“Double dipping the Spiegel Grove.”
Review of Ocean Divers

Ocean Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Divers is a scuba diving, snorkeling and water sport destination in Key Largo. Our boats leave the docks of the Marriott Key Largo to visit the reefs and wrecks of Key Largo. Come rent stand-up paddleboards, waverunners, kayaks. Come do an eco tour or a sunset cruise! Fly high above Key Largo parasailing and get a 20 mile view. Seize the deep!
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We chose Ocean Divers for the Sunday afternoon double dip on the Spiegel Grove. This worked out well for a day trip from Pompano Beach. Courtney and Dave briefed us on the dives while showing a detailed illustration of the ship and related depths. They focused on making the most out of your dives with prevailing current and avoiding danger zones. You and your dive buddy are free to explore this amazing ship at your own risk. Super structure and cranes are impressive. Currents can be quite strong so plan wisely. Lots of large barracuda around. Five gallon igloo of cold water, fresh fruit, and pretzels during surface interval. Marine head and emergency equipment onboard. A $10 medallion for Florida Keys Shipwrecks is required to be purchased good for the year. No charge for use of hard weights. A fair price for a great dive!

All reviews
in 25 reviews
"these guys"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We went to Key Largo to get our open water certification. Ocean Divers' wonderful staff member, Diana, paired us up with Instructor Steve Burner. He was incredible. We had let nearly a year go by after our in pool training here in pennsylvania. I was very uncertain and nervous, Steve is a natural at making people feel comfortable in the water, and explained all of the skills in such a professional manner that I finally started to relax and enjoy learning the skills. Steve takes the dangers of the sport very seriously and made sure we understood the skills we were learning so that we feel more confident. There were a number of nuanced aspects of learning and the way Steve explained and demonstrated the necessary skills was incredible. And, he is a really nice person to be around. I would recommend Steve without reservation!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We just came back from Key Largo where our primary purpose was to do our open water certification. We brought our kids along--ages 19 and 16 and signed them up for the Discover Scuba program. Elizabeth Wright (a.k.a. Biff) instructed our kids. I can't say enough about this fine young instructor. She is warm and patient and was able to teach my kids a great deal in a short time. They learned several skills, including neutral buoyancy and they LOVED it! They are asking to go back and we will definitely ask for Biff to instruct them for their certification. Can't thank her and a Ocean Divers enough for the kids' great experience!

1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Went to Ocean Divers largely because is was right across the canal from my hotel. Went there with my dive instructor (she had used them before) to do my Advanced Open Water Certification. Did 5 dives with them and was very happy with the shop, the crew and the ships. Each crewmember was informative and helpful. They have a storage cage where you can hang your BCD and keep the rest of your gear if you want. I am a retired Air Force officer; ask them and they will give you 10% off. I'd go there again.