“Pretty coral”
Review of North Dry Rocks

North Dry Rocks
Ranked #29 of 71 things to do in Key Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: This reef is a small maze of large limestone ledges that come up to 5 feet below the water surface, making it an excellent dive site for beginners.
Indianapolis, Indiana
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Pretty coral”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is a very shallow dive - used as a site for lots of certifications. It does, however, have great coral; lots of colors!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Scubaqueen01

Silver Spring, Maryland
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Like swimming in an aquarium!”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This was one of my OW check out dives, but there were snorkelers with us as well. The fish don't care that you are there, and I was able to get close and see a wide variety. It is shallow, perfect for beginning divers like me. Depths ranged down to 25', so equalizing was easy. No way to get lost, so lots of freedom to explore without the worry of where you are/ how far away from the boat.
THe day I went the water was smooth as glass, visibility was 40' or better. I will definitely be back!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank SpanishParrot
Key Largo, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great shallow dive”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This is an excellent shallow reef is a great spot for both divers and snorkelers. Amazing top structor such as corals and fans.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Store O
Salmon Arm, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“My first dive”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I am a beginner diver, and this was my first dive location. It goes down to about 25 feet in depth and is surrounded by coral. It is full of tropical fish, that do not really care about humans being there, so they go about their business.

I will return to this location with a camera

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Dwaynev
Spokane, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“One of my all time favorite dives!”
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Let me start out by saying that my group came to Key Largo expecting the diving to be just so so. That certainly didn't turn out to be the case. I've logged over 1200 dives and for the life of me can't understand why people overfly the Florida Keys to dive elsewhere. This place is awesome. That having been said, this was my favorite dive site of the trip. It is a shallow reef and the captain put us on the north end of the reef and told me about the Minnows Cave which is an alternate name for this site. You could easily spend an hour lying on the floor of this swim through watching the fish and minnows in the cave but it was on to explore the rest of the reef. It is a series of small shallow (25' Max) reefs covered with Gorgonians of all types. There are tons of fans and sea whips. There are also tons of fish of all different types located here. This was the only site we chose to dive twice while down here and it is well worth it. An absolutely awesome dive for beginners. If you get lost so what? Pop to the surface, look for the boat, and continue your dive. Absolutely fantastic. It is a tremendous snorkel site too by the way so if you have a mixed bag of snorkelers/divers in your party this is an ideal spot.

Visited May 2011