We checked in and within an hour we were ready to leave. Our mistake was to inspect the unit on arrival but it was too late for that because George had already left for the day and process the full payment BEFORE we arrived. We contacted him and requested a refund but he said the terms were clear no refunds however he did refund a small portion of the money. We left the next morning but we should have left right away because I barely slept all night. We first realized that the fridge didn't work and were told they would replace it in the morning. We then discovered that the door didn't lock from the inside. We were told that it had a padlock on the outside! The window going out to the back deck did not lock either. There were no facecloths or hand towels, and no dish towel however there was 2 bath towel and a bar of soap. There was no sink in the bathroom so the only place to brush you teeth was in the kitchen sink! There is no sofa or table in unit number 4 because they have stuck two single beds in the living room. The toaster only worked when you held the handle down. No kettle and the gas stove work without lighting it with a lighter and we weren't going to do that. We didn't shower there because we could see someone else's footprints in the shower floor. It wasn't the only thing the maid forgot to clean. The blinds in the kitchen were covered in food splatters. The door frames, walls and light switches looked like they had not been cleaned in a long time. We lit a candle to try to mask the smell of the place but the worse part was the smell coming from the hole behind the fridge. I bent down to put something on the table and I was along knocked out by the smell. The three steps going from the bedroom to main level are very dangerous. I missed the first tiny little step and fell. I was lucky to only have a mild sprain and was better after a few days. I am sure that George's insurance company would have something to say about the steps and also the walkway to the back deck which has no railing and electrical wiring. All in all the place is in very poor condition. I would not recommend this to anyone. We moved to the Key West Inn down the street which was clean.
- Also Known As:
- Key Largo House Boatel Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo House Boatel Florida