“Safety and passion first --great dives!”
Review of Ocean Divers

Ocean Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Divers is a scuba diving, snorkeling and water sport destination in Key Largo. Our boats leave the docks of the Marriott Key Largo to visit the reefs and wrecks of Key Largo. Come rent stand-up paddleboards, waverunners, kayaks. Come do an eco tour or a sunset cruise! Fly high above Key Largo parasailing and get a 20 mile view. Seize the deep!
Zurich, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Safety and passion first --great dives!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

It's been a few years now, that when I come over to the Keys, I systematically ;ale a stop in Key Largo to enjoy Ocean Divers' crew professionalism and passion: this time on top of diving over great reefs and wreck (Spiegel Grove; we had to trade the Duane for a fabulous and rich drift dive, due to current), I took an opportunity to bring with me my 10-year old daughter on a double dip (reef) for her Discover Scuba... Great memories already cast in her head (sharks, morays, rays, tons of colorful fishes) and the wish to continue! I think Ocean Divers, their attention and experience, made it a real deal for us. Thanks again and see you soon hopefully!

Visited August 2014

Rockville, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The Pool is Open!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I've been diving with Ocean Divers for a few years now. The reefs that they take out to are just magnificent. This last dive I got to see a pod of dolphins swim by. They were no more than 10 feet away. Just amazing! Boat wasn't too crowded which is a big plus. The last thing you want is to be tripping over each other on a boat. We will definitely be using Ocean Divers every time we come back to South Florida. Worth the 1.5 hour drive from Ft Lauderdale while visiting family.

Orlando, Florida
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Double dipping the Spiegel Grove.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We chose Ocean Divers for the Sunday afternoon double dip on the Spiegel Grove. This worked out well for a day trip from Pompano Beach. Courtney and Dave briefed us on the dives while showing a detailed illustration of the ship and related depths. They focused on making the most out of your dives with prevailing current and avoiding danger zones. You and your dive buddy are free to explore this amazing ship at your own risk. Super structure and cranes are impressive. Currents can be quite strong so plan wisely. Lots of large barracuda around. Five gallon igloo of cold water, fresh fruit, and pretzels during surface interval. Marine head and emergency equipment onboard. A $10 medallion for Florida Keys Shipwrecks is required to be purchased good for the year. No charge for use of hard weights. A fair price for a great dive!

Visited June 2014
East Pennsboro, Pennsylvania
“Open Water Certification Instructor”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We went to Key Largo to get our open water certification. Ocean Divers' wonderful staff member, Diana, paired us up with Instructor Steve Burner. He was incredible. We had let nearly a year go by after our in pool training here in pennsylvania. I was very uncertain and nervous, Steve is a natural at making people feel comfortable in the water, and explained all of the skills in such a professional manner that I finally started to relax and enjoy learning the skills. Steve takes the dangers of the sport very seriously and made sure we understood the skills we were learning so that we feel more confident. There were a number of nuanced aspects of learning and the way Steve explained and demonstrated the necessary skills was incredible. And, he is a really nice person to be around. I would recommend Steve without reservation!

Central City, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A great discover scuba instructor for my teenaged children!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We just came back from Key Largo where our primary purpose was to do our open water certification. We brought our kids along--ages 19 and 16 and signed them up for the Discover Scuba program. Elizabeth Wright (a.k.a. Biff) instructed our kids. I can't say enough about this fine young instructor. She is warm and patient and was able to teach my kids a great deal in a short time. They learned several skills, including neutral buoyancy and they LOVED it! They are asking to go back and we will definitely ask for Biff to instruct them for their certification. Can't thank her and a Ocean Divers enough for the kids' great experience!

1 Thank Lisa S