“Nice place to stay, staff very friendly and helpful”

Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 13 January 2011

Arrived in key largo to check in. This process went very smoothly and the staff was great. Nice double room and clean. Great location for the activities, I was a 5 minute walk from my dive boat and my wife and niece were right next to the glass bottom boat.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
keylargoresortsmgmt, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2011

Dear Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Courtyard Key Largo. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get.

I am pleased that your check-in experience went smoothly and that our front desk staff was helpful. We will make sure to highlight this at our next front desk meeting.

We hope to see you again very soon for your next visit to Key Largo.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 6 January 2011

We stayed at the Key Largo Marriott Courtyard Dec 27-31. As a very experienced Courtyard guest I would say that this property is not the normal quality I have come to expect from Marriott Courtyard. We had a first floor room right off of the lobby. This was the noisiest room I have ever been in. Every evening guest room doors would slam loudly. However, the noise in the early morning (6-8AM) was the worst. Loud slamming by someone (I think the staff) of carts or other equipment. They obviously didn't care that there were guests in the hotel. The room was OK, but things were dirty that you would not expect of a property that was recently renovated. The doors, (bath and entrance), door knobs and mouldings could use cleaning.

The location is good. About 4 miles south of Pennekamp State park. Parking, under cover and outside is ample. The internet service from the lobby computers was terrible. They have a "bistro" that you can eat breakfast. The food is OK, but the service is slow if they are busy. They need more help during the busy morning hours.

Overall, I would rate this hotel as just OK. Nothing special. If you are like us and spending more time site seeing than at the hotel then you can consider this property. Otherwise, I would choose another hotel in Key Largo.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
keylargoresortsmgmt, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2011

Dear Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I apologize for the inconvenience of noise during your stay and cleanliness in your guestroom and will correct this immediately.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the "The Bistro" and complimentary covered parking.

We hope to see you again very soon for your next visit to Key Largo.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 29 December 2010

Hotel was converted recently from a Ramada Inn. The dining area, lobby areas were all redone, very nice and clean. Rooms were clean as well, with granite countertop in the bathroom. Pool area was also very good, with the jacuzzi being super!

A couple of nit picks. There is no hot breakfast in this Courtyard, however they do have freshly made breakfast and lunch items in the cafe, which also opens for a few hours at night. Beer and wine are available, as well as freshly brewed Starbucks coffee.

Rooms need to be redone, dark old carpets, as well as non-functioning closet doors. You need to pick up the door and move it to be able to store stuff in the closet.

The computers in the lobby are very slow for internet use, however you do have free printing. Wireless access is good, I could get a medium signal in my room which was at one end of the hotel.

A little noisy in the morning due to construction nearby and also the fact that it is almost on US 1.

Not a bad hotel, only 1.5 hours from Miami, 2+ hours from Key West.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2010

Everyone says how ramada is bad but I didn't think this one was. We just stayed for a night so that we could go snorkeling the next day, and we got there in the afternoon, but it was good. They own the three hotels that surround the marina so you could go into any of the pools/hot tub's that you wish. There are two resturaunts within walking distance that the hotels encompass. Complementary breakfast is really good. Great selection of scuba/snorkeling... boats. Hotel was under construction but nothing really was going on. There's no beach or anything/ it's next to the street because key largo is a place for taking boats to the John Pennekemp coral reef park. Also, I don't remember the prices being too bad given that we all stayed in the most expensive room. This was the best hotel we found comming from key west. Don't be overexcited and think this place is a dream cause it's not; nor or any of the places in the keys besides the ones in key west; and we stopped at 10+ hotels. We all wen't on a road trip from NY, and the keys overall were not as nice as expected and they were too quiet. I'd recommend staying in Miami and going to keys for a day or two, but that's just me

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Submat
Reviewed 9 November 2010

Warning - the property currently does not have a sign - we ended up asking a police officer for directions to the hotel! We (7 friends) stopped here for a night before heading down to KW. The property is going through major renovations, but while we were there, no work was going on, so it was very quiet. And it was pretty empty so we had the pool area, palapa and beach / dock area to ourselves, which was great. They put us in 2 connecting rooms on the street side since they were painting the pool side rooms, but the beds were comfy and the rooms were quiet so we all got a good night's sleep. Didn't bother with the breakfast over at the Holiday Inn cuz we were heading to Harriettes. I wouldn't book for an extended stay, but for the one night we were there, the price was right, and experiences may improve once the renovations are all done.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We have been to Key Largo to dive about 6 times in the last 4 years. We have stayed at all of the hotels in the loop, including this hotel twice before. This hotel has been sold and is currently undergoing renovations which we were not told about prior to booking! When we arrived we were asked if we were told about the renovations but were not offered to switch to the Holiday Inn until we were checking out!! We would have switched to the Holiday Inn in a second! We had to listen to the fire alarm going off all day the first day we arrived, had to walk across the canal for the "free" breakfast also! We assumed the fire alarms were due to the renovations as we did not see a fire/smoke and should have been warned when we were checking in? The workers parked in the check-in area and also took up most of the parking in the garage also? Who allows the hired workers to take up most of the guest spots? All in all we just felt the customer service was really lacking and we will not return to this hotel. We will stay in the Holiday Inn next time.........

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Did not like this place at all. Loby is under construction, not too noisy for us but we stayed there on a Friday and Saturday night, not much work done on the weekend. Our first room looked nice, obviously an older hotel, the furniture and bed were aged but clean (as far as I can tell). Placed us in a room facing the road, instead of the marina, even though the hotel obviously had many vacancies. The next morning I went to take a bath and PAINT CHIPS came out in the water! I emptied the tub, tried again, same thing. We informed the front desk, said they would send maintenance up to look at it. Returned that evening (five hours later), no one had looked at the problem yet. We mentioned to the front desk, they moved us to a different room, better view, bigger room. However, same water issue. I ended up using a towel to "filter" the water to take a bath and used bottled water to brush my teeth. Makes me wonder about hotel cleanliness, as far as health codes are concerned, when paint chips are in their clean water supply.??? Besides that issue, pool was dirty looking, but hot tub was ok. Restaurant nearby, coconuts, good place for drinking, but horrible food.

• Stayed: October 2010