“Great trip”

33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I bought a groupon after being told that this was a good trip. The weather was perfect and the captain and crew very nice. It was a little rough when we were floating over the reef but they warned us before we left and you could see fine. Lots of different fish and coral and saw a nurse shark. The girl was wonderful with the history of the reef and describing all the fist and coral we saw. My husband and our friend and i really enjoyed it and would do again

Visited May 2014

Hartland, Wisconsin
“BEWARE if you get motion sickness”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

To be fair, I gave this review 3 stars because the overall experience would have been this had I not gotten so sick. The ride out was nice, breezy and calm; I chose to ride out on the top deck under the shade as fresh air helps my motion sickness. I get severe motion sickness but have learned to control it. Before boarding, I put on my sea bands and took a Dramamine (2 hours prior). I can normally control my motion sickness with just the sea bands but took the Dramamine as an extra precaution because I didn't know how the tide would be out by the reef. Everything was fine until we got out to the reef. At that point, everyone was instructed to go from the top deck down to the bottom. By this time, we were so close to the reef that it was hard to get down the stairs or walk -- it was CHOPPY. The water was so very rough by the reef due to the lower tide. Once I was below deck, the boat slowed its engines to glide over the reef. This cut the cool air which immediately amplified my motion sickness. I saw about 30 seconds of the glass bottom and had to go outside for fresh air. To my surprise, I was accompanied by over half the boat. I have been on a lot of boat tours, including some long whale watches, and have NEVER seen so many people motion sick before. In fact, 3 people in my group of 8 who never get sick also experienced severe motion sickness; including my 7 year old. This made the whole tour awful and a colossal waste of money for us. Had we not gotten so sick, it would have been a 3 star. The ride out was nice and beautiful and very relaxing. The glass bottom part of the tour over the reef was neat to see from what I heard, but there weren't a lot of fish. I heard that part was mediocre as there were only some small fish. Of course, you can't fault for the tour for that; they can't control nature. I thought the ship was nice and clean and the crew was great. A crew member was prepared at the back of the boat with cups of ice chips, puke bags, and paper towel. This tells me they deal with this A LOT as they were extremely prepared. I have also never seen a crew so prepared for motion sickness on all the boat tours I have done; many people getting sick must be the norm for them because they had enough supplies for the entire boat. If this tells you anything, it should tell you that if you ever get motion sick, even rarely, do not go on this tour. You won't make it. Over half our tour missed the whole glass bottom part and was hanging over the back of the boat with me. I think it must be the combination of the 3 motions (the boat, water, and reef water sloshing below the boat that you see) with the heat. If there was a way to keep the boat air conditioned and cool over the reef, I think a lot less people would have gotten sick. If you never ever get motion sick, it's a nice boat ride and something different to do, but don't expect to see anything super spectacular.

Visited April 2014
Dieterich, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

The tour started on time. I was afraid it would be overcrowded, but there were only 15 people in our group. Only enough room on top for 4-6 people to sit. Seating lines the sides in the lower deck. The coral reefs were awesome. We saw a sea turtle and a stingray, but mostly fish. The glass bottom extends most of the length of the lower deck. Great viewing. The tour was two hours long. We went 7 miles out into the ocean. Pretty good cocktails. The food consisted of hot dogs in a microwave. It cost us $30 each with a coupon. Great price for the tour.

Visited April 2014
Miami, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable 2 hours on the Water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Myself, my wife, mother-inlaw and 2 yr old Son took this boat ride and enjoyed it immensely. The ride was smooth, the guide was informative and funny. The waters were a little choppy but you didn't really feel it on board. Bottoms cabin is climate controlled and the sun deck above has a covered area with a bar. Hot dogs chips and candy as well as soft drinks, frozen cocktails and other alcoholic beverages are available for a decent extra fee. Cash and credit excepted onboard. Bathrooms are clean and the crew very nice. The bottom cabin carpet is a little degraded but all in all the boat is very clean. The reef was beautiful and the views from the sundeck beautiful. Will definitely do it again. $30 adults and $17 for kids 2 and older if you purchase online at Zerve.com 24 hrs in advance.

chicago, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Solid choice for windy days and non-swimmers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We ended up on this boat tour as the winds were very high and the snorkeling trips at Pennekamp were all canceled. It was a good choice: comfortable, plenty of viewing room, competently run, and a knowledgable guide. The biggest disappointment is the reefs themselves are struggling but this seemed like a very good look under the circumstances.

Visited March 2014