of control, running up and down the hallways, talking and squealing loudly and slamming doors until after 10 pm. I couldn't relax with all that going on, yet knew I had to get up at 6 am to meet a paid tour guide. At 11:30, the fire alarm was set off and there was no fire of course, most likely a student "prank". I never did sleep that night and had to ask to be moved to a room on the upper floor, instead of being offered a new room when I complained. I heard from another hotel guest that the running students etc. continued the second night too! Oh and the firemen didn't seem to know how to turn off the alarm because it wailed for about an hour. BUT they gathered all the students and lectured them on their misdeed.
Once we were settled in the third floor however, things, including quietness, improved greatly. Although others may prefer the marina view room, I actually liked the parking lot side. The deck was wonderful and next to a rustling palm tree. I had wished the room had 2 queens instead of one king and a pullout bed though. Cleanliness was decent and white noise was available with the non-stop AC fan.
The staff was mixed, some were quite friendly and helpful and others not so much. When I asked about a partial refund for the bad night, the comment was that some patrons had asked for a refund but others were more "understanding". Whaa? Understanding about a night of noise and stress and kids who needed better supervision?? But at checkout, they did give us a partial refund when I asked so I was pleased.
The Bistro had a nice selection of food but wasn't open at lunch. The Holiday Inn next door however had excellent food too and was a short walk.
One benefit of this hotel was its connection with Rainbow Reef Diving. Excellent! Good price and short walk to boat. I would recommend this hotel just on its association with Rainbow Reef. The only problem is that combining people who need to get up early to dive or go birding, did NOT go well with the stress of being with all those kids in the hotel. As a retired teacher I was hoping to get away from that. Once the kids left, a peaceful calm returned to the lobby and hallways.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank natureniche
NYC Pal
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I requested an early check in (10 am) and by 3 pm the room hadn't been released for check-in. The front desk clerk had to scramble to find us a room. The real offense for this establishment, and why I would seek alternate accomodations, is the thin walls. The hallways sounded like NYC's Grand Central Station with doors slamming, maids chatting, guests coming and going. Never mind the offensive rap music our neighbor loudly played in the afternoon. But these people chatted throughout the ENTIRE night. It woke me up at 3 am and I heard everything from cussing to conversation, to others visiting. Kept hearing the talking until we decided to leave the room at around 7:30 am. We were told by locals that this used to be a RAMADA, a chain I hate, so that explains the thin walls. Mind you, its not like they were having a grand party next door throughout the night. It was typical conversation, but the walls are so thin, that we could hear it ALL NIGHT! Places to stay here are a dime a dozen- I'd go elsewhere next time for sure! Rooms are rather plain too- no table and chairs; just a small sofa.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to alternate larger and smaller balconies.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple