“If Jules Verne was alive, he'd harpoon the curator's attitude”

Ranked #30 of 73 things to do in Key Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: Marine park that contains diverse fish and marine life that is a perfect spot for snorkelers and divers.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were traveling to Key West and we stopped in to see the home of the Undersea Lodge. We already knew you could not get a reservation on short notice, so it was only a sight seeing excursion. We walked into the small gift shop and attempted to ask some questions and the woman was so overtly rude it bordered on hostile. Shocking does not even describe it. We just turned around and left. I'm not sure if we breathed to much oxygen or what. But the bizarre interlude was disturbing at best and if she is who my life was depending on to save me in an underwater hotel, I think I'd pass!

13  Thank Eric M
"sharks"
"snorkelers"
"captain"

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Snorkeled on the reef and saw many big fish like barracuda. A huge sea turtle swam by as well as a large reef shark...it was like being in a great big aquarium!

7  Thank rbruck54
Reviewed 1 February 2014

One of best snorkeling sites in US, don't miss opportunity. Just a short boat ride off shore. Very shallow waters at some points and many charters in the area. Not recommended for young children.

9  Thank Rosa S
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My boyfriend was taking a scuba class with Sail Fish Scuba and it was too windy for us to get out on the boat, I really wanted to do their guided snorkeling tour on the reef. However to be safe they cancelled their boat tour and moved training & my snorkeling to this close by lagoon. I admit I was really bummed at first, but they suggested I still get in the water and do some snorkeling while he completed his training on scuba. I must say I had a really fun time, even though I only stayed in the water for about half an hour. I saw yellow fish, a parrot fish, and I watched a lobster on some rocks in shallow water. I'm sorry for delay posting my review, I forgot all about it till we recently returned to Sail Fish Scuba last month to finally get in that reef snorkeling tour I wanted so badly. Those folks give you this list of places you should visit, and they suggest giving reviews on this site of how your visit went.

3  Thank abetcha