“Not the Greatest or the Worst”

Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 2 April 2014

It is clean, but bit outdated, especially for the price of $300 / night. Pool area and the grounds were clean, morning staff was excellent, however, couldn't say the same about the night staff. My expectation would have been bit more upscale for the price. If you stay, get the Marina view.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
keylargoresortsmgmt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I wanted to thank you for the taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are constantly requesting feedback so we can continue to provide the type of service all our guests deserve. Through comments like yours we can do what we can to improve the quality of the hotel as wells as the service.
Thank you for your time.

Miguel Waldo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I really liked this Courtyard. Our room had sliding glass doors that go out to the balcony that you could leave open just to let the fresh air in! I liked the island feel of the decor in the room. The balcony overlooked the marina and the swimming pool. If noise bothers you this could be a problem because you can hear all the pool activity, but it didn't bother me at all. The room was clean and we had no problems with anything. In the evening there were free cookies and gourmet cupcakes at the front desk. Nice touch! We used the pool, whirlpool and the workout room. All were nice. I would look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
keylargoresortsmgmt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Guest,

It was our pleasure having you stay at our hotel. We take great pride in the hotel and are jubilant by the great review you posted. I'm glad you enjoyed the afternoon snacks, many guests mention that they enjoy this extra touch. We hope that you come back soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Courtyard is a well planned and equally effectively managed hotel in Key Largo. It is located by the water and extremely close to scuba/snorkel operators in the region. We stayed there for 2 nights for a scuba diving trip and we did not regret it at all. Rooms are clean, personnel is polite and very helpful. Rooms are pretty much standard and have all the basics amenities one may want. There is a swimming pool and cafeteria but we have not tried. The parking is free and there is a covered garage. Our bathroom could use a new toilet since it got clogged easily and we needed to call help for it. Overall, great hotel for short stays. We recommend it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the water side. Nice breeze and great view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emrah P
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way to Islamorada for a week, which was a perfect way to start off our vacation! The management and staff are outstanding and went out of their way to provide excellent service. Great linens, location and super clean rooms. We went on the afternoon cruise on the glass bottom boat next door and it was great! Saw 2 big sea turtles and a giant hammerhead shark.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014

On a trip touring the great state of florida; my mother and I decided to hop down to the "keys." I was having trouble finding lodging suitable to my needs. Since we were traveling with mans best friend we were having issues with hotels unable to accommodate my dog. We lucked out with the Courtyard in Key Largo.

They were able to put us up for the evening and we were impressed. What started off as a 1 night trip ended up being three days because of the courtesy, hospitality, and cheerfulness of the staff. They told us about all kinds of interesting activities available on the island. If I walked out of my room towards the lobby, I was always acknowledged and greeted. The staff asked about our daily adventures and genuinely seemed to care. Too many hotels, we have stayed at on our extended vacation, simply wanted to book our rooms and get us out of their hair. Not the Courtyard by Marriott.

What was intended to be a sight seeing tour and shopping stop; became the best part of our vacation. We took a glass bottom boat ride, saw a wild bird sanctuary, found a great beach, and some wonderful places to eat.

I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel. The room was spacious, clean, and a great view! Couple those attributes, with a friendly staff and you have one very excellent place to stay. Krissy, Ronald, and Miguel are the classiest and friendliest hospitality agents I have ever come across. They do a great job and enjoy their work.

If you're in Key Largo, STAY HERE! You will not be disappointed.

-Jason from Indiana

Room Tip: Our room was the first hotel room nearest to the lobby. We had a great view of the pool and sun. I c...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
keylargoresortsmgmt, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you and your mom stay at our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to fulfill all of your expectations. You are correct both Krissy and Ronald are stellar employees.

Thank you for your comments and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed here for 3 days at the end of February and thought the hotel and rooms were reasonably well appointed and I'd classify this property as a 3 star hotel. I didn't find there was a lot to do in key largo so the 3 days was enough. I found the hotel was in a good location as it's next to a marina with lots of boating and fishing options, Starbucks, Kiffneys, lots of restaurants, and not too far from the state park.

For breakfast, as opposed to a restaurant it's more like a service counter where you order, pay in advance, and then they bring it to your table. Prices were fairly reasonable too ranging from $4-$10. I thought the breakfast was pretty good.

The hotel provided free internet and the service was good and fairly fast. Free parking was provided as well.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We've stayed here 3 of last 4 years while enroute to Key West. We love the location. The staff is very friendly, the rooms, elevators and common areas are very clean and well maintained. We watched the African Queen tour boat take tours from our deck! We were fortunate to watch a manatee come to surface about every 10 minutes from our deck as well! I look forward to staying here again next year!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple