“Great Getaway”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Key Largo
Orlando, Florida
“Great Getaway”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Decided to take a short vacation and get away, excellent decision! Some friends had visited recently to check out the resort as a possible wedding location and loved the resort so we decided to check it out for ourselves. Very private location that was very nice. Found the hotel to be very relaxing but still plenty to do. Food was excellent and Treetops was a great setting for a nice dinner. Highly recommend the water sports. Thanks to all the great staff like Lianna, Sean, Jontel and Tyler for making for such a great getaway.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Irish2139
Kelly W, Manager at Hilton Key Largo Resort, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you for you review. We are so pleased you felt great about your decision to stay at the Hilton as we know there are many options here in Key Largo. I’m also delighted to learn that the team contributed to the enjoyment of your visit. I will be sure to pass along your recogniton to them. We do hope to see you return when your travels bring you back this way.
Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (944)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The reason I stayed there was because my airline offered a promotion. I got a JR suite (if you want to call it that) it was more like a long room. Breakfast (ordinary), service a little less than ordinary. Had to deal with what seemed to be employees that didn't really like their job. I am a Hilton Honors member and I normally stay at Marriott or Hilton... when in the Upper Keys I suggest the Marriott.
For the up side the room was comfortable and everything worked right. They are always clean. I didn't try the bar but it looked inviting. I may have caught them on a bad few days, or I was mad that I got the parking lot with no heads up. Either way I didn't feel I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: The "Canopy view" is short for parking lot view The beach/pool side looks much nicer but...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologise for the inconsistency in service delivery from some our team members. I will discuss your feedback with the team to refocus and improve their customer focus.
I hope you have another chance to visit us again and experience one of our other room types and the true quality of Hilton Service. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss futher, kelly.wilken@hilton.com.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We had a 4th floor room with the bay view with private balcony. We had an awesome time. Staffs are very nice and friendly. Sit are relax at the private beach where you can watch your children playing in the water or sand. Snorkeling, paddle boarding, fishing, kayaking etc.. all activities are right at the beach. You do not need to go else where to do those activities.
When we first arrived it was only like 11 am and the room was not ready. But they let us use the beach and pool facilities even though we haven't check in yet.
We stay there for 4 nights love every moment of it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for reviewing our property and sharing such nice comments. We are delighted you and your family so enjoyed all of our beachside offerings and our team. Thank you for choosing to spend your family vacation with us and we look forward to serving you again in the furture.
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I just returned from a week at the Hilton Key Largo. Positives - it's set in a natural/mangrove environment which is really fun. Sitting in a chair in the water is heaven. The food was pretty good, the key lime pie some of the best we tried in the keys. The cons - rooms and pool.areas could use updating. Rooms c are showing their age but are nicely fitted out and comfortable. Big con was getting a call from guest services one night at 9pm asking us if we had children in our room as people were complaining about "baby noises" we DID have children in our room as the hotel knew very well having brought up a crib and seen my children on the registration. Calling at 9pm when they had been asleep (and subsequently waking them up) to tell us of the complaint was rude and unnecessary. Given that my children had actually been well behaved and the only noise was from them dancing to the Dora theme song, I explained to guest services that if she had complaints now when they were good she was in for a world of trouble when they had a tantrum. I told her I w as my sure what she expected me to do and explained thus is why we were staying at a family resort and not a luxury spa. It did put a damper on the trip as I spent the next 7 days paranoid that I was offending people, but we managed to make the most of it and had a nice time. Won't go back though unless they did some updates AND I could be put in a family wing to avoid offending anyone.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank amandabB2335XJ
Kelly W, Manager at Hilton Key Largo Resort, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you taking the time to provide us your feedback from your recent visit with us. We are certainly delighted the our unique natural location and food offerings met your expectations. I apologize your trip was dampened. We are constantly working to improve in all aspects of our service delivery/interactions and room presentation and your comments will help us improve in these areas.
We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Key Largo.
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Great place and great location in Key Largo!!! Looking for a good hangout spot on the beach? A nice room with a private balcony? Then you'll love the Hilton in Key Largo! My husband and I stayed for four days and three nights. Wish we would have stayed longer. The only rough part was flying the red eye from Denver to Miami, arriving at 7am and not having a room available until 3pm. However, all worked out perfectly when we discovered the Tiki Bar on the beach and received amazing service from the bartender "Matt"!!! He made the Tiki Bar a blast, also to mention his partner in crime, "Ashley". We hung out, talked with Matt and Ashley and all the other people hanging out at the tiki bar. It was a blast!!! Loved the everything about the Hilton! Would highly recommend it!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tara R
Thank you so much for reviewing our property and sharing such nice comments about our resort and team members. We are delighted you and your new husband had a blast over your very special time. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The Good:
- Excellent location, probably the best beach in all Florida Keys.
- Great Place for Families
- Great staff with excellent service
- The Hotel (besides Rooms) is very clean with a great atmosphere.

The Improvement Areas:
- Update rooms (furniture, carpet, decorations, sofa-bed, room cleaning)
- More competitive food prices

Room Tip: Probably the best beach in all Florida Keys. The hotel is pricey (like you'd be in US Virgin Isl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank OscarPzs
Thank you for your review. We are really focusing on delivering great experiences for families and it was great to read how much your family enjoyed the time with us. Our guestroom appearance is an area we are actively examining. I will certainly pass along your feedback to our Houskeeping Manager in our continuing effort to improve our guest experiences. Thank you again for your comments and we hope we'll have another opportunity to serve you.
Bristol
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The reception and breakfast buffet are 100% Hilton, but the rest of the hotel i.e. rooms, dinner menu feel more like a sub $100 Embassy Suites.
The location is great, a mile or so from the centre of Key Largo, the private beach and pool areas are well kept, and the water sports has good equipment - but at $130 for 20mins parasailing it has top end pricing to match! Despite being busy the hotel is very quiet and has a relaxed atmosphere - if you want a few days rest away from the crowds this is perfect.
No real benefits for Hhonors members - no room upgrades, and only basic continental breakfast which is rigorously policed by the waiting staff to make sure you don't sneak some scrambled egg on to your plate!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Key Largo Resort. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback on Tripadvisor.
Thank you for your feedback in relation to our pricing and HHonors benefits . Please accept my sincere apologies that these were a disappointment for you. Your comments are invaluable to us for maintaining a top standard of service and will be used to improve our offerings.
The team and I hope to once again welcome you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Key Largo
Atlantic Bay Resort
Atlantic Bay Resort
#2 of 4 in Tavernier
Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort

Been to Hilton Key Largo Resort? Share your experiences!