We used Priceline to bid on a hotel and got Holiday Inn for $110 plus taxes and fees a night. I know the Keys are expensive so I wasn't expecting much. Reading an earlier review makes me think that maybe Hotwire gets better treatment than Priceline but I was told to upgrade to a poolside room would be an extra $60 - bringing the room cost to $170 - so we opted to stick
with the parking lot side room.
* Very clean, comfortable rooms
* Super comfy beds and pillows
* Close to everything - esp diving
* Nice pools
* Very strong deodoriser used in some rooms (see story below if you are sensitive to chemicals / scents)
* Very loud air conditioner units in the room even on low or fan only setting
* No microwaves in room
* Restaurant has *no* food options for vegetarians. We had to travel off site every night for dinner.
Re: deodorizer in room: The first room we were given had a very strong scent. I haven't been in a hotel recently that uses deodorizer so didn't think to request none in advance. A chat with housekeeping revealed that when people smoke in the room they use a strong deodorizer to cover up the smell of smoke. Anyway, after an hour in the room I developed a bad headache and asked to be moved to a room without deodorizer. They offered me poolside for $60 more a night. I wasn't going to be in the room enough so declined. They showed me a 3 other rooms - 2 which smelled just as strongly and 1 which was better. So we moved there. If you are sensitive, make sure you do a "smell test" before settling in. I had hoped the smell was just a mist in the air that would dissipate quickly but it apparently does not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Key Largo Resort is the ideal Florida Keys location for families and individuals looking for an experience worth repeating in a breath taking locale. Absorb yourself in all that we have to offer! Stroll along our marina and paved pathways through lush foliage to find our two heated outdoor pools with Tiki Bar, cascading waterfall, Jacuzzi and spacious pool deck. Sip a tropical cocktail at our Tiki Bar, or savor delicious local fare at Bogie's Cafe and Garden Terrace. With spacious, well appointed rooms overlooking our tropical paradise and marina, the Holiday Inn Key Largo Resort is the perfect place for exploring the many wonders of the Florida Keys. Discover the enchantments of the Coral Reefs when you snorkel or dive. Experience our famous waters aboard the Glass Bottom Boat, on a fishing excursion, or even toast champagne on a sunset cruise. Try your luck on the Casino Boat! Located only 55 minutes from Miami, the Holiday Inn Key Largo is truly a world away. From the moment you arrive, you will know you have reached your destination; Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Key Largo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Key Largo Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Key Largo Florida