“Great stay!”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
New York City, New York
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Room were clean. Staff was great. Location is superb. Def rent a car to experience the keys. Go on snorkel tour with Dan through resort. He took us off beaten path and we saw dolphins that followed the boat. He was awesome!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jo N
Kelly W, Manager at Hilton Key Largo Resort, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive review. We work very hard to ensure we are meeting our guest's needs. We are so pleased you found enjoyment at the resort and were able to participate in our on-site activities. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we will all be anxious to have you back!
Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Excellent and particularly aware of handicap needs, entire staff pleasant and very helpful, one person in particular, was Lisa pool and beach attendant and goodwill ambassador, made my stay so pleasant and wonderful. so friendly and outgoing. superb accommodations and very peaceful surroundings, made this vacation special. Cannot wait to go back!!!!! Sincerly yours, David and Joyce

Room Tip: We stayed on backside of main floor. Very peaceful and comfortable. Wanted to bring the bed home...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank joyce r
Thank you for your review. It is great to hear how one of our team members, Lisa, so made an impact with your visit. She is a true gem and takes such pride in ensuring our guests are well taken care of. I will be sure to pass a long your kind words to her.
We cannot wait to have you back! See you soon.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Had a great day-staycation there. We had just one day to un-wind and did not want to travel far. The Wait staff did a outstanding job and were very friendly. Had dinner on the deck right before sunset. The views were amazing. The bar tender knows her shots! too bad I don't remember her name but she does know how to make a great Chocolate cake shot.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you had a great time to unwind and honored we played a part. Very pleased you found our services and views amazing. I will pass on the great feedback to our bartenders! I am sure they will appreciate the recognition. We hope to see you again soon.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel a number of years ago. I suppose the management etc will have changed but not the location or the surroundings. We were totally 'blown away'. My daughter and I stayed by the pool whilst my husband and son went off diving. The surroundings are amazing. As we lay on the sunbeds an iguana strolled past. In the evening we went to the 'jetty and watched the manatees which were close enough to stroke. There were pelicans and squirrels close by. We went out on a boat trip from the hotel to the everglades and saw many water species including horseshoe crabs which I had never seen before or since. I appreciate that it is very important to have cleanliness and good service but for us there was MUCH more to explore and the memory of this hotel will live with us forever.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room with a balcony. We saw lots of wildlife and the squirrels came everyday.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kathryn w
Thank you for the gracious review and sentiments. We appreciate your return visit to our location. We are delighted you were "blown away" by the resort and were able to witness nature at its best! We hope to see you again in the Keys.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Upon check in we lowered our Duvet cover and discovered it was soiled! It looked to me like old blood. Also the padding in the duvet covers was literly disintegrated, no padding at all it was very lumpy and the lumps were hard as you can see from the pic.s. These really should have been thrown out. We immediately called front desk to inform them we needed the bedding changed. They evetually sent up housekeeping to change it. While they were there we showed them what was wrong.
Wish that would have been all the problems we encountered because it was our 21st. wedding anniversary unfortunately not.
The next morn. my husband went to get coffee approx. 6:30, and upon his return with coffee in both hands he noticed the elevator door was open. As he stepped into the elevator it was not level with the ground but there was a gap between the ground and the elevator floor which was approx at least 10 inches below ground level! Needless to say he stepped down hard with a jolt. Very unacceptable. We called the front desk to tell them about the elevator so no one else would have an accident in it or a child get really hurt. They told us the elevator had been turned off! With the doors open! At the very least they should have had the doors remain closed or have it roped off. The pic.s of the elevator are on my husbands ph.so I wasn't able to upload them at time of writing. Upon check out the next day we asked to talk to the manager and described the two incidences along with the pictures of both the dirty linens and the elevator.
A short time later we were sent a review questionaire so I described what happened. We won't be staying there again because of their lack of care for their guests.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Your feedback and review are highly appreciated. Please again accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your anniversary stay with us. The points you raised are unacceptable and have been addressed with our team to ensure we are delivering a safe enviroment for our guests. I certainly hope your husband has recovered well.
I do ask, should your return to the area to contact me directly at kelly.wilken@hilton.com or 305-852-5553 ext 560 as I know we can provide you a better, more enjoyable experience.

Travellers are raving about these Key Largo hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I left my drink out came back ants were in it they were claiming up a wall. But it was a great view and you should go down at sun set it was great if you want to go In the sea go early in day it's to hot and they were a lot of fish.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We certainly apologize that the ants invaded your drink and thus the room; I hope we were able to resolve this for you while here at the resort. I am pleased you were able to witness one of spectacular sunsets while here. We hope you'll have another opportunity to see one here again.
Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Key Largo for 4 days beginning July 4th. Before our stay, I contacted the activities director named on the website, Lisa Boles, to ask for suggestions on seeing fireworks and snorkeling. Lisa replied within a couple of hours with some great suggestions (Island Time Cruises for fireworks view from bay, and Keys Diver for snorkeling). We tried both and were happy. Before we arrived, I read both the positive and negative reviews of the property and braced my family for what might be an unpleasant stay. We were thrilled with what we found at the hotel and property. We stayed in a 2nd floor canopy view double. I had requested upgrades prior to the stay as a Hilton honors gold member, but it being the holiday weekend, the hotel was fully booked. Without my asking for anything, the front desk person provided free upgraded breakfast for the three of us for our stay. The breakfast buffet and made to order eggs were great. They also allowed me to apply my voucher towards a different menu item one day. The beds were extremely comfortable and the hotel grounds are beautiful. Yes, there were a few bugs including some mosquitoes that got into our rooms, but that's hard to prevent in a wooded setting in July anywhere in Florida. Some of the insects were even interesting to see; I took a picture of a yellow furry caterpillar (maybe an asp - don't touch one if you see it). I didn't mind the slightly dated furniture because everything was comfortable, and I absolutely love the rainforest like tree-lined paths leading to the beautiful small beaches. Even though we were there for a holiday weekend and the hotel was booked, it didn't feel over-crowded. We loved having on-site water sports available. From the time we checked in and were greeted at our car through checkout, every employee we encountered was very friendly and helpful. We are looking forward to visiting again next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TXTraveler2006
Thank you very much for the great review. We are delighted that you and your family were thrilled with your accomodation choice, as we know there are many options here in Key Largo. I am pleased to read you were able to enjoy our warm Hilton service and the many features of the resort. We certainly hope to see you on a return visit!