“accommodation adventure in Key largo”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Key Largo House Boatel
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
“accommodation adventure in Key largo”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was surprised at the high ratings for this place. There were 4 boats parked very close together. Fortunately, the people next door were quiet. I can't say that for the air conditioner on the next boat that had an annoyingly loud clanging sound. I never saw George. The cleaning lady was very nice and helpful but I didn't find the boat very clean. It was a rustic cabin on the water. Just a step above camping. The other boats may have been more updated than mine. The best thing about this place was the small private beach area on the water. As a lone woman traveller I didn't feel that safe since there wasn't a door to lock.it was $80/night for the small boat. The larger more updated ones were obviously more expensive. I am glad that I stayed there but would not stay again nor would I recommend it to my friends. I looked at it as a 3 day adventure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Lynn L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 May 2014

There is no easier and faster way to get out on the water than to check into a houseboat hotel.

You need not have a boating license or navigation skills. These floating hotel rooms are permanently tied to a dock right in picturesque Largo Sound. With opportunities to rent power boats and kayaks right at the hotel docks, there are immediate options to fish or search for Manatees and birds.

A kitchen, full size shower and private sundecks... as well as a convenient home cooking style diner just across the street from the dock makes this a very effortless place to chillax. This is not a corporate hotel or bed and breakfast experience. Nor are they corporate hotel prices. For those who like boating, camping and being one with nature... this is an easy alternative when you check into to an air conditioned cabin with made up beds ready for you.

There is no place better than anyplace in the Keys!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Harbor Springs, Michigan
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed for a week in boat #4. Loved the laid back atmosphere, rented a bicycle from across the highway and rode up to happy hour every day, met some great people here. George I will definitely be back next spring hopefully for 2 weeks. Loved boat #4! What a view from the sun deck on top

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank pharmerdan
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights last week. As soon as we got out of the car and walked around I wanted to leave! The boat was old, smelled,floors slanted, no dish towels, no hand towels in the bathroom. The water did not work at the bathroom sink, had to turn on the shower to wash hands. I woke up in the morning with some kind of bites all over my arms and legs! Cheap but find someplace else to stay!! We stayed on the Green Turtle in Key West for 3 days before and were spoiled!! Loved the place, Stock Island Marina was beautiful, the boat was stocked with everyting you could want and more, it was new and VERY clean! They even had a complimentary bottle of champagne with chilled glasses in the fridge when we arrived! If you can, drive the extra 2 hrs and stay there!!!

Room Tip: My best tip, Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 1R0
theboatel, Manager at Key Largo House Boatel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
The bathroom sink works fine. The faucet is the type that you have to lift and then turn. I dont understand why she didnt brin it to our atention, we would have gladly showed her how it worked, and why she was using the shower curtain for a towel since there was a stack of towels set up on the living room table.

Travellers are raving about these Key Largo hotels

Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Booked a 3 night stay over phone. Room was nothing as described. Room smelled, room slanted since house boat was listing, mgr. Never present, only available over phone. After complaining mgr. Said he would only charge for one night since room originally booked was not available and the room we ended up in was nothing as described. When I went to office to get copy of bill the following morning, he was no where to be found. He did not answer his phone and the voice mail was full, so could not leave message. Waited 60 minutes for him to return... but he never did. After returning home, credit card was charged for 3 night s.

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Ron003
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My Family and I stood this past Weekend at Key Largo Boatel we had a very pleasant stay there; We would really recommended for people to stay there it was an unforgetable experienced if you looking somewhere to stay in key largo please stay there very safe, clean, calm and nice location. Have a spetacular view and barbecue area with sand. My daughters left their DVD player there. He shipped it to us which he did not have to they are very honest thank you so much I cant wait to go back to them.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Fina C
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My 13 year old grandson and I stayed on boat #1 for 3 nights in early Feb. 14. We loved it. The boat was seriously funky. Although there is evidence of recent professional level work on the dock and shore side utilities, the boat itself was a hodge podge of cartoonish repairs and barely functioning features that we found charming, but I can see where it would put others off. Still, it was clean, it had what we needed, and everything in it more or less worked. Also, it was about half the cost of other places we had seen on line. The major reason we picked it was that we wanted to stay somewhere that was not an overpriced, hermetically sealed room full of plastic, overlooking a parking lot with 24 hour lighting. On this, it delivered. You are right on the edge of the bay, the views are great, the kid could fish off the shore, and one of the local iguanas wandered across our deck. You can see the stars at night, and have your morning coffee outside while watching the sunrise over the water. There is a small restaurant right across the parking lot that serves breakfast and lunch, to what appears to be a mostly local crowd. The food is adequate, but the waitresses are so friendly you really don’t care what they serve you. You are next to a residential neighborhood, so there is no traffic noise, and the area is good for morning walks. The boats are very close together, if you end up next to some loud, inconsiderate jerks, that could ruin your visit, but while we were there our neighbors were quiet, friendly, and respectful of our space. We did not use the kayaks but there are some mangrove islands across the bay within easy paddling distance.
Yes, the lack of professional maintenance is very apparent, and if things like not having hand towels, walking on spongy floors and having to brush your teeth in the kitchen sink bother you, you will not like it here, at least on boat #1. None of that mattered to us. We wanted something unusual, with a connection to the landscape that not been run though the mind of a marketing consultant. This was the best we found, and we would gladly do it again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family