“Ideal location great service - very happy!”

Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We lucked out here as the dive shop we chose was literally in the Marriott parking lot! We also had rooms overlooking the pool/marina which were great. Hotel was fresh, cool, clean and the check in desk very friendly and helpful - we arrived early but our rooms were ready. Nice small pool by the marina. We are already planning our next stay!

Room Tip: The ones overlooking the marina are definitely best as the other side of the hotel overlooks Route 1...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
miguel43, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel and the service you received. I'm glad that your dive shop was adjacent to the hotel, this makes it very convenient.

We look forward to seeing you next time as I see you are already planning your next visit.

See you soon.
Miguel Waldo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

This property is in need of some updating our room door was very hard to open as the latch would stick and it always took us a few times of entering the key then pulling the door towards us and finally it would open. The handle on the door wall was broken going out to the balcony. Also when taking a shower the shower door fell off when I tried to shut it and my husband had to come and help me put it back up. The closet door also had problems of not opening and shutting correctly these items are all in need of some good wd40 and maintenance work. The base of the bathroom door was shredded looking like there had either been a water problem or an animal in there picking at the bottom of the door. We stayed at this property for four nights. We stayed at this property because there is scuba diving right outside the doors. We did enjoy use of the pool and our room did have a partial Marina View. This was our second stay at this property and we would probably go back depending on renovations being done or better pricing.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
miguel43, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel and allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We welcome all feedback, positive and negative as a way to improve our services and correct any of our deficiencies.
We hope that if you are ever in Key Largo again you give us another try.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Here too, did I call around for pricing before picking this hotel. I read all the reviews. Mostly the the bad to see the negatives. Folks, you have to keep things in perspective. If you price out the hotels in Key Largo, and compare what you get elsewhere for the same money, you can't beat the Courtyard for the value. I have stayed in every type of room in the Keys from Largo to Key West. I have spent as much as $1000 / night in the Key's finest. When you come to the Keys, you can't compare a Marriott in the Keys to a Marriott in dry climate metropolis. There is too much humidity and moisture. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us. We stayed close to a week and never had a problem. The general manager was always visible and ready to help. The location is great and if you are there to go diving, hook up with the Rainbow Dive group. You can't beat the value and convenience. It is in the same parking lot. If you are looking for 5 Star accommodations with endless white beaches, go to Mexico. The rooms are what you would expect from Marriott. Clean, updated, great bed and shower. Yes, the air condition is a bet noisy, but realistically, all hotel air conditioners are. You're not at home. When I come back to Largo, I wouldn't stay any other place. Thanks Miguel. We had a great time. Thanks for caring. I hope to be back soon. I hated leaving.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lookingfor1stclass

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and letting us be your hosts during your week in Key Largo. It is always a delight to have someone with as much travel experience as you have give us a big thumbs up. I loved your perspective regarding the hotel and the Keys in general.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here over the weekend. A good location in the keys I think for what we were doing, which was diving. The hotel itself is a little tired, but everything was clean and comfortable. The staff was always helpful. We got breakfast with our rate and it worked well and was quite good for what it what, a little counter service cafe. The pool area was nice to relax at after we were done diving and even had a cute little faux beach area with sand. Overall very happy with my experience here and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. You are absolutely correct when saying that it is a good home base if you plan to go scuba diving or snorkeling. The marina adjacent to the hotel offers many opportinities for water activities. I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast and the service you received.
Please come again.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I spent 2 weeks touring the west coast of Florida and the Keys by motorcycle. So after spending a long hot day after several hours of riding the hot tub looked inviting. After spending less than 20 minutes in the hot tub my brand new swim suit was ruined. It was pink and white before getting in and when I got out the pink had turned to purple. Three days later the pink color has returned but is no longer "hot pink" and the white is now discolored and looks dirty. I don't know what chemicals they put in the tub but if I have never had this happen before. They also allowed local teens to use their pool. They were very disrespectful and cursing. The "grounds keeper" didn't want to do anything about it and after several families complained the front desk clerk threatened to call the police they finally left. We normally enjoy staying at Marriott's but this location was a huge disappointment.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ayesha B

Dear Guest,

Please allow me to apologize for the items you wrote in your review.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention such as the hot tub and the problem with the teenagers that were not guests of the hotel. These matters have been addressed and corrected.
I hope that if you are ever in Key Largo you give us another try and let us show you the kind of service and hotel that you expect from Marriott.
Miguel waldo

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We unexpectedly needed a room at the last minute so we had to pay quite a hefty price for booking at 7:30pm. On the plus side, the room was very spacious and clean, and the location is right next to the marina. We were already paying more than we had planned, so we didn't upgrade to a marina view which was a mistake. Our view was of the street and of a grassy area below where people were taking their dogs to use the bathroom. I love all animals dearly, but that isn't exactly what I like to see from my balcony. My biggest disappointment was at the pool the next morning. We woke up early so my 8 year old daughter could swim at the pool. However, when we got there, it was packed with people learning to scuba dive. Don't get me wrong! I have no problem with divers especially since my husband is one, and I do understand they have to learn somewhere. But when I'm paying over $230 a night, I'd like to be able to use the pool. There literally was no room in the pool for my daughter. When she did try to get it, she was just walking around to stay out of the divers' way, but they still seemed to be inconvenienced by her presence. Again I know they have to learn somewhere and if I was them, I wouldn't want extra people in the pool while I was trying to learn, but we were paid registered guests of the hotel. Yes, eventually the divers did leave, but it was near the same time as check out, so she never did get to swim. I have the utmost respect for divers and those learning how to dive and think it's great the hotels let them use their facilities. I just think it would be nice if the hotel could let the guests know the pool would be occupied in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank teecoo22
Reviewed 8 August 2014

- Friendly staff
- Clean room
- Excellent internet and TV
- Great location. Has everything you need nearby.
- Clean pool area. Hotel supplies pool towels.
- The Bistro in the lobby is a nice touch. Good for breakfast or a few cocktails in the evening.

No complaints. Will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family