We have stayed here a few times before but the hotel is getting very tired and previosly high standards are slipping.
Our room was on the 4th floor with great views of the ocean, the room needed updating, we first stayed here about 12 years ago and very little has been done to upgrade.
The beach area is excellent but despite signs banning dogs management seems to allow dogs on the beach, we pointed this out to a manager but dogs were still allowed on the beach. They also allow all and sundry to use the beach, On Saturday of our visit we arrived at beach approx 1.30 pm and could not find any loungers, many people were having picnics with cool boxes, wine, beer etc. we spoke to a nunber of people who just visit the beach FOC over weekend, parking in the hotel car park is free and uncontrolled so anybody can drive in and spend the day on the hotel beach but again when we talked to a manager they huff and puff but do nothing.
Breakfast normally is excellent at Hilton but the buffet was shut and you had to order from the menu. In the evening we intended to eat the restaurant but we were the only people in the bar restaurant so ate out every evening.
The setting and walks around the trails are superb but overall we we disappointed especially after the great time we had on previous visits.
It appeared to be very short staffed, there was a bell desk but no bell staff, when we checked in they offered bell service for our luggage but after waiting over 10 minutes with nobody attending we took our own, reception often seemed under staffed and getting hold of a manager was difficult and long winded, we had to make 3 visits to reception to see a duty manager as they were busy, at meeting, not yet on duty.
We would like to visit again as the setting is perfect but Hilton need to spruce up the room, sharpen up service and concentrate and people actually staying at the hotel and management should actually manage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No other hotel offers a Florida Keys vacation experience quite like the Hilton Key Largo. This pristine, 13-acre resort sits on the best private beach in the upper Keys — and while it’s only an hour from Miami, you’ll feel worlds away, thanks to the sparkling white sand, lush tropical greenery and exciting outdoor activities.Guests at the Hilton Key Largo can enjoy as much excitement or relaxation as they like. Activities include world-class fishing and water sports, jet skis, wave runners, and para sailing. Nearby attractions include Dolphin Cove and the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, which is home to the only live coral reef in the continental United States. Kids love the hotel’s Scout About children’s program, and the whole family can enjoy the two heated swimming pools, fitness center and lighted tennis courts. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with spending hours just relaxing on the gorgeous beach and swimming in the crystal clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or enjoying quiet moments in the handsomely appointed guest rooms, each of which is graced with a private balcony — opt for a water-view room and you’ll have a front-row seat for Key Largo’s spectacular sunsets. This is paradise, made easy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Key Largo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Hilton Hotels Key Largo
- Hilton Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Grande Resort Beach Club
- Hilton Key Largo Resort Florida