“Pleased with our stay”

Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Looking for top end resort, look elsewhere. This is clearly an older establishment that has been lovingly maintained, presumably despite some harsh conditions. The room was adequately large. The balcony a very usable living space. Many of the rooms back to the US 1 traffic; this is easily drowned out by setting the HVAC fan to run continuously. The bathroom showed its age with a number of cracked tiles, but it was clean, not an easy feat in this tropical an humid climate. There's a lovely bayside beach adjacent to the rather large swimming pool. Our first days, the place was essentially unoccupied so we had the hot, hot tub all to ourselves throughout the afternoon and evening. There are nice thatched huts with hammocks. In the evening, we went there for star gazing. There's surprisingly diverse flora and fauna throughout the facility. Try to swing a deal for complimentary breakfast; it's good but struck us as pricey. The dive shop on premises seems to have reasonable prices, having a good selection of gear for sale, renting kayaks and personal watercraft, as well as conducting diving / snarling outings. It may not matter to most, but exiting this hotel it's no problem heading in either direction on US 1 (not so at many other Key Largo hotels).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank UglyBuffalo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,187)

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I did complain to the customer service department of the hotel because when one pays so much 1000 for two nights they should have better control on their cleaning people and the cleaning solutions they use. The outside was very nice and comfortable I loved the views wonderful location and lobby area

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Anna D
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is a great property for a getaway. They offer as much or as little activities as you like. Stunning view and wonderful food, service and accommodations.
Has all of the laid back feel of the Keys with a minimal amount of travel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Booked on Marriott.com, and I'm a Silver. Pre-paid in full. Used the mobile check in when on the way, and when I arrived still had to wait in line. While I was waiting, the person in front of me in line got upgraded, and the person taking care of him was lovely. While they were interacting, the person behind the desk asked if they were members of Marriott rewards and if they stayed at Marriott often. The customer declined and said this was their 2nd time at a Marriott. Since I'm silver and a loyal Marriott customer, I thought I would at least have the same treatment. Unfortunately, another desk agent came out and helped me at that point. This person was so rude, didn't care about my Silver, and gave us a room with 2 double beds overlooking the dumpsters (we had requested a King, but it wasn't "guaranteed"). I was shocked and horrified when I walked into the room. This was definitely not the standard I was used to at Marriott hotels.

We were only staying for 1 night, so I wasn't going to be upset about it. We decided to make the best of it. We got drinks at the pool bar, and the bartender was great. The location is okay, it's a bit out of the way from the main areas of Key Largo. We had the buffet breakfast at Gus' Grille the next morning, and it was average. Overall our stay here was 2 stars, and I paid well over that. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank GinetteMM
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Everything was perfect. High standards. Spotlessly clean. Lovely staff. Comfortable beds. We had an amazing time in paradise. You won't be disappointed. It was just what we needed to escape the rat race. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed here for a conference at another location 4-8 Nov 13.
As a Gold member I was up graded to a room that had a SW view of the other lot and a distance view of Blackwater Sound. WOW-not.
The Resort/room was nice and clean. The bed particularly were excellent. Staff was courteous and helpful. Received one Breakfast voucher only, breakfast buffet was great but did not open till 7AM.
The pool, beach and lounge area were excellent, especially with cocktails in your hand.
Gym was not open till 7AM. Running routes was a little tricky with constructions on the side walk.

Issues: they charged one night advance and I had to changed the dates twice. Instead of cancelling the transactions, they credit the amount back BUT I lost money twice on exchange rate (approx $25 Cdn total). Thanks for being a loyal guest. Be careful if you are a foreign guest when booking and have to change dates.
I mentioned it during check-in with a blank look. Customer services????

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank GalavantingJeff
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed for a long weekend....very cool place ! Nice staff, nice rooms although not over the top but nice. GREAT pool. If I go back I might shop around alittle to see what else is there. Over all a good stay with no complaints

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple