This review is overdue. We visited this hotel in November, but because we had been there only a month or so prior, I had to wait to add this new one.
Key Largo Marriott Beach Resort used to be one of our favorites--not so much any more.
On the plus side:
-the grounds are kept immaculately, and the mattresses are super comfortable, with lots of pillows.
-As platinum elite members, we get free wifi, one free breakfast each, and a choice of a $10 credit toward food/drink or points.
-Adam and Lena at Breezer's are still great bartenders, and Barbara at breakfast is super.
-we found out that Stefan, the rude bartender at the pool bar, is finally gone.
On the minus side:
-the wifi doesn't work at the pool/beach
-at the front desk, Zully gave no welcoming smile, no welcome back (we had just been here a month ago! I don't expect them to remember, but it's in our records.)
-We were given only 1 pool towel card instead of two--previously, on our MANY stays here, we always got two, for two towels per person. What's going on? And no towels at the pool in the morning until someone complained.
-Pool bathroom still has unpleasant odor and feels unclean.
-Apparently no one from the hotel management has been monitoring these reviews, since there are no responses. UPDATE--it looks like maybe he/she has started, since I finally see some responses. Hallelujah! This is a franchise-maybe that's the difference. Miami Airport Marriott has terrific service attitude. Everyone greets you and treats you like a special guest and an old friend, and their general manager, David, responds to all comments on trip advisor. Not here.
- Another item of note-you don't get receipts for meals, so you definitely have to check your bill...we even took a picture of our breakfast bill this time with the voucher for a free breakfast for two, since last time we were here, they charged us for it, and when we brought it to their attention at checkout, the person at the front desk treated us like we were trying to cheat them. Sadly, we have lost trust.
We are thinking about coming back to Key Largo within the next few months and are reconsidering where to stay. Perhaps a response from the management might make all the difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy various enhancements including a stunning guest room renovation inspired by the tranquil lifestyle and vibrant colors defining the West Palm Beach, FL, destination. Conveniently located near CityPlace, Kravis Center for Performing Arts, Cruzan Amphitheater Downtown West Palm, Palm Beach County Convention Center and Palm Beach International (PBI) Airport, our West Palm Beach hotel appeals to leisure travelers alike. Appreciate deluxe accommodations and unique amenities at our Marriott hotel in West Palm Beach, FL, including high-speed internet, complimentary airport shuttle. Self-parking available for an extra charge of $15 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Key Largo Bay Beach Hotel Key Largo
- Key Largo Marriott
- Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort Florida