“Brilliant Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Key Largo
Parrish, Florida
“Brilliant Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Just checked into the hotel. Greeted by very friendly staff. Room is excellent. Can't fault it at all!
Manager has made sure we have the right room for us as a family of four. Free breakfast tomorrow. Free internet. Parking. Everyone's happy

Room Tip: We have a pool/marina veiw.
1 Thank Cathy J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
North Port, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Location (5 STARS):
================

This hotel is located in "down town" Key Largo and perfect if you use one of the SCUBA outfitters with a boat docked in the adjacent canal.
Lots of good restaurants close by and a Divers Direct and Walgreens store within walking distance. The “AFRICAN QUEEN” from the movie is also docked close by!!

Hotel (3 STARS):
==============

Hotel is clean and has a nice pool are.
ALL rooms have a balcony and so we bring our own collapsing clothing racks so our SCUBA equipment can dry properly.
Rooms overlooking the parking lot CAN GET LOUD very early in the morning due to
boats being refueled by tanker trucks!!

Room (4 STARS) (In room #203 for 2 nights):
===================================
Rooms are CLEAN and that in itself deserves the 4 STAR rating.
Convenient small refrigerator is provided and the king-size bed was very comfortable.
The pull-out couch for my 14 year old daughter was NOT, and you could feel all the springs through the thin and cheaply made mattress.
Bathroom was ok with adequate water pressure but a very slow bathtub drain!
I reported this to the front desk with the additional problem that we had small sugar ants ALL over the room. They offered us another room immediately but I declined since this was not the end of the world and moving with all the SCUBA equipment was out of the question.

Room Service: (5 STARS)
====================
No problems to report!!
Nice and clean every time we returned from SCUBA diving.

Pool Area (4 STARS):
==================
Nice pool and hot tub area.
Yes, other non-resident SCUBA divers will sit in the pool area or take showers.
Key Largo is a SCUBA diving community and so I do not mind this at all.

Food Court (4 STARS):

Good food and a nice sitting area provided for customers only.
All around nice breakfast but VERY expensive!!
There is a Dunkin/ D next door in the gas station next to the H/ Inn.
Much much better deal, and within walking distance.

I hope this helped.

Knowing all this, I would stay again!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Northportdiver
keylargoresortsmgmt, General Manager at Courtyard Key Largo, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time regarding your recent stay (second stay). You are absolutely correct in that the hotel is located in the heart of Key Largo and is perfectly located to the scuba outfitters.
We hope to see you again soon for a third stay.
Miguel Waldo
Royal Oak, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Courtyard is in the perfect location. It’s a couple of miles down from John Pennekamp State Park, close to a lot of Key Largo restaurants, and right next to the marina that a number of dive or fishing charters use. In my specific case, the dive operator we booked with (Rainbow Reef) located its check-in kiosk right in the Courtyard’s parking lot.

The rooms were nice and large, with balconies that overlooked the pool area and marina. My family of 4 was quite comfortable in the room, and it was also quite nice to sit out on the balcony in the morning and watch the boats go by.

I was a little bit worried because on the first day, when I was coming back to the room with our luggage, my family said they could hear me through the walls coming down the hallway. However, we didn’t have any loud neighbors, so this never posed a problem.

The staff put out free snacks in the lobby, which my kids kept track of daily. They ranged from cookies to apples to popcorn with punch. It was a very nice touch. There was also a lounge off to the side with a flat screen TV and a Wii. Games were available at the front desk to check out, but we never did have time to use it.

While I went on some dive trips, my family spent a lot of time in the pool area and enjoyed it. The kidney shaped pool was a bit on the smaller side, but did have a 6’ deep end. In the mornings, there are scuba lessons going on, and I was amazed by the number of people they could get in there for a meaningful lesson!

The Courtyard works together with its neighbor Holiday Inn, so you can use the pool and tiki bar area over there. They had two pools, one shallow, themed pool with a waterfall and a larger rectangular, 9’ deep pool which, you guessed it, also held scuba lessons in the morning. The kids loved having this option to pool hop between the hotels!

The exercise room was excellent. It was large with current elliptical and treadmills as well as med balls, mats and a bench. It also had a great view of the pool and the marina in front of the machines. There was also space to do resistance moves or yoga positions.

The location alone is a big plus, but even without that, the Courtyard is a nice modern place to stay. It certainly looked a bit newer than its sister Holiday Inn. We will definitely return there the next time we head to Key Largo.

Location
2 Thank Jon L
Clover
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We had plans to stay there tonight but we got there and opened the door to out2 room and it smelled terrible. Also the sheets were so wrinkled they looked they were put on damp. Then we were asked to switch rooms which was no problem then I walk in the new room and it also smelled bad. And I went to walk out and it wouldnt lock back and when I opened it, it decided to lock and I couldnt close it. So we ended up going somewhere else. The hotel is updated but terrible experience!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was the perfect place for my scuba trip and I got a good rate through the scuba outfitter. My only complaint is that housekeeping one day left dirty towels in the bathtub, another the coffee station was left a mess, and so on. Here on my last night I figured it out--they want a daily gratuity. I spoke to the front desk. They confirmed that the housekeepers engage in this behavior to prompt daily gratuities. I was given a breakfast voucher (though with incorrect reservation information) and an apology, but I hope they stop this practice. I always tip housekeeping but, as is common, I tip at the end of my stay. For whatever reason housekeeping feel this is necessary, it should stop. There are better ways to communicate than for hotel staff to punish a paying guest.

Room Tip: Ask for a king marina view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank dcbill07
Raleigh, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Key Largo in June 2013. We used points and chose this Marriott over the resort because we were guaranteed a balcony and it used less points. The location was perfect for our activities - Reef Roamer (snorkeling) and fishing (lots of private charters and Sailor's Choice group fishing boat) were docked in the channel right at the hotel. It was a short drive to the Everglades and Islamorada, where we went to Anne's Beach. The room was exactly what we needed - clean, comfortable, easy. We enjoyed watching the African Queen sail by. We took advantage of the free apples and cookies and popcorn in the lobby. The pool is small but we knew this when we reserved - we planned to be in the ocean so that was not a big deal for us. We did take a quick swim one afternoon and it was nice.
There is only the Bistro onsite and we did not use it. However, mgmt hooked us up one day with plates and such from the Bistro so we could re-heat some leftovers from dinner the night before! All the staff that we encountered were courteous and helpful. If you want fancy with lots of amenities, this is not the place for you. But if you are coming to the Keys to take advantage of all the amazing activities and only need your room to be a comfortable home base, this place id great. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Racine97
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at this Courtyard one night after SCUBA diving. The staff were courteous and knowledgeable about the area. The room was clean and comfortable. We booked a special which included breakfast. The bistro served a very nice breakfast, but I don't think I would have eaten there if the meal had not come packaged with the room. I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple