“Scuba Fun Is So Much Fun!”

Scuba-Fun Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer scuba diving and snorkeling on the beautiful reefs and wrecks of Key Largo. We speak English, German, French and Spanish! We offer excellent service, including a variety of different dive boats and dive sites each day. Our goal is to make you so happy that you want to come back!
Columbus, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Scuba Fun Is So Much Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Scuba Fun is a great dive shop. Anya is great to deal with when booking & sizing equipment. Daniel was so much fun. We enjoyed him greatly! Thanks guys! We will be back!

Visited August 2013

Vienna, Austria
“Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We heard about the divebase in Austria as ist is the only germanspeaking one. So we just stopped ob our way to Key West for 2 really great dives. Our guid Dan was awesome. We had so mich fun and felt all the time excellent guided!

We will come again for sure ;)

Visited August 2013
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Perfect Key diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Thanks to Gabriele and Anya I had a great time diving in key Largo. I had just completed my OWD in Germany, and scuba fun arranged for me my first "real" dive. Many thanks to my excellent dive guides Raphael and Red! They explained anything in detail, answered all my stupid questions. I always felt save with them under water.
I hope I can come back soon.

Visited July 2013
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“An Almost Great Snorkeling Adventure.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We booked our trip in advance of our trip down to the Keys. When we checked in at the Scuba Fun center, we found the staff to be very knowledgeable and friendly. They suffered through all of my endless questions gracefully. I've been snorkeling before but have never scuba dived before so I had a lot of questions about it because I would like to learn in the future. We paid our fees and headed to the dock where we needed to meet our boat.

The charter was pretty full and the captain and first mate Tim did an excellent job of getting everyone on board and providing very detailed instructions concerning the trip. We went out to three sites which provided ample opportunity to see some great reefs and plentiful fish. The highlight of trip for me was seeing the Christ of the deep. Unfortunately there were some over-zealous scuba divers from another boat that decided to make their own little documentary about the statue and so were right in the way of everyone above trying to get pictures. It was a bit ridiculous.

Now for the Almost part. The boat we went out on was a cruiser boat which is very slow. It took us an hour to get out to the site and more than an hour to get back. All the other boats we saw out on the reefs were flying past us on the way back and we were just slowly plodding along. Of course with all the extra time bobbing along the way, some people were getting sick and some fried from sitting in the sun. My wife had plenty of sunscreen on and still got fried on her back. It didn't help that the wind picked up a little out on the water but again, a bit more speed would have leveled the boat out with a heck of a lot less rocking.

So we did have a lot of fun and we got to see some amazing sites, but if you are looking to spend more time in the water and less time getting to and from the site, I would be specific about asking what type of boat you'll be going out on. I don't think that the boat we went out on is the only boat Scuba Fun uses but it doesn't hurt to be informed.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Chiminee
Cloudcroft
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun with Scuba-Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

My family of four booked 4 days of diving with Scuba-Fun, weather was not the greatest, but Anya managed to get us in the water three days. We had one son that still needed to get his advanced open water and Danny was his instructor for that. We enjoyed our time so much we had Danny stay on as guide for our remaining dives. Two days of diving on the Spiegel Grove were a highlight. We had two equipment rentals and the gear was top notch. Scuba-Fun does not have their own boat, but managed all the coordination to get us on boats each day. I will definitely dive through Scuba-Fun next time I make it to the Keys.

Visited June 2013