“Great stay-Felt like Home!”

Courtyard Key Largo
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Key Largo
Texas
“Great stay-Felt like Home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed four nights (May 31-June 4) with my sons, ages 19 and 16. The purpose of our trip was to dive 3 days. I had stayed at this property 3 years ago and was pleased then. I had read some recent reviews that were somewhat critical and was anxious to see if it was as good as I remembered. It was, and MORE!

The property is in an excellent location. It is close to all dive locations and just minutes from great restaurants. There is plenty of FREE parking. The pool and hot tub are nice and there are plenty of tables and loungers for guest use. They do not have a restaurant but there is a Bistro that has light breakfast and lunch options.

Our room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The balcony was spacious and had a great view of the canal.

The highlight of the stay and the thing that makes the Courtyard Key Largo stand out is the hospitality. Miguel, the general manager, is very visible. He is also very personable. It is obvious he cares about the guest's experience. All staff at the front desk were pleasant and helpful also.

In summary, we had a great stay and will definitely return to this location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
keylargoresortsmgmt, Manager at Courtyard Key Largo, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Mr. Russell,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your sons and talking about Johnny Football. Thank you for your glowing review regarding the hotel and staff. Everything we do is geared to making your stay a positive experience. We hope to see you again very soon.

Miguel Waldo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
King William, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were pleasantly greeted and provided very helpful information upon arrival. You have a laundry, fridge and microwave, and a pool. There is plenty of parking and a gas station just at the corner. The staff is great here too. Wonderful location on the canal or waterway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the poolside.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
keylargoresortsmgmt, General Manager at Courtyard Key Largo, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the pool, laundry, microwave and most importantly the staff. I hope that you come visit us again.

Aurora, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I just wrapped up a dive trip to Key Largo and stayed at the Courtyard By Marriott on Overseas Highway. The hotel was part of a dive package I reserved for a week and is easy enough to find at the end of my drive from the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport.

The hotel itself is nothing special; there are three stories, a small gym, but amble parking. The hotel is located adjacent to a number of boat slips which made catching my dive boat everyday a non-event. There is no formal restaurant located at the hotel just a small Bistro that servers breakfast and a light dinner menu. The fair therein is acceptable, but by no means world-class or in line with the room rates; for the amount of money charged I would expect more.

Speaking of expecting more, the room is of adequate size, but the bathroom is tiny. For instance whenever I wanted to use the toilet I had to close the bathroom door. Water pressure in the sink was substandard and it took quite a while for the water to get hot. There was a flat screen television in the room and a fair amount of channels, but is not HDTV and the quality of the reception was sub-par; once again would have expected more from a hotel room at this price-point.

Wireless is free, but the quality of the reception in my room was poor, so actually using the Internet at times was problematic; at times my wireless connection speed dipped to 2Mbps! Unacceptable in 2014 when wires can be has at much higher rates. And the room should be wired for 100Mbps at this price-point.

The bed was reasonably comfortable, as were the pillows. There is a small refrigerator in the entertainment center beside the television, but no microwave. The balcony was small and fitted with two chairs and a small table. This was idea for drying my scuba gear after dives. A small sign on the sliding door asks guests not to use the balcony for such, that there is a retractable close line in the shower, but my I had no such device in my shower so…

The staff was friendly and my room was cleaned in a timely professional manner every day. Fresh fruit was available in the lobby throughout the day and chocolate chip cookies were put out in the afternoon. Public computers and a printer are available for guest use in the lobby as well.

Overall I was satisfied with my stay at the Courtyard By Marriott in Key Lagro, but not overjoyed. Again at this price-point, some serious updating is needed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Vincent M
keylargoresortsmgmt, General Manager at Courtyard Key Largo, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. Through comments like yours we can improve our services. We hope next time you are in Key Largo you give us another try.

Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is in a good location for divers--one block from Ocean Divers and from a major dive store. Rooms were clean and organized. Staff was great. Very courteous and competent. The one problem is that the hotel is "Pet Friendly." Of course, the hotel has people with pets sign an agreement that they will not leave the pet alone in the room. And, of course, people regularly violate this policy.
My room was adjacent to a yapping dog. I knocked on the door several times, but this just excited the dog and made it bark more. At the front desk, I had to stand in line to complain, as the people from the room across the hall were ahead of me. My room was changed to one on another floor. As I was moving my stuff to the new room, I was blessed by the sound of more yapping. Since it was three doors down from me, I figured I could stand it.
Later, as I was going out for dinner, I stopped and knocked on the door of the barking dogs. Yes, dogs. (By the snorting, I would guess they were Boston Terriers.) No one answered the door, but lots of barking. I stopped by the desk to mention the dogs, and the person ahead of me was there to complain, as he was in the room next to them!
The clerk was very courteous and concerned, and said she would ensure that the manager was made aware of the problem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tvl4evr
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the moment I arrived, the attention paid to me by the staff was outsized to what I ordinarily expect at a courtyard. It easily rivaled Four Season's and Ritz Carlton's. The rooms were spacious and setup for both work and vacation. The view was very nice. And the bed was comfortable. You have use of the adjoining property and if you are a scuba diver, there is an on-site pickup as well as an option for lunch to be made for you. Internet was speedy and easy to connect too. Hotel was kept clean. It is conveniently located near everything you would need for a wonderful key largo vacation.

Underground parking was a nice touch in the hot fla. sun, although insufficient for all rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street can be a bit noisy from freeway traffic. Rooms facing the pool are better...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cape Cod
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

As a Marriott Platinum member, I've stayed approx. 500 nights in Marriotts over 5 years. This was good just as a stop on the way between two other places. The best thing about it was the front desk clerk - she was on the late night shift as we arrived after 11:00. She upgraded me to a larger room with a balcony. This was really a "vanilla" Courtyard - good for sleeping after a long day snorkeling or exploring the keys. Small pool on the canal. If I had to, I'd stay again - but would rather stay in Miami, Bahia Honda or somewhere else in the keys.

Room Tip: Away from Route 1 - too much noise from cars and trucks driving by all night
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GoldenViewer
keylargoresortsmgmt, General Manager at Courtyard Key Largo, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I wanted to thank you for your recent review and your loyalty to the Marriott brand. As a Platinum Member I know you travel quite a bit and have stayed at your share of hotels. I'm glad my overnight desk agent was able to give you a great room.

Thanks again.
Clearwater, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Got in late and appreciated the very nice young lady, Krissy, who checked us in. She had a lobby full but still answered questions and got our group fixed up. Next morning went out for a walk and this property backs into a little lagoon-harbor with tons of boats anchored up. So you can take your am walk around the harbor and sightsee as you get your exercise in. We worked in the lobby and the front desk people were very helpful again with recommendations for our business day came in tired and once again, Krissy was all too happy to help with our needs, recommendations for tomorrow's meals, etc. Love the property, the staff, the views.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
keylargoresortsmgmt, General Manager at Courtyard Key Largo, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding our hotel. It is our aim to have every guest depart with the same feelings that you experienced. You are 100% correct, Krissy at the front desk is a very nice young lady who exemplifies what customer service is all about. I'm glad you loved the property, the staff and the views. We hope that next time you are in Key Largo your first choice will be the Courtyard once again.