“Authentic Mexican not Tex Mex”
Review of Puerto Vallarta - CLOSED

Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2015

After having our fill of fish, we wanted to try the Mexican in Key Largo. We started with nachos...not exactly what we thought of as nachos but a very light salad. We then had tamales and cheese enchiladas and rice. Both were excellent. Very unique flavors that mixed very nicely. I also had a margarita and it too was good.

Reviewed 30 December 2014

Food was reasonably priced, and I enjoyed what I ordered. Not worth a big journey, but if you want decent Mexican (including many seafood options), it is a safe pick.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We live locally and visit this Restuarant at least three times a month.

The prices and food are really good.
The Resturant moved from Key Largo to Islamorada this February 2014 .

Our family never visited while they were open up there but we heard they were pretty good. I'm just disappointed we never went when we had the chance back then because this had become our first choice when we look to go out for dinner.

The Chimichangas are great and my wife and daughter love the Shrimp fajitas. My favorite is the Shrimp enchiladas with the Verde sauce, ask for the green sauce it's excellent.

They give you chips and salsa but you can ask for the homemade hot sauce, use caution it's HOT.

They also have excellent House Margaritas.

1  Thank Swipenow
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The platter was ordered with a sampling of their food and sadly all of it tasted the same. Nothing stood out. The service was courteous and friendly but overall, I didn't feel this was a place to return to.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stopped here on our way back to Hollywood from a daytrip to the Keys. At first we were a little worried because there didn't appear to be any other cars in the parking lot and it was 5:30 so we thought maybe that is early to eat in this area? I am glad we didn't shy away from it though, our food was awesome! Our group had a chicken chimichanga, fajita's, quesadilla and tacos and each person loved it. The salsa they bring with your chips when you sit down is all chunks which I typically wouldn't like, but it had great flavor. Our food came it seemed like in about 5 minutes and or waiter Saul Facia was very friendly and enjoyable. Wish we weren't from Indiana or it would be our new favorite restaurant!